Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 12-08-2015

Default Je Models.. Apex Models

So.. Je Models and Apex Models are now basically the same company... am I right ?... just with two web sites ?

Just noticed the shared website design etc and same address...

Can anyone confirm this ?

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 12-08-2015

Yes they are but if you're gonna order, order from the JE Models side as their orders take priority. When busy you can wait for a few days for the Apex stuff to be dispatched. JE Models is same day dispatch if ordered before 3PM.
Old 12-08-2015

if they have the stock they have been know to show items in stock they don't have
Old 12-08-2015
Mad Member

I would never order from either again they are so slow to deliver
Old 12-08-2015

Default JE Apex

When apex took over they didnt honour any refunds or deal with issues that JE had from before the takeover, customers were left dealing with manufacturers direct.
Unfortunately for some (not just me) durango changed ownership at the same time, left me £175 lighter! Avoid all three!!!!!
Old 12-08-2015

This is a bit of a shame yeah ... I've had many great orders from JE models in the past but have had issues with Apex .. .so when I noticed they were the same now I got concerned ....

I personally love to share the RC passion and the profit .. so when I save up enough I spread several orders over a number of retailers, it makes me feel good and I hope help all the retailers a little...

This month was several orders to Modelsport including an HPI Wheely King, a pre order (monster beetle) to Fusion hobbies, a spares order to Apex and a HPI Jumpshot from JE Models ... plus a few orders to Blacksmith on Ebay (They ROCK) and some misc orders from china ....

It's been a busy month with a few hundred pounds spent ... I now however learn that part of my spend might go somewhere im not sure of ... I'd much prefer that JE Models were NOT part of Apex to be honest. Don't wanna dis Apex ... but yeah, I've not had the best of times with them and now finding out JE is part of that... it concerns me ... A few years ago I wanted to promote and race Caster 10th buggies ... the only place to get them was Apex ... I ordered 2 chassis and ALL the spares but nothing ever turned up and I missed an entire season basically ... Caster had a team racer at the track I drove at and even he had issues as he had to go through Apex to... something to do with Answer RC, cant quite remember ... anyway ...

Nuff said... time to write to JE and ask why he's teamed up with Apex I guess ....

K

ANVIL-GFX
Old 12-08-2015

Default Reasons

JE werent making a profit, were in financial trouble and apex bought the stock and the website.
Its the same shop now with two websites. I know its legal to do this, but its certainly misleading, and not a way i would run my business.
Im going to have a look on companies house and look at the directors and trading history of both companies, will let you know if i find anything interesting.