Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 18-09-2009

Default Tamiya TA05 (non ifs) Carpet setup

Does anyone have any tips on a good set up?

My car
TA05
Option sway bars (just using front blue atm)
TRF dampers 800 weight oil, two holes front 3 rear (i think)
Blue springs front, purple rear.
9t EzRun brushless
7.4v 3200 20c Yeah racing lipo
Geko foam tyres 30 rear 32 front.
Rear dampers as flat as possible fronts vertical.
full camber rear, 2mm or so at the front

Turn in seams quick but washes out if i'm too quick in the turn. If i put power on two early or turn too hard when coasting into a corner the back just lets go.

I just cant seam to get a good balance, and need more rear grip. I was thinking of resetting it back to default and putting softer oil in and adding the rear sway bar as its off atm.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

VV
Old 18-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

it is the tyres, we ran Gecko foams last winter, and was a mare. Right, for the TA05.

Keep the shock angles the same
3hole pistons
45wt front
40wt rear
3' inboard toe on the rear
0' front
-1' camber front
-1.5' rear

Are you allowed to run additive?
Old 18-09-2009

Send a message via MSN to chris_trcc

i ran tamiya tc for 12 year indoors. i never bover changing the std. springs so just yellow all round. 60wt shock oil front/ 40wt rear. keep dampers in same possion. i personally use a one-way, and run jaco foam tyres double purple front, greens on the back. also if your car been really difficult to handle on the corners i would loosen off the diffs abit. i run a loose diff as possible. handles a dream and im running novak 4.5 brushless in my evo4 ms, but i always used the same set up with all my tamiyas i owned
Old 20-09-2009

Cool,

Thanks for the tips, i have some 30 & 40 weight oil or the tamiya soft so i might give that a go, i think the 800 weight i'm using is too think so when i change direction the rebound is too slow probably making the car less balanced.

Plan to try my new setup on Thursday so see how i go.

Later

VV
Old 27-09-2009

I softened the oil up and put in the tamiya Yellow soft oil, i think thats around 40w. I have blue springs and sway bar on the front and red on the rear. I put the dampers and tie rods, droop screws all back to default and the car handles about the same :-(. So over the 4 quali runs of the night i slowly made alterations to get more rear grip and its set up pretty much the same as before.

My tyers are a little coned which probably doesn't help and it does feel a bit better. It breaks away if i start to pick up the throttle on the long sweeping corners but i think thats down to the coning. in the tighter slower turns it flicks round well but still keeps its grip, unless i power on too early but i gets thats inevitable.

Its better on breaking stability and turn in. I loosened the rear diff but i didn't like the way the front pulled it out of corners on heavy throttle, it seamed to drag the rear straight but with a wobble and was hard to get stable before needing to brake for the next corner so i tightened it back up the 1/4 turn i loosened it.

I think a new set of tyers and a reset on the camber will bring the balance back.