Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 15-02-2010

Default Drive shaft cat sx

I noticed that on my cat sx that my wheels where wobling to much i checked my tires re-balanced them to make sure they where ok and i was still gettingthe woble in my wheel when i was holding the cat up.Then i realized that the drive shaft wasn't moving straight at all...I changed the drive shaft with a new ones and it fixed my wobling problem but after a few runs i noticed it happening again not much but it was getting worse...Is there anything i am doing wrong here or do the drive shafts bend after a few runs? even some new drive shafts i bought looked bent when i was running them in the car.This creates to much vibration in the car.
Old 15-02-2010
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

wheel bearings???
Old 15-02-2010

Too much droop maybe, allowing driveshafts to catch on diff out drives? Turn the wheels by hand to see if you can see this happening on full droop. You will probably see whitness marks on the drive shaft too.
Old 15-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
wheel bearings???
I changed my bearings to acer ceramic nitride.but still the same problem
Old 15-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
Too much droop maybe, allowing driveshafts to catch on diff out drives? Turn the wheels by hand to see if you can see this happening on full droop. You will probably see whitness marks on the drive shaft too.

I checked my drop and it looks fine i usualy test this by droping the car about 1ft of the ground and make sure the suspension arms come straight.also depending on the track im running on...the tracks i run on usualy have big to small jumps and very bumpy at time it's a mix of everything.I try setup my car with the various setup.
Old 15-02-2010

thats the ride hight that your checking, droop is the amount the suspension goes down when you lift the car, at full down suspension travel make sure drive shafts don't touch drive shafts and check same at full compression,and just because you changed to ceramic bearings doesn't mean they are collapsed or worn out,
Old 15-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
thats the ride hight that your checking, droop is the amount the suspension goes down when you lift the car, at full down suspension travel make sure drive shafts don't touch drive shafts and check same at full compression,and just because you changed to ceramic bearings doesn't mean they are collapsed or worn out,
Well it looks like i have to much droop,how would i go by correcting this? not all the driveshafts are touching the outer drives,but the ones that are is where im having problemes.I appreciate the help im getting here thanks...hopefully i will have a better result on my nexr race event.
Old 16-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Check your shock length fella a lot of the setup's run a 95.5mm overall length rear shock and an 81-83.5mm front shock and if the up travel is letting the drive shaft hit the out drive then limit the shock by adding spacers between the spring cup and the bottom of the shock body on the shock shaft.
Old 16-02-2010

to much droop can be limited buy adding spacers under the shock piston,