Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 16-07-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
I hope not, thats not fair on the people who ran their finals!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 16-07-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I think its a bit unfair too... when we did our final, the meeting hadn't been abandoned and the people who didn't run did it out of choice... this also means I broke my car for nothing...!

At York the other week we used the results from the finals that had been completed, and qualifying for the ones that couldn't be run (I think??)
also means i beat you AGAIN em , i took a gamble that finals would be called off as the rain didnt look like lifting and didnt fancy cleaning the car again.

Old 16-07-2007

Either the BRCA need to change the rules or they should reframe from using the word ‘Final’, never heard of anything so stupid in all my life, when I got to the rostrum for my ‘final’ that’s exactly what I thought it was, not a ‘maybe final if everyone else gets a go’. My result doesn’t affect people in any other final does it? So where is it unfair? It’s unfair on anyone who bettered themselves during their final.

People who didn't get a chance to run their finals don't lose or gain anything, to revoke a final that was run and completed is wrong and is absolutely unfair.

To quote the words ‘fair for everyone’ in defense of this shambles is an insult to me and many others who completed their ‘final’, it's a joke.

Is it fair that I ran my final and got second but the poll man could have sat in his tent and during that race and now beats me, I think not.

(still ranting)
Old 16-07-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathy View Post
I very much doubt that anyone in a ‘higher’ final is going to be annoyed at having to have their results as they qualified, they don’t lose anything and don’t gain anything,
Would you call the D final a 'higher' final Bathy? If so then I was very much annoyed. I worked for an hour and a half to clean and repair my car to grid up D 9 as I knew that with not much chance of a full grid it was possible for me to make up some places.

G
Old 16-07-2007
Super Moderator

YEAH! YEAH!
Old 16-07-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Either the BRCA need to change the rules or they should reframe from using the word ‘Final’, never heard of anything so stupid in all my life, when I got to the rostrum for my ‘final’ that’s exactly what I thought it was, not a ‘maybe final if everyone else gets a go’. My result doesn’t affect people in any other final does it? So where is it unfair? It’s unfair on anyone who bettered themselves during their final.

People who didn't get a chance to run their finals don't lose or gain anything, to revoke a final that was run and completed is wrong and is absolutely unfair.

To quote the words ‘fair for everyone’ in defense of this shambles is an insult to me and many others who completed their ‘final’, it's a joke.

Is it fair that I ran my final and got second but the poll man could have sat in his tent and during that race and now beats me, I think not.

(still ranting)
not really dave, you know the rules before you race there available on brca site, everyone has the option to take a gamble not to race, i know in this instance i profited but same thing happened at southport a few years back and i didnt that time, im just supprised they ran so many finals before it was cancelled to be honest

Old 16-07-2007
BANNED

Quote:
..... Who writes these rules, sort it out.
It's drivers as BRCA members that write the rules, at the AGM. It's the place for discussion on this, and maybe a rule change if that is what is decided.

Remember that the BRCA is all the drivers as a collective - the comitee just use the rules that the BRCA vote for.

(What is the collective noun for a group of RC drivers?)

Personally I did 8th to 3rd in my final, so I lost out, but it's just the way the cookie crumbles.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 16-07-2007
Super Moderator

Exactley what I said earlier Stu, the place to sort this is the AGM, but not many racers can actually be arsed to go

G
Old 16-07-2007
BANNED

I'm gonna start a new thread - cos this one has gone poo.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 16-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Would you call the D final a 'higher' final Bathy? If so then I was very much annoyed. I worked for an hour and a half to clean and repair my car to grid up D 9 as I knew that with not much chance of a full grid it was possible for me to make up some places.

G
Yes much higher, I can see that you could be annoyed at not getting the chance to improve your overall result but the weather can't be helped and you didn't lose any places did you?

The point I'm making is that finals that have been run don't affect where you (for example) finish overall do they? Anyone in a higher final at worst lose out on an 'opportunity' to do better, but again surely a final that has run and finished can stand as a result.

Why would the BRCA wish to revoke the result, we are here to race not gamble on the weather, a race which has been completed should stand as a result ‘final’.

Would you be annoyed if a final below you (people with a lower score on the day) was allowed to stand as a completed result, I see no reason why you would do really, but let me know if I'm missing something here?
Old 16-07-2007
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
also means i beat you AGAIN em , i took a gamble that finals would be called off as the rain didnt look like lifting and didnt fancy cleaning the car again.
Funny how the only times you beat me, you don't actually literally beat me... its always by default...!
Old 16-07-2007
Super Moderator

So then Bathy, who decides who has the oppertunity to improve thier result (race thier final) and who doesn't (doesn't race thier final)? I would have been very hard pressed to not have inproved as I know 1 person was not going to race the D final anyway.

G
Old 16-07-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Funny how the only times you beat me, you don't actually literally beat me... its always by default...!
what ever

Old 16-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
So then Bathy, who decides who has the oppertunity to improve thier result (race thier final) and who doesn't (doesn't race thier final)?

G
Ummm god!

Down to the weather isn't it!

Keep in mind that I think you'd be more annoyed had you run your final and improved but had your race result revoked... trust me that's unfair.

If you read back to what I’m saying you’ll see that the point I am making is that at the moment the rules is leaning towards those racers who didn't get a chance to improve. I say that is unfair on people who have been able to run their final, the rule in my opinion should be adjusted to consider the fact that once a final has been completed it should stand as a result.

I still see no good reason why a completed final cannot stand as a result, no one is posting a good reason why they shouldn’t? Which again highlights the rule currently sucks.
Old 16-07-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Ummm god!

Down to the weather isn't it!

Keep in mind that I think you'd be more annoyed had you run your final and improved but had your race result revoked... trust me that's unfair.

If you read back to what I’m saying you’ll see that the point I am making is that at the moment the rules is leaning towards those racers who didn't get a chance to improve. I say that is unfair on people who have been able to run their final, the rule in my opinion should be adjusted to consider the fact that once a final has been completed it should stand as a result.

I still see no good reason why a completed final cannot stand as a result, no one is posting a good reason why they shouldn’t? Which again highlights the rule currently sucks.
why wasnt it stopped after round 2 its was unsafe to marshall after all thats where the problems lies if your car blows up its tough but if some gets injured or worse it could become a legal issue which aint good for any of us
Old 16-07-2007
Administrator

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/oswestry2007national/

Old 16-07-2007
Super Moderator

Thanks for the title pic of your report Jimmy!!

I almost feel famous
Old 16-07-2007

Top work all round, Jimmy. Ace pics in some really poor Sunday conditions, puts the rest of us to shame. Great write-up too, this weekend was the first time I've seen the report building process and it seems a lot of work for (relatively) little thanks.
Old 16-07-2007
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_B View Post
Top work all round, Jimmy. Ace pics in some really poor Sunday conditions, puts the rest of us to shame. Great write-up too, this weekend was the first time I've seen the report building process and it seems a lot of work for (relatively) little thanks.

How can you say that Pete? I thank him every sunday night when I am called Sara. lol
Old 16-07-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Guys, the rules dictate what the committee "have" to do when these isues arrise. Doesn't make it right, i know.

Must admit, i did say to Si as we were clearing up that i did feel just a little sorry for those that had gone out and risked their kit only for it to be worthless.

My personal view is that i can't see any good reason not to count the finals that have been run. All it really needs i would think is for it to be proposed and seconded for the agm and you never know!!!

Qualifying rounds are a different matter, if a round is canceled during then the whole round should be scrubbed.

Fair play to the club, think the track was better than last year. A little "slow" overall for my own personal taste, but that's just me.

Good work on the early posting of the report Jimmy.