Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 10-01-2016

Default Vintage or Modern?

Hi all.
I'm stuck on which car to buy. After coming back into the hobby after too many decades I am looking for a vintage buggy that I can have a little bashing/fun with, but won't embarrass me if I want to do a little racing at club level.
I'm not necessarily thinking about the original release hot cars of my youth (Cat XLS, Optima Mid, PB Maxima etc), but something modern that is reliable, with good spares availability, can be reasonably competitive, but looks 'vintage.'
I haven't driven anything since my Boomerang in 1988 so even an RC10 Worlds re-re is going to blow my mind in terms of performance as I learn the skills.
Any advice or suggestions?

Cheers.
Old 10-01-2016

go for the rc10 worlds re release.you wont be dissapointed and it will put a massive smile on your face every time you run it.Can outrun most modern cars in capable hands.
Old 10-01-2016
Awesome Admin

I agree with Jez if you want somthing old but for a bit of bashing then you'll have a good parts supply and they won't break the bank either.
Old 13-01-2016

Cheers guys, I'm very tempted. I have a feeling they won't be available for too much longer.
There are cheaper cars around, but I worry about parts supply for some of the Chinese brands. I'll probably get parts for the worlds car in another 20 years.
Old 13-01-2016

I think that all your options have been covered, RC10 Worlds or nowt to suit vintage bashing and racing. Until Kyosho Re-release the Optima Mid, of course.

Tamiya and Kyosho Re-Re's aren't really for racing might not keep up. Unless you're looking at the DT-02 challenge. Where this might fit the bill.

Modernish with vintage looks.

Last edited by bretts; 13-01-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 13-01-2016

That's my DT-02 Holiday Buggy ^ with mod'd front shocks. I wish it still looked like that now!

Racers tend to have very recent and very competitive buggies but there are plenty of vintage classes popping up at clubs so the world could be your oyster if you find somewhere with a vintage/iconic class.

My advice would be to visit your local club and see what's going on and then take it from there.

John