Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-06-2011

Default Newby in need of advice!!

Hi all, newby here and was wondering if you could help.

I'm interested in getting into racing buggies and have seen that forcc is my local club (I live in Rochester). I used to race motocross quite a bit but I've bought a house now and ever since then I've not really been able to afford to ride very much and saw no point in keeping the bike.

I thought I'd quite like to have a go at this and have started to look for a buggy. I used to have a nitro rc car several years ago but to be frank I haven't got a clue what buggy I should get. Your guide on the website was really helpful and with a budget of around £150 I've seen a couple of buggies but weren't sure how good they might be for racing.

I've seen the HPI Brama 10b and the Maverick Strada XB. They both seem to fit into the guidelines that you set on your website and look as though they might suit a beginner like me. I guess my question therefore is are they any good or should I look at getting something else? I also figured that when I get one I should get some practice in before racing as I fear I may be nothing more than a travelling road block!!!

Appreciate any advice