Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 22-02-2014

Well it has to do with price as some drivers will have to buy new gear then to comply. And as several people said before tiverton is not a power circuit. I do not run my motor at full power as it too powerfull but have it restricted through my transmitter.

Anyway any changes for this year should have been brought up at last years AGM. As this hasnt weshould really be looking at 2015.
TvE
Old 22-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedje van Es View Post
Well it has to do with price as some drivers will have to buy new gear then to comply. And as several people said before tiverton is not a power circuit. I do not run my motor at full power as it too powerfull but have it restricted through my transmitter.

Anyway any changes for this year should have been brought up at last years AGM. As this hasnt weshould really be looking at 2015.
TvE
Yes it will be a cost to buy the new motor or speedo but a one off cost and then your sorted. As terry said it need not be that expensive if you hunt around for second hand. No confusion and everyone is happy.

Ultimately Dan is right, after all we are also members of the BRCA so surely we agree with the rules...Right? And by abiding by those rules you get the maximum benefit of being a member.
Old 23-02-2014

You mean the one off cost i had last year whn i upgraded my brushed motor to a brushless model?
We might all be brca members, but how many would be a member if it wasnt for the insurance? I would not be.
Anyway i am a club member and abide by their rules. And as nothing has changed at the AGM. Tve
Old 23-02-2014

Yep' it's a little late now but something to chat about next season and have a vote at the next AGM. However, as already been said, we need to have some idea as to inform new members so that they don't find themselves in the same boat next year.
Old 01-03-2014

is there any more news on this yet?
Old 01-03-2014

Doesnt look like it, so well be at the startline in april looking forward to it.
Tve
Old 03-03-2014

Having looked at all the comments and opinions expressed here the committee have discussed various possibilities.

The final decision for this year is to run two classes in senior touring cars during 2014 these will consist of the following:

Unlimited TC - No limit on motors

13.5 Boosted - 13.5 turn motors with boosted software allowed

For these heats to be run separately the standard requirement for a minimum of six cars per heat still applies and the touring car heats will still marshall themselves as per last year.
We shall monitor this over the season to see the impact it has on the touring car numbers.

Hopefully this clarifies the situation for everyone and allows all racers to prepare for the coming season.

Gary Simmons
Club Secretary
TRCCC
Old 05-03-2014

Gary

Why was this not discussed during the AGM. Tis would have been the correct time and place. Also you do not say if things like scrutineering are going to be done. Are the only motors allowed the ones that are on the BRCA approved motor list? What is going to be if under six drivers?
I'm not against the 13.5t class which i do think is going to be popular but im not happy with the way it has been decided. Tve
Old 05-03-2014

TvE

The addition of the 13.5 turn class was not suggested at the AGM.
The further debate prompted by several members showed that this was a subject that needed to be addressed prior to the start of the season as racers were asking for a decision, I believe even you were concerned that a decision would not be made before the start of the season - "we'll be at the startline in April looking forward to it."

I am sorry you are not happy with the way it was decided but when these decisions come before the committee they are debated and if there is no clear consensus they are put to a vote and this decision was no different.

To answer your questions as best I can at this point;

"You do not say if things like scrutineering are going to be done." - In the first instant I will take responsibility for any scrutineering that is required. I intend to carry this out by selecting cars at random - (should I decide to run in the 13.5 class I will allow anyone who wishes to access to my car for scutineering).

"Are the only motors allowed the ones that are on the BRCA approved motor list?" - No fixed decision was made on whether the BRCA motor rules will be enforced so at this point I would say that motors and speed controllers will not need to be on the BRCA list.

"What is going to be if under six drivers?" - The heats will be combined.

There will still be some issues to resolve as this is a new class and I am sure that further things will need to be considered as we go forward.

The idea is that current racers will be able to continue without any changes to their cars and that those running at other clubs can join our racing on an even footing.

We will monitor the success of this decision throughout the year and I am sure it will be discussed at the AGM.

Gary
Old 06-03-2014

I think 13.5 is great as in line with most other clubs and I cant wait to have a go with my TC !
Old 08-03-2014

So we still dont have an intermediate class, its kids learning right from left or flat out 22,23 laps to be in with a chance

As 13.5 boosted is going to give almost the same laps as the open class it seems pointless unless a group of new members turn up from somewhere and want to race 13.5 boosted regularly!

So can I enter my 13.5 boosted car in both classes for the chance of 2 trophys

Terry
Old 09-03-2014

Terry. My point exactly there is not going to be any difference. Just added cost to comply with the class.
Tve.
Old 10-03-2014

Yes. 13.5 boosted can easily compete in the open. That's why I suggested a class that is based on 13.5 boosted and includes lower turn non boosted in that class. An intermediate solution that puts the message out that if you have a 13.5 boosted like everyone else, come and race with us in the open. If the 13.5 boosted gain in numbers then switch fully to it next year.

Everyone can then see how it goes throughout this year and make the decision at the next AGM. Simples.

However, as Terry said the original question was about an intermediate class to fit in between the Juniors and Adults. 17.5 blinky for example.

This would be ideal I think for the young boys that are competing with the adults at the moment as well as any other new members that are starting out and want to get a feel for it. We would see some great racing I think.