Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2013

Default BRCA rules clarification help urgent!!

Hi,

Hoping that someone can clarify for me where we stand on license and points scoring for regional's...I (inadvertently) was not registered as a BRCA member for the first 2 rounds of our regional series. But now I am. Do the points still count from the first two rounds?

Thanks

Dan
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

The rules state.........

"18.1 Only BRCA members are allowed to score points in Sanctioned Championships."

We have one round left on Sunday so I would think that if you can produce your membership card on the day then you will be ok.
Old 19-07-2013

I don't think i will be able to as I only paid for it yesterday so I doubt it will arrive by tomorrow. So I will be a BRCA member, but wont be able to produce my license. Where does it say that I have to produce it firstly? And second, do my points still count from the rounds that I was not a member?
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

I think the key point is "Championship". If you produce your membership after the championship has finished then you would not have been a member during. This is like any motorsport you must have a licence to compete and I think if you entered a chmpionship in full size racing and couldn't produce a licence you would be disqualified from the entire championship. This is however toy cars and i beleive that if you can produce a card on the day no one will question it and your points will stand.
Old 19-07-2013

I wont be able to produce it on the day!! That is the point I am making!! I am registered (now) - but what I need is clarification as to where it says in the rules I need to produce it on the day.
Old 19-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you have bought and paid for your licence you are now a member and covered by insurance, best idea is to take copies of the emails from brca confirming you have paid and show the date, these normally also show your new BRCA number, this should be enough to confirm your a member, they can also check on the system as you should show as a member even if your card has yet to arrive.

If you paid via paypal, also take a copy of that email as evidence of payment.

I should think at regional level that should be enough, as in the end to promote our hobby we should be trying to find reasons for people to race, not to send them home

The only problem you could have with the points you scored at previous meetings before you joined could be depending on how well you have done! One person (or people) you have beaten could complain saying the points from the first meeting shouldn't count as you were not a brca member and they were at the time. And TBH I think they could have a point

how you managed to race at a 2 regional meetings with out a current licence is another matter

Maybe this would have been better discussed with your regional rep and kept under your hat rather than posting here for all to see,doh

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Closed Thread