Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 11-05-2009

Default 12th May

It's on right ?
Old 12-05-2009
Mad Member

Yeah its on!!!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 12-05-2009

It certainly is on, I'll hopefully have the first part of the regional large feature ready to test Make sure it's not too hard for certain people.

Peter
Old 13-05-2009

Well I have to say it ! I know a lot of effort went into the quad jumps and the effort is appriated. But perhaps there can be some compromise for the regional ? For me and some others last night it was not an enjoyable experience. There was lots for broken cars and fustrated drivers. I broke my pred after 3mins practice as myself and preds struggle to do big jumps. I just cannot afford to pay for all the broken bits and don't have the time at home to fix my car. The jump maybe ok for some of the more skilled drivers but what about the rest ? Even the top drivers were breaking there cars. I could not keep up with pete as I could not get the jump right. I know these are off road cars but it was to much. Perhaps if the jumps were split into two seperate jumps down the straight ? I just could not land right one the first so had no chance at the second.
Last night was more like Bashing that racing !

Pete I hope these comments don't p*ss you off it's not ment to just constructive comments. I can see you put the most effort in to the club and it's appriated.
Old 13-05-2009

For the regional I'm having nothing to do with it, as no matter what you do or say it's always wrong. If you don't want the jumps that's up to the people building the track or make sure your there to build the track.

Personally I like jumps that take skill and judgement not something you can just hit if you don't land the downramp it's not a problem, wether other people agree with that I don't know. As for breaking cars I think there was only yourself and Chris Green who broke something.

Peter
Old 13-05-2009

Peter
I hope I did not upset you. I don't want to upset anyone especially the person who makes the most effort.
Old 13-05-2009
Mad Member

Upset Peter.....??? Never.....

Long as you dont dis his jumps then your alright....

Thats What racing off road is all about. Big features and even bigger jumps... Any touring car driver can fly round a flat track.....
Old 13-05-2009

Neil you didn't see the jumps ! It was extreme ! I am all for jumps but this was a bit to much
Old 13-05-2009

Default jumps

I broke my pred after 3mins practice as myself and preds struggle to do big jumps.

My preds fine over big jumps never broke it on a jump yet just other thinkg like corners
Old 13-05-2009

Hopefully when jeff has a bit spare time there will be a video of the jump, then you can make your own decisions,

I think the problems people were having with the jump is due to where it was, not how it was, people were coming off that sweeping corner carrying too much speed or not straight resulting in cars going everywhere.

We've actually had a bigger version of the same jump in front of the rostrum. The one where you went up the scooped jump across 2 stage units, long down ramp and steep up ramp onto the final stage unit, same transition between the jumps etc, just on a bigger scale.

As for upseting me I'm not bothered, I'd prefer people to comment on the jumps, but rather face to face than on an internet forum.

Peter
Old 13-05-2009

What difference does it make were I say it ? On here is sometimes better as you can pick your words not to offend. Someone voiced his opinion on the night and that didnt go well. So I did it on here instead so I could make sure I did not offend you

James
My pred broke when it slapped on the deck moving the motor and stripping the spur gear ! (could do with that spur now as I only have one left on the one way shaft)
Old 13-05-2009

The comment that was made on the night could have been phrased better, that's why the reply was made.

As for the jump I'm sure jeff won't mind me putting this here so a quick video of it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ZfP...eature=channel

Peter
Old 13-05-2009

Your right it wasnt phrase's well or suttle !

WoW you managed to catch the one time I landed it although the landing was on the wrong side of the track into on coming cars LOL That really was the one time I got it ! I admit I always bottle it but even everyone was getting it wrong in the final it was manic but funny to watch
Old 13-05-2009

Default I wish i had had a go!

OK, I wasn't there, so really I have no right to comment, ......................... but I will anyway .

I think that jump looks mint, really flowing and a hell of a buzz if/when you nail it and hit the down ramps of the second and fourth sections. MINT

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 13-05-2009

It does look mint when its done right but it was to hard ! myself and a few others just got frustrated with it

More Bashing than racing

If the two were separated and a straight run up

Anyway it was what it was !
Old 13-05-2009

i thought the jump was ok the only problem was that there was another straight running the opposite way alongside it so if people jumped off the side the hit on comming cars flat out my car got smacked full chatt
Old 13-05-2009

Tim if there seperated it loses the whole essence of being a rythym section, it then becomes 2 double jumps, as for the runup I accept it should of had a shorter run up, out of a hairpin or something then you wouldn't be carrying as much speed and may of had a chance at getting the car straight before the jump, most of the problems I saw were from people carrying too much speed or hitting it at an angle.

Peter
Old 13-05-2009

I also think that it was hard to see because of the angle and distance maybe if it was in front of the you were the jump usually is then it would also be a little easier. I could get the speed up to the first jump but not the angle
Old 13-05-2009

Here's some of the video's I took last night.. Click watch in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kILWob9AcHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ZfPTeqDv0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwLTFqJJRo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkT4tCQrxgI

I understand some people might get frustrated when they cant get it right but you can only learn how to get it right by pracise and in My eyes a club night is the ideal time to do it. Otherwise when you go to "Big Meetings" and cant do certain sections of the track it becomes much more frustrating.
If the lead up to the start of the jump had been tighter it would've been much easier. We know that now so It'll be better next time..
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 13-05-2009

Default jump

Just watched the jump and it looks fine to me. Peter is right in saying if the run up had been from a hair pin so you could get the car lined up straight it would make the jump a whole lot easier. After that its all about throttle controll.Full the only way i know.