Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 30-07-2012

Default Clubs future!

It looks like we may need another venue soon. Should we bother or not?

People that flat there lips and say they will turn up but don't bother keep quiet. We don't want to decide on the clubs future only to find that people that have there say don't turn up which is what's basically happening now!
Old 30-07-2012

I think so, as you know it's been a busy summer for a lot of us,come end of sept oct you would hope it picks up abit, Sunday's are not ideal for a lot of us Sunday night is slightly better than day time but limits to the use of the hall the club can't do anything different

What does the big board in the entrance say? It had been mentioned that the youth club were struggling with funding or something along them lines

Maybe mid week would be better, I cannot say if it will be for myself depending on what nights and location of venue.

It's a little late in the year now but what if the club was to work with Paul @ dynamix with regards of summer racing @ dynamix and winter racing @ seaham (or new venue)? Surely that would be a good solution for both clubs as at the min the small amount of core racers are split between the two.
Old 30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp View Post
I think so, as you know it's been a busy summer for a lot of us,come end of sept oct you would hope it picks up abit, Sunday's are not ideal for a lot of us Sunday night is slightly better than day time but limits to the use of the hall the club can't do anything different

Maybe mid week would be better, I cannot say if it will be for myself depending on what nights and location of venue.

It's a little late in the year now but what if the club was to work with Paul @ dynamix with regards of summer racing @ dynamix and winter racing @ seaham (or new venue)? Surely that would be a good solution for both clubs as at the min the small amount of core racers are split between the two.
It looks like Seaham could close irrelevant of what we decide to do, if we move to midweek racing and people do what they have done now slow turn up less and less or not at all then the club will cease to exist. At Seaham midweek racing isn't an option.

Moving to a new venue will cost us a lot more on rent and if we get no shows then we will loose money hand over fist. Will Dynamic cover the rent over Summer when we race there I doubt it. I suspect we will be charged £25 minimum at any new venue.
Old 31-07-2012

i know i am new to the club (and new to the hobby) and dont know much on the history of the club!
All i know is that Regionals and nationals do have an effect on sunday club racing but i very much enjoy them and the interaction with the Seaham guys!

Though a "joint venture" (with dynamix) sounds like a great idea, the workings of the financials would be difficult imo.
i wouldn't want to see the club disappear!
now that there are more clubs in the region, maybe we need to look at when these clubs run and maybe try different nights.
Pack, why midweek would be a no go?
Old 31-07-2012

Seaham won't give us weekdays and it looks bleak for the Youth Centre.
Old 31-07-2012

Default Youth centre is safe.

To turn scouse for a moment, let's all "calm down, calm down". Seriously though, it is my understanding that the Youth Centre is ok for the next year, at the meeting the other week funding was agreed with the council. I still think we need to give the centre as much support as we can.

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 31-07-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalla View Post
To turn scouse for a moment, let's all "calm down, calm down". Seriously though, it is my understanding that the Youth Centre is ok for the next year, at the meeting the other week funding was agreed with the council. I still think we need to give the centre as much support as we can.
Thats good to know, with regards to funding for the centre.

think it was a bit troubling for all to see the big board with "save our youth centre" on it
gave the impression that it was on the verge of closing.
Old 31-07-2012

Have a look at this thread for an idea of pricing.
http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/14...g-110th-track/

what i noticed when i came to seaham is that we haven't got a club fee! (unless there is 1 and i got away with it!)
as far as i can see, seaham is cheap to race!
rent the transponders! i know that it will encourage me to buy 1 but you would get at least 2 or 3 fees before we commit in buying 1!
Old 31-07-2012

For me I liked the club, racing and the people. It was just the is it on this week or not that forced me to look for a new venue.

I understand that the Regionals \ Nationals is the route cause that there is not enough people to race on a weekend. I think at one point the club ran once in a five week period! And the turnout was very poor.

For me a week night would not be an option due to work.

At this point in time i'm also thinking about letting the 410 go and just stick with circuit racing. The plan was to come back to Off Road when the club picked up again, but reading this idk what to do now.

I hope that something gets sorted for the future of the club.
Old 31-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by f888fhw View Post
The plan was to come back to Off Road when the club picked up again, but reading this idk what to do now.
I know!!!! dont give up! we certainly dont want the snowball effect when 1 start giving up and the rest follows!
i'm sticking to seaham mainly coz its covered (and in this **** weather, its a bonus!), its not too far, sunday night is good for me though i would turn up any night! and ppl are kanny!
Old 01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by f888fhw View Post
For me I liked the club, racing and the people. It was just the is it on this week or not that forced me to look for a new venue.

I understand that the Regionals \ Nationals is the route cause that there is not enough people to race on a weekend. I think at one point the club ran once in a five week period! And the turnout was very poor.

For me a week night would not be an option due to work.

At this point in time i'm also thinking about letting the 410 go and just stick with circuit racing. The plan was to come back to Off Road when the club picked up again, but reading this idk what to do now.

I hope that something gets sorted for the future of the club.
Keep the 410, the club is staying on a Sunday night. We can't move venue and night to suit the people that don't support it currently. Regionals yes the club won't run but next year I won't be doing Nationals so it will run as won't affect numbers that much.

Yes the numbers are low however if everyone took the same approach and thought I'm not going because the numbers will be low then the following week someone else thinks the same thing then the club suffers.

Give it a dust down and come down this Sunday.
Old 01-08-2012

We try and get the club running every week which is happening so far so its all good.
Old 01-08-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Keep the 410, the club is staying on a Sunday night. We can't move venue and night to suit the people that don't support it currently. Regionals yes the club won't run but next year I won't be doing Nationals so it will run as won't affect numbers that much.

Yes the numbers are low however if everyone took the same approach and thought I'm not going because the numbers will be low then the following week someone else thinks the same thing then the club suffers.

Give it a dust down and come down this Sunday.
Quote:
We try and get the club running every week which is happening so far so its all good.

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 01-08-2012
Mad Member

Outdoor season is nearly over now, and I'm sure numbers will be up at Seaham in a few weeks.
Old 01-08-2012
Mad Member

Smile

Quote:
It looks like we may need another venue soon. Should we bother or not?

People that flat there lips and say they will turn up but don't bother keep quiet. We don't want to decide on the clubs future only to find that people that have there say don't turn up which is what's basically happening now!
Who gives you the right to tell people to keep quiet? Howay David give yourself a shake! It's a public forum.

This year has been another really busy year for racing and with Dynamix opening, it was always going to happen that a few would choose either venue! I personally think there would be a bigger turnout midweek if a venue WAS found. For now, people who can make a Sunday night(me not included) have a good venue to race at. Keep up the good work and keep the regulars posted on club openning nights and come Winter, the numbers will rise again. Simple!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
For now, people who can make a Sunday night(me not included) have a good venue to race at. Keep up the good work and keep the regulars posted on club openning nights and come Winter, the numbers will rise again. Simple!
Roll on Winter!!!! (sort of speak!!!!)
Old 02-08-2012
Mad Member

Good to hear the club is trying to keep going.
Keep up the good work pack, Ian and the rest of the people involved.
Old 09-08-2012

Again people suggesting week nights. There is a week night club. TyneMet but those crying for week nights don't seem to be turning up there and didn't when longbenton was still going. Maybe Sunday is a disadvantage as much from dynamix and barley mow runni g Sunday rather than just because it's the weekend?