Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 22-10-2012

Default JE Models

Hi does anyone know if JE Spares/ Models Oople discount no longer work?
As my usual source of spares I was about to checkout to discover its not accepting the discount code. Have they stopped this or something??
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

Hi
I has similar issue a few weeks ago - probably worth sending them a quick e-mail to check? They have always been very quick to respond to any e-mails or queries I've had in the past.
Cheers
Rob
Old 22-10-2012
Banned

I spoke too Stu last week.

Jemodels is my local shop, We normally get a club discount
But Stu says they have stopped all discounts.

That's everything discount wise clubs, oOe etc....
Old 22-10-2012

Heard that too at the weekend, we used to get a club discount but without warning it was cancelled.
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

I spoke to one of the chaps a couple weeks ago !
He said that all club discounts have been cancelled, also said that they thought they were more than competitively priced !

All racers will now be given discounts based on what they buy from JE Models, the more you buy the more discount is issued !

I only found out when I went to order around £300 of spares, entered our club code. Spoke to our committee members to find out he only just found out too !!

I then cancelled the order and sent to to another shop that was far cheaper !

I think its a really poor way its been done though, cancelling all the codes without informing the clubs, in these hard times people will buy from the cheapest shops !

Lets see what happens as I'm sure this will affect how people buy !
Old 22-10-2012

Hi all,

It is correct in what's been said, we no longer provide clubs, forums and customers any form of permanent discount.

The reasons behind this are very simple in a business sense but I feel some explanation is required for the customers to understand why we chose to do it.

1. Tighter margins. With some cost prices and RRP's going up, along with a very competitive market we were simply making less on certain products, add a discount to this and it really did make for some very low margins on orders.

2. Already great pricing. We feel that we already have a fantastic pricing structure in place and you'll find it hard not only for us to be beaten on many prices, yes there will always be some cheaper shops but we are typically talking pennies in difference.

3. Our customer service. We take pride in the service we provide and that we've built up over the years, we know that people respect us for it and shop with us based on how we serve them. You'll always hear of bad things, it's inevitable that you will hear of bad stories and unfortunately in this market you always hear more bad than good, this applies to all shops, suppliers and manufacturers...

4. Promotion. We currently do not provide our customers with any form of promotion in the form of stickers, clothing, web graphics e.t.c.. Typically you would expect a discounted customer or club to promote us in some way, we know this is our doing and control and we do aim to change this very soon. This is the point where we may be able to start looking at discounts again.

The future.....

Rather than a permanent discount based on your total spend, we aim to have a reward points system in place where you can build up points and spend them at your own pace. After looking into schemes we feel this is the best option.

I hope this explains to some of you why it's been done and we apologise for any inconvenience caused in the process of us removing discounts.

If you have any questions then please feel free to email (sales@jemodels.com) or call us (0161 654 7850), we really do appreciate feedback and don't mind discussing it if you have something to say, it's what helps us make things better for you!

Many thanks,
Ryan.
Old 22-10-2012

I did not mean to open the flood gates but glad it has now been made clear.
I just wanted to point out that JE Models customer service has been top notch on every order I have ever placed and also every time I have e-mailed or called for advice - I don't think they can be beaten for their effort and 'customer is king' attitude.
I am a bit disappointed to loose the discount as it was a nice sweetener especially buying models & other expensive items. I will still use them for sure as beat most other hands down for stock levels and service.

Thanks for clearing that up - totally understand the reasons why, cheers for all the responses guys!!
Old 22-10-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Apex Model's is my first choice for all my bits and bobs due to them being local and also the club sponsor . I support them as they are 20 mins from me, I cant think of another 'model shop' for racers within an hours drive EACH WAY from me, might even be further.

However, I use JE whenever Apex do not have stock or do not stock the item I need.

I find JE a brilliant shop to deal with, you can order online or call up and give them some abuse and they also supply FREE Haribo, which is always a treat at work!

Sometimes it's not all about price, it's about quality of service and delivery of the goods, JE do this time and time again

I'd prefer to use a good shop and pay more, than get a cheapy cheap price and bang my head against a wall.

If racers do not pay proper prices the shops can not carry the stck levels we want and demand.
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

I did'nt even know they did an oOple discount!! However, things are tough these days and a bisiness has to make money. They have bills and staff to pay like everyone else and i still feel their prices are spot on.

Still reckon they are the best shop for service etc in the country.

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

I'm not bashing JE Models, far from it, I've bought loads from them and have had no complainants !

But if a local shop offers you a £23 saving on a £300 order ( 7.5% ) what would you do ?

JE Models had it in stock, yes
My Supplier had to order it in, ordered on a Friday, got the stock Monday !!

Plus I've had no Haribo, boo, lol
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

Sorry mate, i did'nt mean it to sound like i was having a go. I thought the 7.5% discount was when they were moving?

Anyway, i always try and buy in UK. I'm a great believer of it.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 22-10-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
I'm not bashing JE Models, far from it, I've bought loads from them and have had no complainants !

But if a local shop offers you a £23 saving on a £300 order ( 7.5% ) what would you do ?

JE Models had it in stock, yes
My Supplier had to order it in, ordered on a Friday, got the stock Monday !!

Plus I've had no Haribo, boo, lol
Nail on the head. JE had stock, hence they might need to charge a little more for the fact of carrying £1000's worth of more stock. Horses for courses. If like you me, you're unorganised, you need things next day
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
Sorry mate, i did'nt mean it to sound like i was having a go. I thought the 7.5% discount was when they were moving?
L
We were getting 7.5% as a club discount

My issue is only how they cancelled the discount !
Not with the shop or staff or stock levels !

If I need something in a rush, shops with stock get the order
If I can wait, the price is more of a pull !

Sorry if this upsets anyone, but I pay for all my RC, I'm not under any sponsorship deal so am free to buy what and where I choose !

If a club or shop offers me a discount, that's where I buy !
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry @ JE Models View Post
Rather than a permanent discount based on your total spend, we aim to have a reward points system in place where you can build up points and spend them at your own pace. After looking into schemes we feel this is the best option.
With the way i go through spare parts, i'll have enough points to buy a couple of top end buggies by christmas next year.
Old 22-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry @ JE Models View Post
Rather than a permanent discount based on your total spend, we aim to have a reward points system in place where you can build up points and spend them at your own pace.
A bit like A Main then? Only be a bit more generous with the expiry date of all accumulated points eh
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 26-10-2012

I was quite lucky that i bought my Losi 5ive-T on the last day of the discount. 5% off that is a BIG saving
Old 26-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice speedy delivery on my last order, but do I really need 6 emails telling me about every step of the process?
I trust you guys not to screw it up, so don't actually need an email telling me its been placed in a bag and now you are off to find some stamps.....

One confirmed email is plenty!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)