Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 19-08-2014

Default Should I get the evo ?

Hi all, just to get some opinions on this.
I race every week at my local club on carpet with my tc02c and it goes really well. The track is medium grip carpet with quite a few tight sections and wooden jumps. My tc02c is brilliant on the track and I was wondering if I upgraded to an evo with its longer chassis is better for this type of track ?. To my understanding on a tighter track a shorter car maybe better. I had thought of trying to fit the tc02c evo gearbox, rear bulkhead and t-plate to my existing shorter chassis so I could try the gear diff. So what do you guys think ?. Is the longer chassis better for me or shall I just try to fit the mentioned parts ?.
Old 19-08-2014

What about the new V2 TM2?
If your racing on carpet I'd have thought that would be the way forward.
Love mine, fastest 2wd I've ever had.
Old 19-08-2014

I have a tm2 v1 and never really got it going how i wanted it too. My tc02c is for me, faster
Old 19-08-2014

I would think by the time you have brought the parts to use the evo gearbox (I bet it's more than just the gear box t plate and bulkhead) it's probably just as cheap and easy to get the conversion kit. You can then try the car with both chassis and see which you prefer.
I do think you will be able to use the new gearbox with the older chassis with a little modification.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 19-08-2014

I have been running lately a tc02c with geardif (gearbox made by Clive) and T4 rear arms (makers it +\- 6 mm longer) at Kampenhout (astro turf, high grip and a lot of turns!) and it jumps smoother and more level than a normal tc02c and it easier and more consistent to drive with as result quicker at 5 minutes. So my feeling is the evo will be better, so that is why is already pre ordered mine. (Mind you I also have a tm2 which is also a dream to drive...).
On the new evo I will also put the front camber link extensies plates and rear anti squat and toe in plate made by Clive which will even make the car even better