Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 21-03-2010

Send a message via ICQ to F-1
Default Cat SX2 lipos

Hello! Can you help me please? I have found such line in description of SX2: Due to the low center of gravity nature of the transmission, the maximum LiPo height is 24mm, which excludes some of the 2010 spec 5400-5900mah 50C packs.
That is available in view of what it is possible to use the batteries with 24mm height? Earlier after all 24mm batteries too entered? Which differrences between Cat SX and SX2? New lowered bulkheads? New high mount top deck?
Thanks, sorry for my poor English, I'am only learn it.
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-1 View Post
Hello! Can you help me please? I have found such line in description of SX2: Due to the low center of gravity nature of the transmission, the maximum LiPo height is 24mm, which excludes some of the 2010 spec 5400-5900mah 50C packs.
That is available in view of what it is possible to use the batteries with 24mm height? Earlier after all 24mm batteries too entered? Which differrences between Cat SX and SX2? New lowered bulkheads? New high mount top deck?
Thanks, sorry for my poor English, I'am only learn it.
Hello to you!
The Cat Sx 2 is a revised version of the Sx1, it has stronger parts on it with 4mm screws in the hinge pin hangers.
I use Speed Power Lipo's 40c, they fit a treat, I have the Lipo friendly chassis so no retainer is needed as the Lipo humps on the bottom fit into cut outs in the chassis.
And your english is good
Old 22-03-2010

Send a message via ICQ to F-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Hello to you!
The Cat Sx 2 is a revised version of the Sx1, it has stronger parts on it with 4mm screws in the hinge pin hangers.
I use Speed Power Lipo's 40c, they fit a treat, I have the Lipo friendly chassis so no retainer is needed as the Lipo humps on the bottom fit into cut outs in the chassis.
And your english is good
Thanks for quick reply David!
Why they then have written that these batteries now approach? As though before them it was impossible to find room. Perhaps, they had in view of what the complete set already includes a new lipo friendly lower deck?
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-1 View Post
Thanks for quick reply David!
Why they then have written that these batteries now approach? As though before them it was impossible to find room. Perhaps, they had in view of what the complete set already includes a new lipo friendly lower deck?

Not sure what you mean by "approach"?
Old 22-03-2010

EFRA allowed bigger Lipo packs that are taller than the maximum 24 mm the Cat SX would take.The car was of course designed with the maximum size of two years back 23.5mm. so check if you want to use packs with the new sizes I think 25.4mm max.

Cruise
Old 23-03-2010

Send a message via AIM to PsycoChris Send a message via MSN to PsycoChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
EFRA allowed bigger Lipo packs that are taller than the maximum 24 mm the Cat SX would take.The car was of course designed with the maximum size of two years back 23.5mm. so check if you want to use packs with the new sizes I think 25.4mm max.

Cruise
Thanks for the Info Cruise.

I use a Team Orion Molecular 5000 45C battery. I Had to put a washer under nieth the battery post and it just barely fits under the belt.

Team Schumacher USA // Speed Passions // Core Rc
Long Island Raceway and Hobby // DarkSide Designs
Old 31-03-2010
Mad Member

how tall is your orion?