Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 14-10-2012
Mad Member

Default SX3 Setup question - weight in the wet?

Hi all

I am running the brass lipo tray holders and the trishbit bits centre weight as per Simon moss setup found here http://www.oople.com/forums/attachme...2&d=1309335150

What I am finding at TORCH astro track is that in the wet it is a little tail happy. Almost too much rotation?

My questions are

Should I remove the trishbits weight and just run the saddle holders? Would this help stop the car rotating so much?

Would it help to remove the rear roll bar? Does that give the rear more grip?

In the dry this setup works really well for me, but it was a handful in the wet!

Any assistance greatfully received
Old 14-10-2012
Mad Member

At the recent LMR gp and Mid south regional @ Torch both were wet, personally i wouldn't run any weight in the wet (or dry now), the rudebits lipo tray is normally all i would run (or just trishbits centre weight) but not both. Remove the roll bar in the wet also, move to short wheel base.

Try the above first.....

Then you need to decide if the car is losing the rear going into the corner or when you are back on the gas coming out of the corner.

If you are losing going into the corner the try laying the rear shocks down (one hole at a time, that way you will feel what the changes are doing). If you are losing the rear under power out of the corner then try standing the shocks up (again, one hole at a time). You can also look at the new wider rear track that Schumacher have just released, this is a good improvement to the car wet or dry.

Another thing to look at is, are you running fixed drive or the Fab ?? If you are running the Fab then you may find the car will be better with it quite tight. This may take some getting used to if you are used to a one way feel. But it will feel better and improve your handling over time.

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions then fire away. Someone will answer.

John
Old 14-10-2012
Mad Member

Cheers John, that is very helpful. I shall take the trishbits weight off and arb in the wet. I do run lwb as well so will try shortening that too. Thanks very much for your help.