Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 23-06-2012

Default Mad Rat Wheels

Hi,

I'm new to off road racing, having raced touring cars and Mardaves in the past so I've just bought a 2nd hand Mad Rat to get started and am looking to convert it to take B4 wheels all round to give me a bit more choice with regards to wheel and tyres.

I understand that you can use the back wheels easily by taking the hexes off and using the pin to fit straight to the wheels which sounds straightforward enough.

I'm a bit more confused by the fronts though! I've been told that I'll need the B4 steering blocks to fit into the existing Mad Rat C hubs to use the B4 front wheels. Presumably I will then need the B4 stub axle, wheel bearings and imperial sized wheel nuts as well? Also, I've been looking at B4 steering blocks and found two different versions; the trailing steering block and the inline steering block. Will I specifically need one or other of the above? If not, what are the differences between the two, and would you recommend one over the other?

Any advice or recommendations would be really appreciated. If anybody has any pictures that make it slightly easier to see what is going on that would excellent.

Thanks,

George
Old 23-06-2012

Your need a taperd washer to go behind the pin on rear and use the hexes off the x4 on the front and use std wheels theres loads on here about it
Old 24-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Unfortunatly with regards to the rear wheels , you cant just take the hex off and run using the pin. I`ve tried that and the wheels dont sit true as the drive shaft diameter is smaller. So hence the wheel will wobble around and run if its buckled which you dont want.
I dont see whats wrong with the standard wheels as theyre 12mm hex so most will fit straight on. Durango wheels wont fit as theyre 14mm hexes so too big.
Old 24-06-2012

You can buy an Ansmann part to convert it to AE rear wheel fitment (part number 125000319).