Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-02-2010

Default Schumacher USA to close?

I just read on the Big Squid RC website that Schumacher USA is going to close. If this is true I wish everyone at Schumacher USA. I hope Schumacher is just streamlining and continues to grow, as they seem to have the best all round electric model line up at the moment. Schumacher to take over the world!
Old 25-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
I just read on the Big Squid RC website that Schumacher USA is going to close. If this is true I wish everyone at Schumacher USA. I hope Schumacher is just streamlining and continues to grow, as they seem to have the best all round electric model line up at the moment. Schumacher to take over the world!
This is kind of a scary situation because i live in Canada and shipping parts from the uk or getting the new 2wd cougar would cost a lot of $$$$.i had great service from schumacher usa and my hats off to Adam bailey who called me suggesting me shipping methods to get my parts.It's to bad cause i was able to get my stuff in a few days now it will probably take weeks.
Old 25-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I have also heard this rumour, lets just hope that they have a 'distributor' in North America, to take over the running.
Old 25-02-2010

I hope there aren't problems at Schumacher UK
Old 25-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This should clearup peoples fears

http://www.racing-cars.com/products....&pagewidth=550

Mikey i'm sure schumacher UK are fine, with relatively small companies they are looking for cost savings in the financial climate that we are all in at the moment having more dealers in north america may mean that it will be easier to get your spare parts
Old 25-02-2010

malek,
I am a US team driver in california. If you need any help getting your parts let me know. I could ask if a order of yours could be shipped with mine and then ship to you if it would save time and shipping costs for you. Im not sure if it would but ill look into it.
Old 25-02-2010

Default no worries

For those of you who are worried about costs of Schumacher products coming in from the UK to Canada, I have some good news for you. Costs will be the same, if not better for the products, and shipping/delivery time will be the same as if it is coming from the US.

There is no way Schumacher is turning their backs onto the North American market. These choices and changes Schumacher has made are for the better serving of the RC community. Thanks to Shawn Palmer and Adam Bailey, and the rest of the staff in Florida, for everything.

SCHUMACHER/ SPEED PASSION/ CORE RC/ GALAXY HOBBY
Old 26-02-2010

Hey T.O. Rob, how far away from montreal do you like, I'd appreciate a little help tuninig my cat
Old 26-02-2010

Cool, well I wish the USA guys the best of luck.

I for one am continuing my support for Schumacher in 2010 with my Cat SX and soon to be Cougar SV.

I will be keeping my Associated B4
Old 26-02-2010

Here is some information we posted on our old USA webpage. It should explain further any questions that have been raised.

Schumacher have decided to improve its competitive offering in the USA by dealing with all enquiries and shipping direct from the factory in the UK. Our Schumacher USA offices are now closed and operations from the UK are now in full swing.
Schumacher’s dealers in North America have committed to supporting the change and will be buying products directly from the UK head office. This means that the full product range of cars, parts and accessories will continue to be available through many good hobby stores.
The advantages for customers are more competitive pricing than ever before alongside excellent spares availability direct from the manufacturer.
Direct contact with the design team will also be a great benefit for team drivers to help the flow of technical information in both directions. This will ensure that the products show their full potential to help create demand in the competition car markets.
Customers without a dealer in their area may order direct through our UK website. 2 Shipping methods will be available, UPS Express and Airsure, which is a trackable post service. The UPS service will take 2 days and the much cheaper Airsure 3-5 days. Most orders are shipped within 24 hours so a fast service is assured. The web site shows stock availability and dealer pricing once registered.

For North American dealer or Team Driver enquiries, or if you have any questions please contact usa@racing-cars.com or telephone 011 44 1604 790580.
The Benefits;
-Better Pricing
-Improved Stock level availability
-Direct factory communication
-Fast shipping at reasonable cost

We would like to thank the Schumacher USA staff of Shawn Palmer, Adam Bailey, and Diane Kozolowski for all the hard work they have put in over the last few years and wish them well for the future.
Old 26-02-2010

Hi Moth, I live in downtown Toronto. I recommend going to the Schumacher site and downloading and printing all the team setup sheets and mess around to see which one suits you best. I myself am running Simon Moss's Petite Race setup for indoor carpet. I also run Adam Bailey's outdoor dirt setup. They are both working out great for me, but that's after trying many setups, and then you will see the best one for you.

T.O. ROB

SCHUMACHER/ SPEED PASSION/ CORE RC/ GALAXY HOBBY
Old 26-02-2010

Downtown TO is a little out of the way

I liked the moss setup but I can't figure why he uses bigger weight oil in the back than the front, every other setup I've seen is the opposite.
Old 27-02-2010

Moth what kind of dirt or surface do you race on?
airtronics www.airtronics.net
checkered flag raceway www.cfrkc.com
Lipo sack www.liposack.com
Old 27-02-2010

Medium to hard condition and its a pretty short track too. I'm running a lrp 6.5 and a 17 tooth pinion and I still find I have to much power for the track.

Here's a youtube vid of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moRuBYauvq0
Old 27-02-2010

I like the layout....your right about the 6.5....might try 8.5 or 10.5 too
The tracks I race on are hard packed and medium to high grip...using proline suburbs front and rear
But track layouts are a lot alike...double right out of a turn...land a triple into a 180 deg turn
Tabletop jump into the middle of a double jump

If you want to try my setup ill email it too you

Clint
airtronics www.airtronics.net
checkered flag raceway www.cfrkc.com
Lipo sack www.liposack.com
Old 27-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintscreations View Post
I like the layout....your right about the 6.5....might try 8.5 or 10.5 too
The tracks I race on are hard packed and medium to high grip...using proline suburbs front and rear
But track layouts are a lot alike...double right out of a turn...land a triple into a 180 deg turn
Tabletop jump into the middle of a double jump

If you want to try my setup ill email it too you

Clint
PM'd you

Thanks