Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 10-02-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80
Default if just one car, kf or sv2?

Will be buying a new car soon for the regionals and only want to purchase one car.
Will the sv2 be the ideal choice for all surfaces and grip levels or should I just go for the kf and tune for low grip levels. Already had some people telling me sv2, but just want more opinions now that lots of people have had time with both cars now.
Old 10-02-2014
Mad Member

KF
Nothing else to say
Maybe with a ball diff for wet
Old 10-02-2014

both have pros and cons, KF works very well in the dry but can be tricky to set up for wet astro, so far the only guys i have seen getting it to work well in the wet are the team drivers.
not sure when the new SV2 comes out but if you can wait it might be worth it.
Old 10-02-2014

From what I've heard the new sv2 will be the same but with black bits to keep in line with the rest of the cars in the line up. Might be worth waiting to see if prices drop soon and grab a bargain
Old 10-02-2014

think it will come with a geared diff which will be good for high grip and low maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timee80 View Post
From what I've heard the new sv2 will be the same but with black bits to keep in line with the rest of the cars in the line up. Might be worth waiting to see if prices drop soon and grab a bargain
Old 10-02-2014

get the kf
Old 10-02-2014

KF. I went faster with it in one day than I did after a whole year of my SV2.
Old 10-02-2014

I had the same issue. KF was good on high grip and SV2 good on low. I fitted a ball diff to the KF and it is now much better on low grip so I am now going to sell my SV2 and stick with the KF.
Old 10-02-2014

SV2
Old 10-02-2014

Sv2 as a kf is not quicker on one lap but easier to drive on high grip however a sv2 will work everywhere even storm valley if you can set it up right i brought a mid motor car rather than a foward motor car as its easier to work on and is rewarding when you beat foward motors on high grip
Old 10-02-2014

I've obviously started something. My thinking is more towards the sv2 right now. The kf looks good and I have a k1 which would share some spares but I could load up on spares for the price difference anyway
Old 10-02-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

those with kf will say kf, those with sv2 will say sv2, I have both and dry astro will use the kf, damp sv2, appreciate that's not much help but maybe a second hand one of each?
Old 10-02-2014
Mad Member

I've got both how does that work ;0)
The sv2 jumps crap
The KF is nearly a lap quicker I reckon on high grip compared to the sv2
I prefer to drive the sv2
But I would still buy the kf
Old 11-02-2014

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
The sv2 jumps crap
The KF is nearly a lap quicker I reckon on high grip compared to the sv2
Thats rubbish.

The KF is a great car and designed specifically for high bits tracks. There is obviously going to be a difference vs a car designed for all round conditions, but in testing in the dry i have found this to be around 0.5 - 0.7 a lap - hardly a whole lap?

The challenge comes to which is easier to drive for you. Which ever car you crash less with you will most probably do a quicker overall time, don't worry about individual lap times.

In damp greasy conditions at Kiddy on Sunday I ran the SV2, as I felt this was the conditions that best suited the cars I had. If it had been bone try and high grip I would of run the KF. - appreciate that may not be much help as Mark has said. Both cars are great in the right conditions and Im sure if we could rely on the great British weather to be kind all 'summer' you could happily go with the KF!

Oh and my SV2 seemed to jump pretty well last year, even in practice at the Worlds....
Old 11-02-2014

Thanks Simon. Would I be right in thinking that the use able life of the rear tyres on the kf would be much shorter on the kf than the sv2, due to weight bias?
Old 11-02-2014

Can't comment on the kf but I had an sv2 for a season.
I could never get my sv2 to jump either, maybe something to do with the extra weight I had to run in it to get it round the track, not to mention the optional parts I had to buy.. Camber link plates, yokes, bla bla
I ended up with a £300 2wd which I could never push or drive hard, only tippy toe round, it was still fast but didn't suit my style, as a result I hardly went racing last year, I just didn't really want to drive it!
I also know someone who loved it so boils down to

Personal preference at the end of the day.
Old 11-02-2014
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Thats rubbish.

The KF is a great car and designed specifically for high bits tracks. There is obviously going to be a difference vs a car designed for all round conditions, but in testing in the dry i have found this to be around 0.5 - 0.7 a lap - hardly a whole lap?

The challenge comes to which is easier to drive for you. Which ever car you crash less with you will most probably do a quicker overall time, don't worry about individual lap times.

In damp greasy conditions at Kiddy on Sunday I ran the SV2, as I felt this was the conditions that best suited the cars I had. If it had been bone try and high grip I would of run the KF. - appreciate that may not be much help as Mark has said. Both cars are great in the right conditions and Im sure if we could rely on the great British weather to be kind all 'summer' you could happily go with the KF!

Oh and my SV2 seemed to jump pretty well last year, even in practice at the Worlds....
Old 11-02-2014

I dunno but it might help if you could get ask someone at your local track to let you have a go at their KF and/or SV2 then make a more informed decision?
Old 11-02-2014

I didn't have a problem in the wet/damp on Sunday with the kf . The car had good traction even with a geared diff allowing me to post the fastest lap times . Compared to a sv2 the kf is far more balanced for me .
Old 11-02-2014

lol