Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 01-03-2013

Ok the weekly reminder to everyone to prep your car and charge your batteries for Monday night racing. Martin and Adam Purvis in particular who apparently haven’t been due to forgetting to charge before Monday!!!!
Well Martin you’re added to the email now so that’s not an excuse anymore
Not sure who’s running race control this week, Westy, Scowne or Nigel as I won’t be there but I’m sure it’ll run as smooth as if not smoother than usual!
Hopefully 6 rounds of racing for everyone as usual - 4 quali and a 2 leg final at the best buggy & TC club in the North East
And as far as I'm aware thats the most races you're going to get in one night anywhere in the north east
Have a good nights racing and I’ll see you all when I get back
Old 01-03-2013

I'm sure it will run fine mark.

Have a great HOLIDAY

gar
Old 12-03-2013

Well I may be back but my car certainly wasn’t - yet more rebuilding for next week I guess!
Anyway numbers creeping up again which is good to see with 22 racing last night, 7 buggies and 15 TC’s again all getting 4 quali and a 2 leg final meaning 6 races for all J
Good to have Martin and Adam back on the track too now that they have no excuse for forgetting, Adam driving really well and wasn’t too far behind his dad, couple of more weeks Martin………!
And on the subject of driving standards there seemed to be some “questionable” driving AND marshalling last night in ALL heats with quite a few people commenting on it.
Though happily that’s not really my problem any more - just thought I’d mention it J
Hopefully we’ll have Mark Fairbairn back on track next week as well after popping in for a social visit.

See you all next week - and please play nicely
Old 12-03-2013
Mad Member

I think the problem is some peoples ambition outweighs there talent.
Is it stockcar racing at tynemet now?
Suits me
Old 12-03-2013

Good to see numbers up we should be back soon. weve been away as the next generation richie has just entered the world. I think he will be a racer as he arrived 4pm last Monday which coincides with preparation time before the club meet
Old 12-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie. View Post
Good to see numbers up we should be back soon. weve been away as the next generation richie has just entered the world. I think he will be a racer as he arrived 4pm last Monday which coincides with preparation time before the club meet
Congratulations richie.
Old 13-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie. View Post
Congratulations, should I book him in for next week?
Old 13-03-2013

Congratulations, I hope all are well, and no problems.
Best wishes to all your family.

Couldn't be a better reason for not being to the club.

See you both soon Ray
Old 14-03-2013

Thanks gents! As for booking in I'd give him a couple of weeks to build a kit first mark
Old 15-03-2013

Ok guys your weekly reminder, for Martin in particular to charge some batteries for Mondays racing.
Hopefully another busy night ahead with lots of good close racing and maybe even a slight improvement in driving and marshalling standards
Play nicely children
Old 16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
Ok guys your weekly reminder, for Martin in particular to charge some batteries for Mondays racing.
Hopefully another busy night ahead with lots of good close racing and maybe even a slight improvement in driving and marshalling standards
Play nicely children
I suppose I'll have to come and kick your ass in a few weeks then
Mardave V12 AC12-S
Old 19-03-2013

A good turn out topping 20 racers again with 12 TC & 8 Buggies. Couple of new faces, Declain and Dave tho I hear Declain has raced a week or two back when I was away boarding. Good to have you on the track guys.
Another night of 4 quali and 2 finals meaning 6 races for everyone which seems to have become the norn with not too much of a rush to do it - we’re getting good J
Some good close and it has to be said, very clean racing last night compared to last week. Unfortunately a couple of problems meant loosing a few cars over the night but otherwise a good nights racing was had by all, me in particular since my car went well for the first time in months.
Think the only guy who had a bad night was the dick from the Gym effing on about common sense and threatening to torch cars cos he was blocked in. Well common sense would suggest that someone going to the gym to keep fit wouldn’t be too lazy to walk 100 yards from the car park to me, leaving room those less fit and somewhat older of us carrying heavy gear to park at the door!

Hopefully see you all again next week - BTW anyone know where Kieran has disappeared to??
Old 22-03-2013

Reminder time so fix your cars, charge your cells and get to Phills or ring Gary if you need any tyres.
There’s a rumour we may be joined by a mag reviewer this coming Monday testing a new TC at our club so best behaviour please and the club might even get a plug in the mag

See you all Monday at the North’s best and smoothest running Buggy & TC venue for another 6 rounds of racing - unless numbers get so high we need 4 heats!
Old 25-03-2013

I will be there running buggy unfortunately it will be on mini spikes but hey ho..

TP 7752604

Nathan also racing buggy TP7319846

Liam Fletcher also racing buggy, first time anywhere tonight no TP
Old 26-03-2013

Well a good nights racing was had by 23 of us last night, 11 buggies and 12 TC’s meaning we had to split into 4 heats. Despite this we all still managed to fit in 4 quali and a final. That’s track set-up, 20 races and cleared up in out 3 hour slot - pretty impressive - certainly a new record but one I have no intention of ever trying to beat before anyone complains about the pace of the night.
To be fair, I think everyone is now used to how quickly we turn around between heats as I haven’t heard anyone complain for a log time?
Nice to have Harry back after a long time and pretty much on the pace and Richie and Nathan back from Seaham, especially when you bring a first time racer with you - hope to see you back with Liam in a couple of weeks.
One person who didn’t show was the magazine reviewer with his test car, nevermind, no-one special, it was only Phil “the hobbit” McMahon. Next time wee man?

Don’t forget no racing on Easter Monday - we never race bank hols so see you all again in 2 weeks time at the best (and smoothest running!) TC and buggy club in the North East

Also just worth mentioning, the lads who were playing with the Nitro car outside on the grass - please don’t if you’re reading this or know who they were. We have a very good relationship with the college and don’t want it spoilt. I know they weren’t club members and I did mention it to the lad on duty last night.
Anyone is more than welcome to come along and watch us or bring an elec car and race with us so hopefully we’ll see you on the track in the future but please - no IC’s or electrics even outside the hall.

Cheers
Old 28-03-2013

Ok just a reminder that as it’s bank holiday this coming Monday we won’t be racing.
So no matter how much you enjoyed last week, don’t go turning up and expecting to have a great night - you won’t, you’ll only get laughed at
Back on as usual on the 8th
Old 05-04-2013

Racing is back on as usual this Monday so get your cars ready and batteries charged for another night of thrills and spills at the North East’s best club for buggies and TC’s
Old 10-04-2013

Ok lads quick report this week as I’m a bit busy here!

A bit quiet with only 17 racing, 2 TC and 1 buggy heat, which I’m putting down to still being school hols, a few with kids were missing.
Also at 7:10 pm I thought we were going to have a single heat as there were only a handful of racers had arrived. Just a reminder to you all, racing starts at 7:30 however doors open at 7:00. During this 30 mins the track has to be built, it doesn’t build its self and with the shears missing there ended up no jumps for the buggies - mainly because no buggy lads turned up early enough.
If you can get there for 7 please do so and help with set up. I know some genuinely cant but I also know some can who don’t!!!!
If the usual handful of track builders don’t arrive one week we’ll miss a round as the track will be 15 mins late getting built due to the majority being 15 mins late arriving to help L
Rant over - it’s the first for a while!
Also just another call for anyone who is reading this and wants added to the email list, PM me your email
Old 10-04-2013

Hi Mark

will be back this monday so jumps will be back on the menu lol

Gar
Old 12-04-2013

Well its reminder time again - remember you should be racing on Monday so remember to fix anything that’s broken and charge anything that’s flat.
Hopefully we’ll have a few more than last week racing and a few more completing the nights racing!
Another couple of reminders - remember doors open at 7pm and the track doesn’t build it’s self, please get there to help if you can, Oh and don’t park on the grass!!