Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > TamTech-Gear

Old 07-01-2008

Default GB03 Hotshot

Went down to the shop to see one today. Took some pics. Anybody getting one of these? It looks like it has more moving parts than is healthy, but could be a lot of fun.

Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

nice one, looks mental! yeah I guess the complexity is part of the appeal. I'd like one but I'd need to sell some toys first
Old 07-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Even I like the look of that. I'm soooo impressed with how well Jimmys Rough Rider goes I may just keep half an eye on the hotshot, if anyone hops that up it could be a very good car.
Old 07-01-2008
Super Moderator

How about a 'Hotshot' series at York?

G
Old 07-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
How about a 'Hotshot' series at York?

G
Would you allow brushless systems, 2 of my friends and myself have TTG Hotshots but they are all brushless powered with Mamba`s .
2 of us have raced at York before.
We would be up for it.
Old 08-01-2008
Administrator

I made the mistake of looking at it again I want it
Old 08-01-2008

Well Jimmy, here's what it looks like with aeration shocks and blue (GT-01) turnbuckles. Pics belong to BloodClod

Old 08-01-2008

and just to tempt you a tad more here`s my one,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTG Hotshot 002.jpg (60.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg TTG Hotshot 005.jpg (52.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 02-12-2008

Nice!

I was just at Joshin in Nihonbashi looking at one a few days ago... So tempting!

Anyone here that already has a HotShot also have any of the GB-01, or GB-02 to compare?
I've had a GB-02, but am now curious about the 03...

How does it drive compared to the 2wd chassis cars? How is it out of the box? Seems it may be pretty lacking in power and sluggish with 4wd, that's why I want to hear some first hand opinions before dropping the coin.
Old 06-12-2008

Ihave a TTG Frog as well.All the TTG stuff comes with a puny 370 motor making them a tad slow in standard trim,one of the Castle creations mini mamba motor(or similar) set ups make them fly,lipo`s also help keep the weight down.
4WD is much more sure footed,same as 1/10.
Old 08-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
Ihave a TTG Frog as well.All the TTG stuff comes with a puny 370 motor making them a tad slow in standard trim,one of the Castle creations mini mamba motor(or similar) set ups make them fly,lipo`s also help keep the weight down.
4WD is much more sure footed,same as 1/10.

hey, thanks.

A friend actually just bought one! ...along with a few minor hop-up parts. (Went to a place called "RC Champ" in yaominami, south of Osaka city, and that place is INCREDIBLE! Very cool shop, and has an indoor track upstairs. Lots of nice people and plenty of skilled drivers!)

Well, we're just charging it up right now. He wants to drive it just a bit in stock form, just to get the feel. Then, continue on with the mods afterward in order to see comparison of improvement.

Also, just noticed... he didn't want to drop the heavy coin on the "aeration" dampers yet, so he got the plastic cva kit. But, to our dismay, after arriving home he realized that he needs TWO of these kits even though he only has 3 shocks. All three are the longer dimension.

Anyway, he also picked up a 1400mah battery and charger, the red endbell motor, an aluminum driveshaft, and carbon gb03 damper stay, gold fox wheels and BC soft tires, etc, etc.
We'll see how it goes! Unfortunately I don't have my GB02 with me at the moment to compare head to head.
Old 08-12-2008

Sorry to hear about your friend's shocks.

I would have prefered a 4wd as well, but I didn't like the mono front shock, so I'm still waiting for Tamiya to come up with a Tamtech Gear Supershot.

Old 08-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend's shocks.

I would have prefered a 4wd as well, but I didn't like the mono front shock, so I'm still waiting for Tamiya to come up with a Tamtech Gear Supershot.

yeah, no worries now... just a bit of a "pita". Lack of information available on the hop-up compatibility. But, I guess that's why this forum exists, I just wish it were frequented more often.

We ended up going to another electronics shop closer by, and he bought just the "damper shaft" kit from tamtech, instead of an entire new CVA kit for 1 shock. The shaft kit includes 2 of the short 31mm (which is included in the front CVA kit), 2 of the medium 34mm (the long on the CVA kit), and 2 of the 37mm, which are apparantly meant for the aeration shocks... and plenty of new e-clips.

Also found out that there are some minor complications when installing the CVA shocks onto the Tamtech carbon damper stay. Different joint screws are needed in order to install.

And... on another note, about the GB-03 chassis. Anyone else notice the little tabs on the bottom of the belly-pan chassis that extend below the rear A-arms? I don't recall this being on the GB01 and GB02... ??
They prevent the A-arms from drooping down very far... Is this needed? Seems you could get some more "negative" sag travel from the suspension if you cut them off, allowing the wheels to travel down farther when in the air and have more effective travel upon landing (same concept as CORR series baja trucks, etc...), you know what I'm saying?
Anyone else have thoughts on this??? Check yours out if you have a Hotshot, you'll see what I mean.