Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 16-03-2013

Default Looking at new transmitter

Hi guyz
A couple of people spoke to me the last friday, Danny was 1, about upgrading my Ansmann W5 transmitter to 1 that has setting options that would allow me to reduce the power of my motor to stop it being as punchy.
I've had a look at a few but to be honest didn't really know wot i was looking for. Modelsport have the Ansmann W6 on sale at the min at £45 instead of £80 but i didn't know if this is wot i should be looking for.
Any help or info would be appreciated

Craig
Old 17-03-2013
Mad Member

If your gonna get 1 for around the 50 quid mark, I'd look at something pre owned myself. I got my futaba with a nice carry case for £100 posted.

You could probably get a decent used spectrum for similar money to the new ansmann and I think you would be much happier with it.

I'll have a look out this week and see if I can find any recommendations for you.

Old 17-03-2013
Mad Member

The Ansmann w3.1 was my first controller. It wasn't bad but It just didnt feel right for me. I wouldn't recommend ansmann from my experience with it.

Heres a couple to look at.

Cant vouch for the quality of this 1, but others I've spoke to seem to like it. It also has all the advanced features and settings such as dual rates, epa and exponential for steering and throttle.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-FS-...item2c674a8459

It's also very good value for money.

Found this too, again can't vouch for the quality, but I like the look of it and the drop down wheel on mine is really nice to use. Maybe look for some reviews.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Absima-CR3...item484fbe6e60

If you can stretch your budget a little further, or maybe save for a few weeks. You will surely be happy with this. Proven radio, good quality and your very unlikely to want to upgrade it for a very long time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spektrum-D...item4171626da5

This would be my number 1 choice in the sub £100 bracket. Your other option is to hold out and try bag a bargain used premium radio from the forum
Old 17-03-2013

KO, Futaba, Sanwa or Spektrum. Stick with any of these. A decent transmitter is very important to me, it's got to feel right in your hands and be reliable. Go with a quality make.
Old 17-03-2013

I've had a look at those guyz thanks for the info. I'll prob go with the Spektrum but i wanted to check which would be the best to get. I've had a look and noticed that some of them give u telemetry readouts and wasn't sure if this was something that would be any use to me. Also what is RX and TX?

Thanks guys
Craig
Old 17-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tully, I've got a spectrum dx3c I can bring and let you try for the meeting. It not for sale, but it will give you a go with a different wheel transmitter, with the adjustments you need.
One of these: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...o-spm3300.html
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rx is receiver, tx is transmitter. Telemetry is not needed or used in 1/10 electric. Its for nitro. If the radio has it, just ignore those features.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-03-2013

Cool thanks Neal
Old 17-03-2013

core or code rc do all the adjustments and seem ok,cheaper than spectrum too.if you want to tame the punch,gear it up.simples