Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 31-12-2006

Default Are these good specs for a 4300 battery?

Weight: 408g
Capacity: 4300mAh Measured at 860mA (0.2C) discharge.
Capacity > 4000mAh - At 30A discharge
Max Discharge Current: 35,000mA (35 Amps!)
Max Charge Current: 6,000mA
Internal Resistance: <15mOhms when fully charged (<2.5mOhms per cell)
Old 31-12-2006
Mad Member

Yes those are good specs on paper, but i bet the product does not deliver (1) the voltage under those loads or (2) The capacity. Is this a product you have found other than that supplied by IB or GP because even these two manufacturers struggle to live up to their advertised claims in my experience.

N
Old 31-12-2006

Hi,
Yes have seen these on ebay,item number,300065269881.....i need to buy some new batterys and these look good,and a good price..but not knowing to much about batterys,just want some good advice,by people who know!!
Thanks.
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

I could not view that item because the item had finished (did you buy it?). I looked at the other RC batteries on their shop and it looks like generic no-name stuff out of China (GP and IB are also out of china). It will be a case of you pay your money and you take a chance. I see they do sell some of the 4300 red sleeved products which i have in the office for testing - although those samples arrived at the office with the sleeve split on a number of the cells not a good start!).

Remember that although you would probably be OK at club level, you would not be able to run these batteries at sanctioned BRCA meetings as the cells would not apprear on Paul W's cell list.

N
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

Just checked again, yes the cells in that pack you looked again are the same as i have in the office. They badged as VAPEX. A colleague of mine met them at an Exhibiton in Germany and that is where the samples came from. I see they have a UK website but it looks like that is someone importing and selling on-line only. Very cheap.

I will test the samples I have in the office and give some feedback in a week or two.

Neil

Last edited by neiloliver; 01-01-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-01-2007

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the info.........just one more thing,because they are in stick pack,the ones i am interested in,will these last ok,because you cannot look after them like you can saddle packs???
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

You wont be able to check individual voltages or to balance them.. you might even have a dead cell and not know it. As i said, you pay your money and you take your chance! I think they are worth a chance at the price they want for them.

N
Old 01-01-2007

Hi Neil,

Ok,i'll buy a pack and see how we go!!!!!

let me know your results and what you think when you have tested them!

thanks for your help,

simon
Old 01-01-2007
Admin

Anyone tested these yet?? http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...products_id=52
Old 01-01-2007
Super Moderator

Neil, are these the ones you have on your desk to try?

Also whats the crack with these red colured East Power cells? Do you know anything about them? I read on one matchers site that they are going to stop selling them due to the way they do business!

G

Last edited by Northy; 12-10-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

No, those are different. The ones I have on my desk are these:

http://www.vapextech.com.hk/product-...20battery.html

They may all be the same thing with different sleeve on, Chinese manufacturers are like that! I have seen those East Power ones on the RC Station website but not tested them.

These Vapex ones are not BRCA legal anyway and the closing date for adding new cells was yesterday I think..!

Neil
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

I understand that the EP cell is "OK" although i'm told they are not as good as the latest IB cell. That was info from a couple of months ago, not sure if EP have changed their cell at all. Should know a little more in a couple of weeks. They were not on the 06 EB list, but i suspect that they will be on the 07 list when it's released this month.

I do know that there are 2 versions of the EP cell. "UV" and "UC", basically a high voltage version, and a high capacity version.
Old 01-01-2007
Super Moderator

Cheers guys,

Matt, what was just 'ok' about the EP cells? Voltage, run time or life? They are floating about a stupid cheap prices at the moment, and I'm in the market for some cells.

With brushless this next year I don't think I'll be looking for the last 1/10th of a volt on cell specs.

G
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

I was told that they compared very well to the IB SHV cell - but that the IB worlds cell was better.

It's all roumer to be honest. I was going to get some to test myself (as you say, they aren't that expensive!!) but just didn't bother. One thing i did get told though was that they were a little more robust than IB. Not sure if that's 100% true - as i guess you'd need to abuse them for a while to be sure on that one.

The other reason i held off was that i was unsure if both versions would be EB homologated, so thought i'd hold off.

Like i say, i might know a bit more in a couple of weeks. Talking to my man who's tested them the other day, and he's getting some new ones to test with soon.
Old 01-01-2007
Super Moderator

Ah cool, cheers Matt.

WTF are IB worlds cells? I didn't know about those. So there are the std ones, SHV and Worlds now? How do you tell them all apart?

G
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

the price!!
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
No, those are different. The ones I have on my desk are these:

http://www.vapextech.com.hk/product-...20battery.html

They may all be the same thing with different sleeve on, Chinese manufacturers are like that! I have seen those East Power ones on the RC Station website but not tested them.

These Vapex ones are not BRCA legal anyway and the closing date for adding new cells was yesterday I think..!

Neil

Jut noticed these on the bay, item number 300065239056

4300, 530sec's at 30Amp - vapex again
Old 01-01-2007
Mad Member

Graham, yes there is an IB "Worlds Edition" cell. They have been out 2-3 months i'd guess. http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?partno=prod978

I haven't tried any personally, but everyone tells me they are just a bit better than SHV in all areas. They are identivied by a sticker the same as the SHV is.
Old 04-01-2007
Mad Member

I tested a couple of the Vapex cells Vs the GP430SCHR cells. Out of the box the Vapex had slightly higher running voltage during the discharge cycle (arounds 20mV at 4.3A discharge rate) but only provided just over 3500mAh whereas the GP430SCHR cells give 4000mAh typical. I have around another eight cells and will test these and post the results at a later date.

Neil
Old 04-01-2007

Hi neil,
My stick pack arrived today....before i use them for racing,should i charge them up,then discharge them???

Cheers simon