Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 08-12-2013

Default Looking for SW/Devon Micro racers intersted in Saturday Racing ?

Hi All,

Thought it was about time we reached out to see if there are any micro owners in devon/south west who might be interested in Saturday racing?
Me and my business partner run sos-mmrc and pretty much every saturday we and a small group of friends (4-6 people) go racing in local Halls.

Were based in Bideford North Devon and the hall we have ben using most recently is in northam 2.5 miles from us as it is one of the larger halls around at 22m long by 8m wide with plenty of comfortable pitting area and nice kitchen etc. We have enough carpet to cover most halls and a basic infra red timing system from carl at rctiming.com. It may not be as flash as the amb kit but the transponders are under £20 each.
We usually setup a mix of carpeted and uncarpeted sections with a selcetion of features/jumps.

For some reason photo bucket has gone dodgy so cant upload more pics now but will as soon as i can?

Any way were a friendly yet competaive bunch who really don't take things to seriously and have a good laugh while we're racing.
Would be great to get some more people interested as it would improve the racing by having more heats and extra marshals.

Cheers All

T

Last edited by SOSx; 08-12-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: trying to get picture working?
Old 08-12-2013

Default More pictures

For some reason photobucket is only playing up on mozzilla so I can add a few more pics now.

Old 29-12-2013

Not much interest shown so far but thought i'd add a few more pictures (please excuse the quality of my indoor phone pics) of our last couple of layouts and also our 30mx10m astro track that we use in the summer.

This is Northam Village hall. 22mx7.3m

Bradworthy village hall

Our astro track

Old 29-12-2013

When do race outdoors!! What sort off scale cars do you race outside !! Do you have a postcode?? Is it electric or nitro track
Old 30-12-2013

Hi Team 36,

We normally race on most Saturdays on the astro track in the summer (although often sundays as well). The track is located at EX22 7XH about 10 miles from Bideford.

We have been racing both Micro's and 1/8th the last couple of years although the track is a bit small for the 1/8th so we're considering moving over to 1/10th this year as it would suite them better. So most liekely this year it will be 1/14th and 1/10th.

Where are you based and what do you currently drive?
Old 30-12-2013

I have 1/10 scale 2wd & 4wd I'm from wellington Somerset I race Tiverton & mendip I have few mates that are from North Devon I could be up 4 summer racing down your way !!