Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 15-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default B4 wheels on the Pro-X

Did this testerday, to narrow the front a little, stop front wheel binding, plus I got a few B4 wheels as is, plus I got loads of Proline fitment rear wheels.

I bought the steering arms, axles, bearings, for the B4, reamed out the kingpin hole to 3mm, fitted a spacer above, and it just slid right in, narrowed the front by about 4mm, maybe 5mm.

Rear, until they get the Proline fitment rear CVD's (which I hope comes with an axle spacer and wheels spacer), I used the front dogbones out of the DB-01 and the rear half shafts, trimmed down to clear the wishbones.

Works a treat.
Old 15-07-2009

i am also thinking of doing this front axle mod to my ansmann buggy and truck kits, but wont the B4 steering knuckles change the ackerman angle of the X-Pro?

the rear axle to use Proline/AE B4 rims are coming out soon for both buggy and truck, stay tuned. but the axle/wheel spacers are not included though...
Old 15-07-2009

it needs the spacers!!! grrrr

The pickup is only a little moved, not a great deal
Old 15-07-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

DCM you are a legend sir! And it really helps that I've got all them bits in my spares box from my Durga build so it keeps me in my "£75 for the year" budget .
Old 15-07-2009

the rear stub axle, trim down to just above the first line (you will see three lines around it), use the front driveshafts, three o-rings in the left outdrive, and if you got the wheel spacer, use it, or A13 will suffice.
Old 16-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
it needs the spacers!!! grrrr

The pickup is only a little moved, not a great deal
if you change the plastic wheel hexes to touring car alu hexes, you can crank down on the wheel nuts and yet it still wont bind....i did that to my macnum truck.
Old 16-07-2009

I have done this, because the front wheels weren't brill, made the car a tad wide, and I have so many proline rear wheels, just made sense, and how the car should of come.