Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 23-12-2014

Default First buggy for racing

Hello I'm just getting back into rc cars after 10 years away from them. At them moment I have a hyper 7 nitro and a Tamiya tt-02 touring car. I'm wanting to buy a buggy for racing at some local tracks i'm not sure if it should be 2wd or 4wd. and I would have about £150 to spend on a rolling chassis or kit, I've had a few ideas like the hobao H2 Pro or the club one which seem cheap and have been looking at second hand Kyosho ZX5's. I would like something that spares are easily availiable and i'm not fussed if I have to go second hand. I appreciate any help cheers
Old 23-12-2014

Firstly, do you have a local club you'll race at ?

What is the most popular class there, 2 or 4wd ?

What surface will you primarily racing on ?

People will be recommending the cars they like to you until they've all been mentioned

Some stores don't appear to list the Hobao H2 Pro anymore so I'm not sure how good future parts supply will be...

Out of the major manufacturers, there aren't really any 'bad' buggies. Always a good plan to run what others do at your local club, both for set up advice & trackside spares.

Secondhand can work so long as you don't buy something with worn parts that you'll need to replace otherwise you may have wished you'd bought new. Another benefit of a new kit is you'll learn how to work on it as you built it !

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 24-12-2014

Hi , you can pickup a secondhand team associated b5m for around that price depending on seller, there good cars and are quite new so will be arounf for a while, the yokamo bmax2 is a great choice too and have been going up for reasonable prices. But those aside check what racers at the track you want to go to are running, they will have a better idea of what works well and if you have same car as some of them getting tips on setup is a timesaver, it also helps in those dammit moments when you break something and dont have a spare you never know someone might be able to help. Hope this gives you a few things to look into to help you decide.

My current car is the B5m, when I chose it only 1 other person was running it at my track so ye didnt take my own advice lol.

Keep a look out on forums for good deals. Have fun