Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 05-05-2010

Default factory team spec with big bores

called in at mcr today, pat has the new team kits in, and oodles of bmax spares.
Old 05-05-2010

Default MCR

do you have link ?
Old 05-05-2010
oOple Advertiser

Pat's website can be found here, only a holding page at present, but all their contacts are on it - http://www.mcrchesterfield.co.uk/

The kits arrived in the UK this week, but they get closer and closer to Durango price, with this win having an RRP of £429.99 (ouch)

Mind you it is very nice for us all to be fully loaded up with B-Max spares and optional parts again once more
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-05-2010

Man that is steep! I paid 410$ US for mine from Japan... Well, everyone has to earn a living... And if it encourages local hobby shops with tracks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Pat's website can be found here, only a holding page at present, but all their contacts are on it - http://www.mcrchesterfield.co.uk/

The kits arrived in the UK this week, but they get closer and closer to Durango price, with this win having an RRP of £429.99 (ouch)

Mind you it is very nice for us all to be fully loaded up with B-Max spares and optional parts again once more
Old 06-05-2010

Default bmax

i don't think pats were that expensive though, try him?.
Old 06-05-2010
oOple Advertiser

I did say that was "RRP" and not waht they are selling for, we have them in at £384.95 oursleves and I ma sure other shops will be less than £430 too.

And to be honest $410US is probaly about right, since that would be roughly £275/280 at present, then with tax and VAT, this would be £340/350 ish plus the shipping of course (£30/50), so hardly any different at all when it is all worked out
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-05-2010

Ah yes, that does explain it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
I did say that was "RRP" and not waht they are selling for, we have them in at £384.95 oursleves and I ma sure other shops will be less than £430 too.

And to be honest $410US is probaly about right, since that would be roughly £275/280 at present, then with tax and VAT, this would be £340/350 ish plus the shipping of course (£30/50), so hardly any different at all when it is all worked out
Old 28-05-2010

does the factory team spec still have stupid self tapping screws like the original bmax?
Old 28-05-2010

Yup, same screws! Actually, they have held up great so far to regular maintenance duties. I don't mind them a bit... What I dislike is the traditional Yokomo philips head screws... Swapped them out for Ti hex head screws...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
does the factory team spec still have stupid self tapping screws like the original bmax?
Old 30-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post
Yup, same screws! Actually, they have held up great so far to regular maintenance duties. I don't mind them a bit... What I dislike is the traditional Yokomo philips head screws... Swapped them out for Ti hex head screws...
im a bit confused with your post!

you say you dont mind them, yet you dislike the screws.

anyway, I think it's a disgrace that a $440us kit comes with philip head screws.
Old 31-05-2010

Sorry about that... Your original post refenreced "Those stupid self tapping screws"... So I assumed what bothered you was the fact they were self-tapping, rather than the Phillips head... Now is my post clearer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
im a bit confused with your post!

you say you dont mind them, yet you dislike the screws.

anyway, I think it's a disgrace that a $440us kit comes with philip head screws.