Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 28-09-2012

Default new track opinions

opinions guys what did you all think....... I will give my opinion the track is very fast perhaps to fast I think all the little ones struggled with it as did alot of the top heat seemed to be alot of track hopping. The big jump needs moving to the beginning of the slippy stuff because its dangerous where it is and puts alot of pressure on number 8 Marshall and maybe take out the jump on the straight and set it similar to the way the mardaves are doing it.... got to be honest its the first time I have took my car off in a race because I felt the race was reckless and dangerous to prove it the A final 4 cars came off broken never seen that before
Old 29-09-2012

Hi buddy.

Track proved controversial, which is strange considering it was a unanimous vote. In many respects it is simpler than the last track. Yet there was a lot more crashing.

Definately a faster track. Even though it there was less turns, ended up with two broken cars. Having xaid that whilst i hit a car coming the wrong way up the straight, i should have probably braked harder as even though i heard it late there was a call from a marshall.

Not been at the club many months, but definately scrappiest top heats and a final. Might get better next week as people get used to it, but then again might not. I'm being really useful i know

Andy
Old 29-09-2012

I think the track can work with a few tweaks so not all bad its great for mardaves
Old 29-09-2012

i agree with tisher on the adjustments its what i said right at the start,the track is just too fast for the stanard of drivers, marshalling was very poor last night aswell, weather that was because they couldnt get too the cars or juist not looking i dont know,
Old 29-09-2012
Banned

It was pretty much chaos on track!

There was people jumping the track everywhere especially in the top heat.
There was one car in particular, a pink/blue B44.1 with a tribal design??
Don't think he actually did a whole lap!
Old 29-09-2012

I dont think it will take to much to make it a good track layout it just needs slowing down other wise we are going to see 10sec laps in the next couple of weeks
Old 29-09-2012

I agree completely the track is too fast , the main factor for me is the jump causing cars too end up on the streight which is not good the other point is the fact tht the technical section of track is the centre bit with streights pretty much all way round which isnt easy or safe for marshalls deffinately needs tweeking
Old 29-09-2012

Looks like there is a consensus that says we have a good track, but it would be better if we added some tweaks.

Anybody got any ideas as to what they would like to see added. Think Andy Rids has done a great job with the tracks and he deserves our thanks with the effort he puts in.

We all voted for the track as it looked great on paper. As is often the case proof is in the driving.

Probably speaking out of turn, but I am fairly sure any constructive ideas on improvements would be appreciated.
Old 29-09-2012

agreed credit where credit is due I think just the tweeks that I put above would do it or a least make it easier on the marshalls the rest of the track layout works really well
Old 01-10-2012
Banned

Can some one have a word with the guy that's always cheating!
It's the young lad with the B44.1 pink/blue tribal shell.

For some reason it's really getting up my nose!

If quite funny because I make a point of watching his car if I'm not racing.
It's quite comical how many times he cuts the track!
Old 01-10-2012

In my opinion i dnt see the point in jumpin track your just cheating yourself the point of going to a track is too test yourself see how fast you can get round and try and better your times , fair enough if ya end up gettin knocked or crash and end up on the wrong side thn you wait long enough so tht you dnt gain an advantage out of it , if you dont do tht thn wats the point you might aswell go n play on a carpark somewere , just my opinion
Old 02-10-2012

I can assure you that he has been told about cutting the track, i told him that he will lose his results if he continues - and he's my son!
Old 02-10-2012
Banned

Good

He's not a bad driver, he just needs to think about what he's doing.
his times look much faster than they actually are.
Old 02-10-2012

That's the most annoying thing is that he can drive well, he wasn't bothered about his times so didn't do it to cheat but to get out of the way of someone he felt kept hitting his car, but he has been told to think of other ways and not cutting the track. He's only 12 so hopefully he will cool down with age. I know he was bad in 2nd round so he was told before 3rd round that if I saw him do it then he would lose his positioning in final, he drove better in 3rd round and that was his best of the night so his final position, but I will keep check on him this week and warn him before each round