Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 08-08-2012

Default DEX410rv3 vs 410v3

Just looking around and am wondering what thoughts people have on the rv3 compared to the v3?

Is it worth paying the extra £60?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2012
Administrator

Basically, yes.

The main thing for me at lease is the alloy suspension mounts. I'm not so bothered about carbon towers and big bores - but the full fat car is I think the more popular choice.

When the 2010 spec was the 'top' 410 car - then I'd probably have chosen the 'R' myself and done a few small upgrades but they are very close in price these days.
Old 08-08-2012
Mad Member

I agree with Jimmy, there very little in cost but you get alot more for your money with the full fat version
Old 10-08-2012

Sorry to be thick but how much difference is there between the two?

I was going to purchase the R version but this has made me think again.
Old 10-08-2012
Administrator

The main benefit that I described - the alloy suspension mounts - are far stronger and you'll probably want to upgrade a couple of these to the metal ones after not too long anyway.

The other things aren't as important but there's no doubt both cars a great prices - but which to choose, hmmm.
Old 10-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddscott View Post
Sorry to be thick but how much difference is there between the two?

I was going to purchase the R version but this has made me think again.
If I were in your shoes I would spend the little bit extra to get the full fat V3. its far better value for money.
To Upgrade an R to a V3 will cost a small fortune.

I know many people aren't bothered about the big bores but they alone are £100 for the pair.
The alloy suspension hangers are £10-20, the alloy wheel hexes are £16 for the set of 4, carbon shock towers are £15-£25 each depending on where you get them from and who makes them.

and with MB selling the V3 for £259 at the moment your getting yourself a fully race ready car(- electrics ofc)
The R is £199 so for the cost of 1 set of big bores more, its a much better deal
Old 11-08-2012

IMO I would only purchase a R to renew the drivetrain of a tired 410. Considering the price of the full spec V3 the R is to be ignored unless the price is slashed dramatically. It's no where as good as the 2010 410R which was the same price.
Old 15-08-2012

Thanks all for your input, but too be honest I've gone off the idea of getting either. Team Durango customer support (lack of) is putting me off getting another Durango model.

Steve
Old 15-08-2012

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Lack of customer support?
Could you please clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveuk View Post
Thanks all for your input, but too be honest I've gone off the idea of getting either. Team Durango customer support (lack of) is putting me off getting another Durango model.

Steve