Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me guyz. This is the Motor/ESC I'm currently running:
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-...roducts/368726

I'm currently using a hpi Plazma 7.2V 4300mAh Ni-MH so would be looking for something with a similar or longer run time. Also I wouldn't want to add too much punch as i've been tuning my set up and got it just about right. Could always alter it though if needed.

Any further advice on sort of battery i should look at would be appreciated.

PS hope I'm not bothering any1 with all these questions

Craig
Something like this will be fine for you tilly

Gens ace 5300mAh 7.4V 30C 2S1P HardCase LiPo Battery

Neal runs these in his (only saddle type) in his 4wd with a much more punchy system in and loves them.
Old 09-04-2013

Trev,

my point wasn't about how good it is or whether you needed to download anything, only that the goods were not as per the description, which is the first requirement of the sale of goods act.
Old 10-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

@Great_Thark

I think you are missing the point here, nothing is being mis-sold, no-one is being misled and no claims are blatantly false. The original (and still current) info on the ESC states that any "future" firmware "will be" downloadable from the Vampire website, nothing more and nothing less. That is simply to make the model future proof, to assure customers that if new firmware becomes available it will NOT mean the old model becomes out of date (that is not to say that somehwere down the line an all new range would not ever appear) and it is still something they are working on, fact is, there has been no requirement to do any update past V1 firmware thus far in its life span (and no plan to yet in the future either), any such update page on their site would still be blank (since there are none available) and any USB bridge that racers would have brought would be useless to date since there is nothing "yet" for it to download.

Firmware updates for any electrical product are to achieve one of two things, cure or fix a problem/bug that has occured or to improve upon performance levels or features found on previuos versions, neither has been required yet, should they ever, then it will be a downloadable feature and that will be via their website for that model (once the site is re-launched from a temporary downtime and full makeover of course).

As for reviews, I linked to one in my last reply, independantly written and informative, not sure beyond that what else a buyer would want to know in advance of making a purchase, it provides all the "numbers and specs" you mentioned in a previuos post that you could not find, describes all of the features in depth and gives numerous out of box review photos. If you are looking for in car thrash tests etc, then that is not somthing I see from any brand of ESC on the market, making Vampire no different to anyone else in that respect. As for independant reviews, you have a string of different people on this very thread stating how good they feel the products are (many from experience) and there and numerous other threads like this all over oOple over the past 12-18 months. To say the info, specs and detials cannot be found anywhere when searching is not quite the case as I have shown.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to email me. This thread should be left to its original topic of "batteries" rather than be used to negative effect against one brand and in particular its ESC's and not even their batteries to which it relates....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636