Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 11-08-2013

Really good day again at torch. Close fast racing and well run so thanks to chris for that.

Great banter under the rudebits gazebo as usual.

Roll on the next one
Old 11-08-2013

Awesome day!! Was a tad wet in the morning but dried up within a couple of heats and we were treated to fabulous sunshine.

A Few Thank You's:

Shaun M - For the excellent advice on getting the Durango working as it should, although my driving is crap, its massively helped keep my attention on learning to drive rather than coping with a slip slidey car. Cheers!

Alex - For the advice and last minute help with providing me with a servo saver which munched itself before the 3rd Final. Thank You.

Chris & Crew: A really well run meeting with lots of track time and practise and a more challenging new layout.

4WD B Group drivers - Sorry i don't know all your names but Thank You for the little hints, tips and advice. Ade for the tyre suggestions which helped massively.

Forbesy - Thanks for the Hauler bud. Will keep my mum quiet from having my stuff all over he kitchen table

Tony-Rudebits (I think it was) - For the fantastic commentary and I found it quite funny can you do this every week?

My cheap shite Argos Gazebo launching itself across the track. Thanks to the army that stopped the thing. I should really have pinned it down....oops! Just glad it wasn't during a Heat and no one was hurt.

Not too sure how many peeps know but i have the Cancer and Unfortunately I'm back in Hospital tomorrow for another round of Chemo which does funny things with my hands, feet and coordination but ill sure be fighting at the back of the grid next Sunday.

For the last 6-12 months I have its going to be a fantastic way to help ease the tension, stress and pressure. rebuilding my obliterated car during the weeks keeps me busy and out of trouble

Sam
Old 11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmickid View Post
Awesome day!! Was a tad wet in the morning but dried up within a couple of heats and we were treated to fabulous sunshine.

A Few Thank You's:

Shaun M - For the excellent advice on getting the Durango working as it should, although my driving is crap, its massively helped keep my attention on learning to drive rather than coping with a slip slidey car. Cheers!

Alex - For the advice and last minute help with providing me with a servo saver which munched itself before the 3rd Final. Thank You.

Chris & Crew: A really well run meeting with lots of track time and practise and a more challenging new layout.

4WD B Group drivers - Sorry i don't know all your names but Thank You for the little hints, tips and advice. Ade for the tyre suggestions which helped massively.

Forbesy - Thanks for the Hauler bud. Will keep my mum quiet from having my stuff all over he kitchen table

Tony-Rudebits (I think it was) - For the fantastic commentary and I found it quite funny can you do this every week?

My cheap shite Argos Gazebo launching itself across the track. Thanks to the army that stopped the thing. I should really have pinned it down....oops! Just glad it wasn't during a Heat and no one was hurt.

Not too sure how many peeps know but i have the Cancer and Unfortunately I'm back in Hospital tomorrow for another round of Chemo which does funny things with my hands, feet and coordination but ill sure be fighting at the back of the grid next Sunday.

For the last 6-12 months I have its going to be a fantastic way to help ease the tension, stress and pressure. rebuilding my obliterated car during the weeks keeps me busy and out of trouble

Sam
Sam, thank you for letting me share your gazebo when it rained and glad I could help with the servo arm. BTW here is the link for the titanium turnbuckles set that fits the DEX210:

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=102456

Thanks to all at TORCH for yet another well run meeting and an excellent day's racing, also to RudeTony for the hilarious commentary as others have said.

Looking forward to Wednesday when I can have a play with the DEX210
Old 11-08-2013

What a brilliant day, close racing with a quality bunch of people.

Nice to be part of such a great club.

Charlie even asked if he can race next time.

Thanks,
James.
Old 12-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III View Post
Sam, thank you for letting me share your gazebo when it rained and glad I could help with the servo arm. BTW here is the link for the titanium turnbuckles set that fits the DEX210:

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=102456

Thanks to all at TORCH for yet another well run meeting and an excellent day's racing, also to RudeTony for the hilarious commentary as others have said.

Looking forward to Wednesday when I can have a play with the DEX210
Your welcome mate. Thanks for the link....absolute bargain!!
Old 12-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeandfizz View Post
What a brilliant day, close racing with a quality bunch of people.

Nice to be part of such a great club.

Charlie even asked if he can race next time.

Thanks,
James.
James he's more than welcome but could you stand the competition?

LOL
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 12-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmickid View Post

A Few Thank You's:

Sam
Hi Sam. My heart goes out to you buddy. If our fantastic hobby can shield a bit of the agony you must be going through then it has to be good. I hope it will not be too long before we see you racing again.
As for the race meeting, the banter is probably what has stopped me from packing it all in. TORCH has a fantastic team running it, and a loyal band of racers who are always happy to help whenever you need it. Tony (MR.Rudebits) has been a great help to me over the past year, and more recently pitting and travelling to races with Rob Forbes has been a great advantage. His experience and encouragement has proved very helpful to me. (Thanks mate).
I wish you well. See you soon rocking and rolling at TORCH.
Old 12-08-2013
Mad Member

To top everything off with good weather, racing a relaxed atmosphere and good banter we at TORCH had the pleasure of 2 new cars on the track the new Rudebits DB2 and a Durango 210 Vega and both performed well.
Thanks to all that attended.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 12-08-2013

Another great day on a great track! Thanks to all involved in making it happen

Hopefully when I've finished this bloody house move I can make the morning rounds as well. On the plus side, I didn't see any rain.
Old 15-08-2013

Default 11th August

Had great day, thanks to everyone that works so hard to make this the best track in the south.

Are the result going to be published on the web site soon, I believe I lost a couple of laps in my last final. I noticed that my transponder connector had almost fallen out of its plug.

A big thanks to Tony for his Commentary, did make me giggle.

Bernard
Dex 410r
Kyosho MP6E
Kyosho RB6
Schumacher Cougar SV2
Radio Control News Facebook page click link
M B MODELS
Old 15-08-2013
Mad Member

Bernard they will hopefully be published soon, unfortunately knowone had a memory stick with them on sunday.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

Quick report from the meeting on our blog.

Sorry for delay, technology and me don't seem to mix - could not get it to upload using Internet Explorer, logged on using Firefox by mistake and it works

http://blog.torchracing.co.uk/

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

Nice job Rob!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 20-08-2013

Default Thanks

Nice report Rob, thanks for putting it up, always enjoy reading them
Old 11-09-2013

Any chance of getting the results up at some stage?

Cheers,
James.
Old 11-09-2013
SHRCCC Legend

And the 2wd regional full results?