Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 22-09-2012

Exclamation Sunday 23rd NOT on, definitely ON Sun 30th

As above, racing cancelled this Sunday, but we will be back Sunday 30th Sep.

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 28-09-2012

I'm hoping to make it along this Sunday for some 4wd action... Who else is going?
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 29-09-2012
Mad Member

I'm dying to race indoors....I've even thought about going along to Birtley club to see what's going on there.....touring cars!!

There's no point going with only 2 people!
I thought the Chairman said that you had to put your name down and he would decide if its on?

I will be there this Sunday though if a few more say there going
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 29-09-2012

I 99% plan on being there, will know 100% in the morning
Old 29-09-2012
Mad Member

Looks like 3 then....thats almost double normal attendance isn't it!!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 29-09-2012

Very wrong, there's often 5 of us!! Makes sorting heats out a bit difficult!!!

Is Mr Pack going?
Old 29-09-2012
Mad Member

Pack and the Vicar are away so guess not. I'm not going to bother going if there's only a few going....please speak up if your going!!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 29-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Pack and the Vicar are away so guess not. I'm not going to bother going if there's only a few going....please speak up if your going!!!
+1..
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 29-09-2012
Mad Member

i know pack is out as he has other commitments
Think Dexter is opening up unless Ian can make it
Old 29-09-2012

This is all getting a bit maddening.! Where are the racers around this region? I know Sunday is not good night for everyone but surely people should be making an effort to keep this club going. Even if you all just turn up once a month it would help and if there was to be a good turnout then attract others, it might! This also goes for other clubs who are struggling, Benfield and Dynamics. If we want racing to continue in the region then lets support all of them, if not on a weekly basis then fortnightly , monthly, just turn. up. I know people do national events and commit elsewhere but lets face it you will not want to travel away for ever and if you want to continue racing then local clubs are it. I know it not good when there are only a few people going to places to race. Get your buds going and have a laugh!
Old 29-09-2012

I agree.. But for me club racing (especially indoors) in the summer is not practical nor do I have the time! Now the outdoor season is over I'll be going to Seaham as much as possible and would imagine there'll a few more doing the same.. (Hopefully anyway) it's much better when there's more racers/marshals to build and put away etc.
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 29-09-2012

ill poss be coming from crook but only 50/50 after next week i can make every time
Old 30-09-2012
Mad Member

Exclamation

Shifta is spot on, that's the same for me! Plus, agree with Keith, Sunday nights are awful! I'm really going to try to get there tonight if a few more people say that there going as its nearly an hour for me to get there.

Midweek racing is where it's at! If only there was another venue that we could use then I'm sure that there would be more drivers turn up.

Dynamix is out of the question now for me because of the northern weather.
I have been too busy this year with work to get to any other. Event than the regional there!
Fingers crossed he keeps it going until next year!

I'm sure that now the dark nights are on their way, more people like Shift and myself will get there on a Sunday.....or better still.....week night!!!!

No doubt our Leader will post soon with a rant as he's probs still out drinking in Scotland😜
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 30-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
Shifta is spot on, that's the same for me! Plus, agree with Keith, Sunday nights are awful! I'm really going to try to get there tonight if a few more people say that there going as its nearly an hour for me to get there.

Midweek racing is where it's at! If only there was another venue that we could use then I'm sure that there would be more drivers turn up.

Dynamix is out of the question now for me because of the northern weather.
I have been too busy this year with work to get to any other. Event than the regional there!
Fingers crossed he keeps it going until next year!

I'm sure that now the dark nights are on their way, more people like Shift and myself will get there on a Sunday.....or better still.....week night!!!!

No doubt our Leader will post soon with a rant as he's probs still out drinking in Scotland��

Not sure mid-week would be any better, and if I remember correctly from other threads about mid-week the current venue wouldn't be able to support it. besides there are 2 other north east clubs(Tyne met and Benton) that run through the week and they also struggle with numbers.
Dynamix was also running on Tuesday evenings and had difficulty with numbers there.

when the decision was made to move from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night one of the biggest supporters of the move was you. and now your saying they are "awful" no offense but that just seems a bit wrong to me. Can I ask what changed to make Sunday nights so awful? when previously you'd said :
"Get the racing on a Sunday night, finish a round earlier for kids with the adults good idea Pete, and there will be loads more drivers that can attend every week.
I will be able to attend as long as theres not a Worksop round on or an outdoor event that most members will be at anyway.

Come on.Sort it out please for the good of the hobby in the North East"

for me personally moving to mid week would be the end of racing.
I don't get in till 6pm(sometimes later) and have a 2 year old to look after when I do.

regardless of day or time that racing happens on I think the best thing to do is turn up to any club that your able to get to as often as your able to, in order to support the clubs that we have, regardless of who may or may not be going on the day.
supporting the clubs in the NE is the only way to attract more drivers and keep the clubs going
Old 30-09-2012
Mad Member

I really couldn't give a toss what your opinion is of anything I have to say.

Sunday nights are better than Sundays during the day that's correct however Sundays in general are awful, especially if not many turn up to race.

If there were 40 drivers turn up then Sunday evenings would be good, there's only a few so there not!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 30-09-2012
Mad Member

I've got 2 full sets of yellows NIP 4wd and 2wd with me tonight if anybody needs some?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 30-09-2012

Is there a meeting tonight then. Is anyone going. At the moment there seem to be about 4.
Old 30-09-2012

I'm going, just hope a few more turn up..
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 30-09-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs up

Sorry for not replying to any comments sooner, ive just got back from blackpool but yes i will be there aswell and will be opening up and will be setting of at 17:45..........see you there whoever turns up

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
Not sure mid-week would be any better, and if I remember correctly from other threads about mid-week the current venue wouldn't be able to support it. besides there are 2 other north east clubs(Tyne met and Benton) that run through the week and they also struggle with numbers.
Dynamix was also running on Tuesday evenings and had difficulty with numbers there.

when the decision was made to move from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night one of the biggest supporters of the move was you. and now your saying they are "awful" no offense but that just seems a bit wrong to me. Can I ask what changed to make Sunday nights so awful? when previously you'd said :
"Get the racing on a Sunday night, finish a round earlier for kids with the adults good idea Pete, and there will be loads more drivers that can attend every week.
I will be able to attend as long as theres not a Worksop round on or an outdoor event that most members will be at anyway.

Come on.Sort it out please for the good of the hobby in the North East"

for me personally moving to mid week would be the end of racing.
I don't get in till 6pm(sometimes later) and have a 2 year old to look after when I do.

regardless of day or time that racing happens on I think the best thing to do is turn up to any club that your able to get to as often as your able to, in order to support the clubs that we have, regardless of who may or may not be going on the day.
supporting the clubs in the NE is the only way to attract more drivers and keep the clubs going
Just a note to everyone - Benton is NOT a midweek option - we moved to TyneMet and now run 7-10 Mondays. Please dont waste your time going along to Benton on a Thursday.
Cant beleive all the people on here saying "I'd go if there were more racers" if you went regularly there would be. Also "i'll go now its winter" doesnt help keep the club going. If people don't attend in the summer there won't be a club left for the winter!