Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 02-11-2013

Default Big Bore spring conversion

hello, i'm currently running a B44.1 and race indoor on carpet once a week and was just wondering is there any benefit to doing the big bore spring conversion or is it purely for cosmetic reasons.. thanks
Old 02-11-2013
Mad Member

dont bother with a spring conversion go the whole hog shocks and springs it is a massive improvment.

stu
Old 03-11-2013

Not sure I agree. For bumpy astro then BB is a great way to go but for indoor carpet a BB spring conversion works really well as the extra damping is not really needed. Its what I run on my X6 cubed indoors as does my son on his B44.1. However I do run BB (Losi) on my astro B44.1
Old 03-11-2013

Thanks for reply's guys but cutting42 could you tell me is their any noticeable difference with using the BB springs, iv'e just watched a video were the bloke says as the standard springs compress they bend like a banana causing chafing on the shock body were as the BB ones don't, if this is the only benefit i think i'll leave it ?
Old 04-11-2013

Great question, trouble is I am not sure if I am good enough to really quantify the difference . I saw the same video you did as well and also at the time of the B44.1 release everyone seemed to be raving about BB spring conversions. In addition when the K1 came out Schumacher changed from full BB setup to a small bore/BB spring combo so I changed to SB/BB spring then and it felt good indoor and outdoor. When I changed to Losi full BB setup I could not tell the difference indoors but saw a change on bumpy astro with much better jump landing and rapid bump handling.

That said I mainly use them as I have 4 cars (mine and sons) with either full BB or SB/BB springs and they all use the same Losi BB springs so it is convenience mainly.
Old 04-11-2013

one of the main reasons why people swapped from std springs to bb springs is their is a larger range of springs so you can tune the car better
running in doors their isn't any advantage as it is a smooth surface
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk