Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 20-06-2015

Default K1 aero or B-MAX4 III

Looking for 1/10 4wd buggy... at our track many drives 22-4 and xb4, but I wish to be different, so looking for other top brand buggy.
So now at top of my list are two K1 aero and B-MAX4 III... nobody drive those cars at my country, so asking for advice abouth those two - strong and weak sides?
Intend to drive modified class- at small, tight carpet track, as well at outdoor rough and low grip track which is build and used mainly for 1/8 scale buggies.

The main answers I wish to find to following questions:
1. Durability?
2. Performance on carpet and outdoors low grip?
Old 20-06-2015
Mad Member

B max4 iii all the way, only thing ive ever broke was the shock mount on the gearbox. I rave on carpet regular and the car is just superb, the K1 is probably the only car i havnt driven so i cant compare the two to give an umbiased opinion
Old 20-06-2015

zx6 all the way.lol can be made up in short wheel base and is nice on twisty tracks.maybe a little on the pricey side but spares are cheaper imo.gear and ball diff options, and many fine tuning options

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 21-06-2015
Mad Member

New York due within 6 months, also new Schumacher 4wd due in 6 months as well. I love the k1 really good car for me, makes me wonder y everyone don't have one

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 21-06-2015
Mad Member

Having just switched from a K1 aero to a Bmax, I am happy I swapped.

The only issue I have had with the yoke is the front bulkhead, which does have a tendency to break if the tower digs in, although this can be sorted with either a brace or tower protector.

I never got on with the K1... the Bmax just seems to work everywhere...
Old 21-06-2015
Mad Member

K1s go very well, but i cant help but feel its more delicate than the Yokomo? Not done a bulkhead yet, but then i always run a cut TC tyre over my tower, saw the force of a dig in take out a guys lower bulkhead last week, yikes, other than that the Bmax seems real quick, and built like a tank, has to be for my driving talent, or lack thereof!

Lee
Old 21-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
Having just switched from a K1 aero to a Bmax, I am happy I swapped.

The only issue I have had with the yoke is the front bulkhead, which does have a tendency to break if the tower digs in, although this can be sorted with either a brace or tower protector.

I never got on with the K1... the Bmax just seems to work everywhere...
Did you tryed both cars on carpet?
Reading posts at all forums I thought that K1 is better on carpet or high grip, but b-max is better on tracks with less grip, is it so? or not?
Old 21-06-2015
Mad Member

Not carpet, but we run indoors on high grip astro so setup would be pretty much the same.

For me its better to drive on the high grip too, only worry would be the predicted new car that Shin has been testing, but not heard anything official about when it will be out.
Old 21-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam F View Post
Not carpet, but we run indoors on high grip astro so setup would be pretty much the same.

For me its better to drive on the high grip too, only worry would be the predicted new car that Shin has been testing, but not heard anything official about when it will be out.
Ok, thanks for your reference!
So if you say that b-max is even better on high grip, then its sence to go with yokomo car.
Old 21-06-2015

Hi when I first got a 4wd kit I went with the Associated B44.2 and I hated it never got on with it then I changed to the K1 Aero when it first came out and wow what a good car easy to drive and set up I run it on high and low grip astro and carpet and it just worked I cannot fault the car and it is strong to not fragile as some say. I have just changed my car to a new kit and the yokomo was one of the kit I was thinking off as I run there 2wd and love it but I went with a Hot Bodies D413 in the end and I am happy with my choice its a wicked car and super strong so just a thought.

P.S IMO if you buy a high end kit I don't think you can go wrong.
Old 22-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaza555 View Post

P.S IMO if you buy a high end kit I don't think you can go wrong.
Yes, I know it that both are good cars, but to chose one of them, some extra referenceas can help
So thank you for every coment here!
Old 22-06-2015

I came back to the sport a couple years ago and was running my old cars while i was deciding what to buy. in the end i went for a b44.2 and it was good and fast and when i got it setup i was very quick but i got to the point where i thought the car was holding me back, i swapped to the k1 aero and its taken me a while to get it setup but it feels very solid and is very fast, if you dont crash much then you wont break much, ive not broken anything and thought it shouldnt have broken. (the 44.2 just seemed to fall apart however) so i would rate the k1 as strong enough.

is it better than the bmax? i think its down to the setup and driver really. a top end car is going to be very quick so i dont think you can go wrong with either. i went for the k1 as all my other cars are old schumachers rather than thinking the k1 was better. i was very impressed with building the kit though it really made the 44.2 look poor.

best bet would be to see if you could try one if there are any kind racers at your club or other clubs nearby
Old 23-06-2015

I have a bmax for sale if interested nealecarbis@btinternet.com
Old 24-06-2015

ive not yet driven the bmax4 iii.... I did have the previous version though.

The yokomo is a MUCH stronger car, and is on par with the xray for strength.

both are going to drive completely differently, so its pointless getting peoples opinions...you need to try both and see which you prefer.
Old 24-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by s22jgs View Post
ive not yet driven the bmax4 iii.... I did have the previous version though.

The yokomo is a MUCH stronger car, and is on par with the xray for strength.

both are going to drive completely differently, so its pointless getting peoples opinions...you need to try both and see which you prefer.
In my country there are noone of yokomo`s or schumacher`s 4wd cars, so I need to make a choice following other experience.

I have made my decision already, so thank you to you all!
Old 27-06-2015

Both are clearly good cars. I went for the B-MAX4 iii because I wanted to run something different to all the K1s that most people run here.

I'm really pleased with it, and especially like the fact that the kit gives you so many tuning options straight out the box, whereas the K1 needs optional plates to give you more camber link options for example.

Only broken a front wishbone since owning it, and that was due to some idiot driving the wrong way round the track after an accident.

So for me, I prefer the Yok.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST