Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 14-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to mcjjordan Send a message via Skype™ to mcjjordan
Default 2.4ghz radio core rc / etronix

ok so at national yesterday had major issues .

just fitted etronix sticks basic radio set to mardave
(will teach me not to test car out before hand)
-couldnt get full throttle on speedmaster silver star esc so had to use an oval eco where i could set out points of travel ,
found that the travel is far less than compared to my old 27mhz system which is odd as my daughters 2.4 ghz wheel system works fine on same esc .
so today have had all the cars apart going through trying to get to the bottom of whats going on,

turns out that has a much narrowed range on throttle so can only use esc with adjustable end points like viper oval or etronix probe etc
and then noticed steering slow in comparism to old 27 system but if i use seperate 6v supply to reciever seems upto speed .

now this is the etronix basic stix system with the grey reciever so has anyone else noticed steering slow or is it a one off and are the new blue reciever models any faster or are the more expensive models worth the money as im thinking of going back to 27mhz

ps -have got a v60 variant coming to replace the vintage speedmaster but that doesnt solve the sluggish steering response

also on a similar note brother was using the more expensive system from core also with th grey reciever and he was suffering with car cutting out.
Old 15-03-2011

Hi i found out last night the Etronix/Code radios with the grey recievers work on a 2.4 ghz DSSS system and have now been discontinuied and replaced with the ones with the blue recievers that work on 2.4ghz FHSS system.
I have the full digital Code radio with the DSSS system and the first and second radios i got did not work properly but it was third time lucky for me, so far the radio has been faultless.
Old 27-03-2011

Guys I it the same problem and it's doing my nut in, I plug everything in and the steering works but it won't pick up the esc ? This is my 2nd set on 2.4 but sod this I'm sending it back and going back to 27mhz
Old 27-03-2011
Mad Member

ive had my code system only for 3 weeks or so , and have proburly had 6hrs use out of it , and soo far its been spot on ...

i went from a spekky dx3r to this ( due to a skin type disorder ) and to be honest im quite please with it , my only gripe with it is that it doesnt feel like it has the quality of the spektrum , but at a quarter of the price who cares !!
Old 29-03-2011

I had an etronix system that failed at full throttle because it was cracked where the throttle stick went around the potentiometer, so was always giving an offset.
Old 31-03-2011

Question Etronix pulse digital

Paul,

I have just purchased a 3ch pro sticks with a grey receiver and tried t put it in my b4.1 replacing the xp3 ss wheel the rtr came with. Im having the same problem as mentioned on here, the servo is fine but i wont pick up the esc, the xp3 works off FHSS. are you saying only the new blue etronix receivers work off this frequency and the grey ones are not compatable????

I have had several chats with CML and they are none the wiser!!!

this would make sense.

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul508 View Post
Hi i found out last night the Etronix/Code radios with the grey recievers work on a 2.4 ghz DSSS system and have now been discontinuied and replaced with the ones with the blue recievers that work on 2.4ghz FHSS system.
I have the full digital Code radio with the DSSS system and the first and second radios i got did not work properly but it was third time lucky for me, so far the radio has been faultless.
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

I tested one of these with the grey receiver in my Durango with a savox servo and nosram pearl esc. It was faultless, very impressed for the money. From the above posts it sounds more to me like the esc is not being set up properly.
Old 31-03-2011

Hi, if the servo is working then the bind between the tranmitter and reciever was sucessfull, you my have the same problem that i had with my Tekin RS pro esc, firstly check the monitor function which is the last on the menu and make sure the throttle is centered properly if it not then reset the centre.
now check the EPA ( No1 in menu ) and set throttle to 100% then try to set up esc again.
it should now work, if this does't work send me a PM and i will give you my phone number.
ATB....Paul.
Old 31-03-2011

Yeah i have the same radio gear and cannot get it to sync with my new Orca Vritra ESC. The first one I bought was faulty as when the ESC was turned on it went straight into full throttle and full left lock on the servo. The bind is fine but with the Orca you have to hold full reverse then turn the ESC on to enter set up mode. However, this does not work at all with the code/etronix radio gear as I have tried it with my friend's identical gear and had the same result? It works first time with my old 27mhz gear....
Old 31-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post
Paul,

I have just purchased a 3ch pro sticks with a grey receiver and tried t put it in my b4.1 replacing the xp3 ss wheel the rtr came with. Im having the same problem as mentioned on here, the servo is fine but i wont pick up the esc, the xp3 works off FHSS. are you saying only the new blue etronix receivers work off this frequency and the grey ones are not compatable????

I have had several chats with CML and they are none the wiser!!!

this would make sense.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Since we spoke we believe we've got to the bottom of this one.
It is rather a specific issue that most others won't encounter though.
ON the DSSS system there is a slight delay whilst the receiver and transmitter connect. For 99.99% of people this doesn't matter in the slightest (you should see how long the KO system takes to initialise!).

The problem is that the XP450 speedo in the Associated RTR needs the throttle to be at full throttle when switched on to get into calibration mode. It seems that the DSSS version does not connect quick enough before the speedo times out on waiting for the initial signal. We have tried a 27mhz system and the FHSS and they connect much faster and calibration of the AE speedo is completed no problem.

I've not come across another speedo that uses this method of calibration so it is rather unique, all the others I've used calibrate from neutral first rather than full throttle.
Hope that makes sense.

And just for the record, whilst the FHSS system has now replaced the DSSS system, the DSSS receivers (grey) will still be avaible for those that use it.

Edit: Sorry, no experience of the ORCA speedo.
Old 31-03-2011

HI, thats good news that the CR139 ( grey recievers ) are going to continue to be available, was not happy when i was told that they had been discontinuied as i had only had my Code radio for less than 6 months and am very happy with it.
Old 31-03-2011

Default Etronix pulse digital

Thanks for the update, that does make sense, thought it was just my bad luck.

I have already sent the system back to yourselves at CML this morning as agreed with Paul Watson. Can you confirm via a quick call sometime tomorrow to let me know where we are at now?

Many thanks for your great support and advice thus far.

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Hi Darren,
Since we spoke we believe we've got to the bottom of this one.
It is rather a specific issue that most others won't encounter though.
ON the DSSS system there is a slight delay whilst the receiver and transmitter connect. For 99.99% of people this doesn't matter in the slightest (you should see how long the KO system takes to initialise!).

The problem is that the XP450 speedo in the Associated RTR needs the throttle to be at full throttle when switched on to get into calibration mode. It seems that the DSSS version does not connect quick enough before the speedo times out on waiting for the initial signal. We have tried a 27mhz system and the FHSS and they connect much faster and calibration of the AE speedo is completed no problem.

I've not come across another speedo that uses this method of calibration so it is rather unique, all the others I've used calibrate from neutral first rather than full throttle.
Hope that makes sense.

And just for the record, whilst the FHSS system has now replaced the DSSS system, the DSSS receivers (grey) will still be avaible for those that use it.

Edit: Sorry, no experience of the ORCA speedo.
Old 01-04-2011

I got my core rc radio gear to sync to my Orca ESC this morning by powering up the receiver first using a 4 AA battery cradle, once the tx and rx had sync'd I then held full reverse on the tranny then sticking in the ESC cable. Worked first time!

Worth a go.
Old 06-04-2011

Default CML ace aftersales

The helpful chaps at CML have kindly replaced the system with the new FHSS one and even tested first with my esc, which is clearly not the standard esc, most others will have.
Problem solved.
Many companies could learn a great deal from the excellent aftersales support at CML.

Many thanks again. Special mention goes out to Paul.

Darren
Old 14-04-2011
Mad Member

please help ....

i think ive got a problem with my core rc transmitter now , its been faultless untill i fitted it into another touring car ( from a photon to a xray 009 ) with the same motor /speed passion esc , etc ..

it seems like ive got no control over my punch / accelaration , its all or nothing even when its changed from level 1 to 9 , and geuss what it doing the same on my other car thats running the same motor and speedo set up ... ... ive tried rebinding the transmitter and receiver , re set it all back to default settings , and re set all my end points ...

im lost and dont know what to do , i had my spektrum dx3r for a couple of years and that was faultless ..
Old 15-04-2011

Have you re-programmed the ESC since hooking the radio gear up in the other car?

Whenever you put different radio gear in a car with different elecs, you need to setup the ESC again for the radio....

Old 16-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Have you re-programmed the ESC since hooking the radio gear up in the other car?

Whenever you put different radio gear in a car with different elecs, you need to setup the ESC again for the radio....
yeah re-done all that again last night ,im going to try with a std 27meg controller in a bit ..
Old 02-05-2011

Hi guys I have a etronix pulse ex3gpro which runs off the dsss system and for my first two races it worked fine and I like It, but then on impacted so crashing which is good ha ha, the cars would stop and it would need to be turned off and on again before the car would go again, I changed everything over except the receiver and transmitor and did it again, so I changed them and everything else back and worked fine, I cant see why or what would be doing this in the reciever or transmittor any advise? Cheers