Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 07-08-2008

Default Tamiya Super Sabre....need help!!!

Hello, I would like to apologize firstly.....i am new to this forum and am looking for some answers. I decided to get my old 1987 Tamiya super sabre out of the closet and do some research to see if i could get some parts for it. I need to know where i can buy parts or if there are some that can be used from the Hot Shot. I need a new battery and the main piece that is broken (I apologize dont know the name of part) is where the steering adjustment/linkage can be made on front wheels. The red piece that is inside the hub of wheel that connects to the steering linkage needs to be replaced.

If there is anybody out there that can help you would be forever in my debt. I loved this RC car and I am kicking myself for waiting so long to try to get it fixed again.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2008
Mad Member

You are in luck as everything except the chassis and shocks are the same as the rerelease Hotshot. Even more useful the parts you need are still used for the Manta Ray and several touring cars, so the parts are readily available from any Tamiya stockists.
The part you need is Tamiya part number 50648.

For parts that aren't used on the rerelease Hotshot oyur best options are ebay, or a wanted ad in the forums on Tamiyaclub.com

If you need any other part numbers the manual for the rerelease Hotshot is here
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download...l/hot_shot.pdf
and the original manual for the super Sabre is here
http://www.modelbuild.co.uk/manuals/58066.zip
Old 08-08-2008

thanks so much for your help, i will look into these sites. hopefully i can get it up and running soon. Thanks again. Ill keep you informed of any other issues.
Old 08-08-2008

terry.sc

i just ordered the part from ebay!! thanks so much, im gonna see if the original 7.2V battery still works, but ill order one if not.

I do believe i have another problem. I remember that the R/C would go in and out and lose its signal, I obviously would lose control of the vehicle.

Does this have something to do with a servo/transmitter?

other than that, if i get that fixed, ill clean it up and run it

thanks
Old 08-08-2008
Mad Member

If you are having problems with the old radio you are better off replacing it with a new one rather than trying to find the fault, they are very cheap second hand for a basic set, even new ones aren't that much. This link will give you an idea of new prices, so for £30-40 you can have new radio gear that will make sure it runs more reliably than the old one does.