Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 16-03-2010

Default Drive Shaft

They are pressed in.. One of mine was like that after 5 mins running around outside it freed off. Smeer some grease on it and give it a run in the car !

There have been lots of little things like that I have found on the car. It remided me of how schumacher cars used to be " File and Drill not included but needed" What we have to remember is where they were built and by whom and for £ $ . After this Sundays meeting I will do something with Joe at SMD and we shall put some stuff on the website.

As for the slipper I have -.6 mod pinions now and will stay on them.

The kyosho spur needs a 4mm spacer inserting into the hole as the kyosho spur is 4.7 mm and the lrp 4mm. Ill take some piccys tommorow on what I did but it would be easyer and cheaper just to get 4 pinions.

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 18-03-2010

It certainly looks very similar to the ZX-5 I have in front of me.

Either way, it looks like a great for for beginners, cheaper than the ZX-5 RTR and you seem to get more for your money too.

Are the diff shafts metal as well? When I got the RTR ZX-5, one of the first things I had to do was replace the bearing and plastic diff shafts.

Getting back into it after 14 year...so be gentle
Web Design Durham
Old 18-03-2010

Default lrp blast

I agree it does look like a lazer,i received mine this morn after changing the shock oil and putting a brushless in it it does go very well , i will know more after visiting a track with it.As for the drive train looking at it ,it all looks metal gonna be a good little club racer i reckonBring on the hop ups!!!
Old 21-03-2010

Default Update

Just got home !!!! tired Ill put something together this week but lets just say it was crash tested in the early rounds. After many setup changes finally got it near for the last round and had a 19th in round with a good 16 lapper. Add that to a 27th i belive and I ended up 29th in the C final. Knowing the car was better I went for it and ended up finnishing a good 2nd place. LOL passed a few good cars on the way.
Dont think anything has broken but ill do a complete strip and assesment later this week. Working away for a few days.

All in all as a club race car Pro Level can be done but there a few upgrades that spring to mind. Lets see if LRP will listn to me this time ???

Old 21-03-2010
Mad Member

Mines on its way,will give it a good test at the PDA on the 28th.
Old 21-03-2010

Default Quick one

Quick one then!

Suspension ! Make sure all the roll bars and linkages are free. Tight in Whishbones !! I ran with no front roll bar.

I had 30wt front 25wt rear. Lossen off the bottom shock cap and add a bit of grease on the oring and work in. Dont overtighten the bottom cap. Seals are to good to begin with. Loosens up after a meeting. I also added 5mm spacers in the rear shocks to lessen the droop and 4 mm in the front. Middle hole front and back for the top of the shocks and the outside holes on the whishbones.

The Rest

2 degree camber all round 0 toe at the front kit of course at the rear. I put a alloy arm on my servo and tightened up the servo saver tight. I also used a dremel and took 2mm of matierial off the front C hubs to gain a little more steering lock " ps thats what made the difference !!!" . about 20 mm ride height front and rear. Rest of the holes as per kit.

LRP 4800 40 C Lipo Saddle LRP Speedo and LRP X12 6.5 T

18 tooth .6 mod pionion on stock spur. Check the meshing through all of the spurs rotation.

Slipper seamed to change all for the first few runs while it beds in. Mine ended up about 180 degrees tigher than stock. Where ever that may be ??.
Adjust until you can accelerate hard without loosing the rear.

More later in the week

Old 23-03-2010

Where are you guys buying these buggies? Im in the states and there are no US distributors of this car as far as I know...

I think they might be just the buggy for me, my Academy SB Pro is getting kinda old and spares are impossible to find...

Someone said is was cheaper than the lazer zx5 RTR? That's $200 for me, so this really sounds like a good price.

Jon
Old 23-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If they would be sold in the US they would come in via Team Associated as the US distributor.

it might be worth asking them?
Old 23-03-2010

That's what I figured, but I didn't know if they were going to import them with the B44...

Jon
Old 23-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

with the other LRP car's they are only allowed to be distributed in Europe, for the US the LRP shark is a Duratrax Vendetta and the S8BX nitro car is a Z-Car, but i havent seen the S10 Blast distributed under any other name so it might head over to the US, AE will know more than me though.
Old 23-03-2010

Mine went well again even on kit tyres last night and surprised some much pricier machinery - until I ran out of talent in the final and did a fair bit of damage!

Jamie at SMD tells me all the bits I need are in stock, but no dealers carry parts yet so they'll have to be ordered specially. Just a little heads-up for those hitting the track with no 'plan B', might be worth picking up some basic spares first...

Bondy's tip about checking the mesh is spot on - either the spurs aren't particularly true or they're not properly centred on the slipper shaft as getting a decent mesh can be a little frustrating. Ran mine on 35wt front, 30wt rear, kit holes for everything, 10k oil in front diff and 7k-ish in rear. Still getting my thumbs in after a while away from it all but this little thing ain't half bad.
Old 23-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

Next run out for mine is sunday at coventry a track that i can really test the car for sure

My starting set up will be

front
30wt oil,
middle hole on the tower and outer hole on the wishbone,10k front diff and no roll bar

Rear
25wt oil,
inner hole on the tower and middle hole on the wishbones,7k rear diff with the roll bar on

I have put 60g weight under the lipo's,other than that its as per kit to start the day,the spur gear does not seem perfectly true as i find there is a tight spot

the car does seem to have alot of potential so lets hope that the shops that are selling the kits get the spares in stock also,i took the cheat way for now and bought another kit

keep the feedback coming in guys im sure we can find some good setups and push the car in with top range cars this season
Old 23-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I found on ours that the slipper pads weren't seated properly and were kicking the spur off at an angle...worth checking and stripping down first.

Old 24-03-2010

I emailed AE yesterday about possible US distribution, haven't heard back yet.

There seems to be an interest in an electric 4wd Short Course truck over here... The blast could easily fulfill this role with a few plastic parts. Hopefully it will also be offered in buggy form, and hopefully even a kit.

Jon
Old 24-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
I found on ours that the slipper pads weren't seated properly and were kicking the spur off at an angle...worth checking and stripping down first.

Cheers tel !! I havent took the slipper apart on the car I used at worksop It was a fresh car out of the box. !!! Thats why I was in the toilets cleaning my hands every hour after changing everything. ill check that tommorow.

Some people said mine was a little noisy at the end of my final and a strip down I noticed a few damaged teeth. It kept going ok !! I have changed it now and have shimmed it a little tighter. Ready for Robin Hood on sunday !!!

Old 24-03-2010

I got a reply, and AE says they aren't importing the Blast. Maybe they aren't telling me something, but I was really dissapointed by this.

Jon
Old 24-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.m. View Post
Maybe they aren't telling me something
Maybe it's their way of saying please buy a B44 instead!

PS Thunder Tiger now do one very similar to the LRP Blast, so that's another reason for AE not to import the LRP.
http://www.tiger.com.tw/article/news/257.html
Old 25-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
PS Thunder Tiger now do one very similar to the LRP Blast, so that's another reason for AE not to import the LRP.
http://www.tiger.com.tw/article/news/257.html
That actually looks awesome!! And right under $200 for me!! That chassis got to go, but Im liking the steel gear diffs and interesting suspension layout.

AE still might import the Blast, but probably as a 4wd SC truck.

Jon
Old 25-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

Thunder tiger also have the sparrowhawk xxb now,gear diffs and comes with 2.4ghz radio and brushless,i have 1 and its very similar lines to the blast apart from 1 thing its wheelbase is a fair bit shorter
Old 25-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post
i took the cheat way for now and bought another kit
A donor car might be the way forward, I've just had a quote back for the parts damaged on Monday - some aspects of said damage I'm quite surprised at too. Let's be fair and just say the spares prices don't quite reflect the stunning price point of the whole car (fully assembled with electrics, remember) Buying two somewhat defeats the 'value' aspect though, no?

So whilst it's true you may save on the initial layout, you'll only save in the long run if by some miracle it breaks and/or wears out less than any other car - which remains to be seen.

As for mine, if it were an insurance job it'd be a 'write off' and it'll stay that way whilst I have a think about it.