Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 21-12-2015

Default where to buy a kyosho maxxum ff

where to buy a kyosho maxxum ff anyone know where to get one? and what class they could be entered into
Old 27-12-2015

Had 1 sold it on e-bay a while back !

used it a club races but not allowed in anything more serious aparently being 2 wheel drive it was too good for those in the clique.

TBH it was a piece of shit and no where near as good as the RC10
Old 27-12-2015
Mad Member

Do you want it for 'the Vintage-factor' or 'the FWD experience?'

If it's the first, I can honestly say from restoring one that the Maxxum is a very nice piece of vintage machinery: Besides the different concept it's got some nice and different features in the design There are a nice few upgrades for the car which will give you a nice hunt for upgrades, although if I recall correctly, the car was good enough and sturdy in the basics... Just not very practical at keeping dirt away from the electronics with the bodyshell serving as a scoop Also, the concept doesn't offer the best performance that FWD has to offer.

So - without trying to make it too much of a sales pitch - if you're looking for the highest performance, you might want to consider checking out the 'ORB Racing FF210' buggy...

PS: FWD buggies are 2WD-legal under BRCA and EFRA regulations - vintage racing is a bit of a different story, and depends very much on both your model and where you're racing...

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 27-12-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 30-12-2015

more for vintage a mate had one when i was younger and would just like to add one to my collection
Old 31-12-2015
Mad Member

Cool In that I can recommend you to check the German and French eBay sites: On the German one there are great finds and bargains that you don't find through eBay.com, and if I recall correctly, FWD buggies were relatively popular in France back in the day, so you may strike gold there too. And last but not least: Check communities such as IconicRC and TamiyaClub. I came across mine from TamiyaClub back in the day for a measly 60 euros (in 2009) - and to be fair it didn't need that much reastoration work either! I probably shouldn't have sold it after the restoration, but at least I have good memories of it!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 31-12-2015 at 09:21 AM.