Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > For Sale

Old 16-03-2014

Default HPI Vorza Atsushi Hara Edition no.2

Decided to sell both my HPI Vorzas (the other one is also advertised on here) and this is the "dry" car with harder springs and thicker shock oil than the wet car, it's only ever been run on astro and is basically immaculate apart from one or two light scratches on the chassis (the green is astroturf residue).

I've campaigned a Vorza in one way or another since getting back into the hobby in 2011 and this car (and my other one) remains the only BRCA legal 1/8th buggy to win a championship at my local club, South Coast RC where historically the truggies have always dominated.

These cars are proper blue collar racing machines, perhaps not so much a work of art as some but it goes out there and gets the job done. I've beaten MP9s with this car and it's my honest opinion it can take on anything, anywhere.

The reason i've worded the title of the advert "Hara Edition" is because the car is so heavily modded it's basically a Hara D8 with an ESC and motor instead of an engine! The spec is as follows:

FRONT
Doubled up 5mm shock tower (I used to bend single towers all the time but this mod makes the tower unbendable, I haven't bent it in 2 years)
Hara D8 alloy spindle carriers (£50)
Hot Racing Alloy hub carriers (£40 from the states)
Hara D8 68184 threaded hinge pins (stops pins popping out on hard landings)
Rear sway bar modded to fit on the front (it's thicker and reduces grip roll on astro, i'll include a stock front one)
Lightning series CNC front inner hinge pin brace (much stronger than stock)
Hara D8 outer steering rod ballends (gives slightly more steering at full lock)
DE Racing front bumpskid (protects leading edge of chassis)

REAR
Hara D8 112mm shocks (these are absolutely essential as the stock Vorza doesn't have enough rear travel)
Tekno high mount rear shock tower (£40 from the states)
HARA D8 CVD driveshafts (upgrade over stock dogbones)
New rear wheel bearings
New Hara D8 68184 threaded outer hinge pins (stops pins popping out on hard landings)
Hara D8 rear alloy hub carriers

CENTRE
Hotbodies VE8 CVD centre driveshafts (new rear inc. bearings and diff bevel gear)
New Hara D8 centre diff/spur/mounts and 16T HPI pinion 2 meetings ago

ELECTRICS
Hobbywing XERUN 150A ESC with upgraded brushless fan and servo extension lead so you can change the ESC settings without opening the receiver box
Hobbywing EZRUN 2700KV motor with Acer Racing ceramic bearings (trouser-fillingly fast in a buggy but with this combo and 6600 cells I was still able to do a 20 minute A Final at Dirt Effect without a battery change)
Savox SC1256 steering servo (bought in 2012 but reconditioned 1 meeting ago with new gears)
New Battery and ESC trays 2 meetings ago (stock ESC tray modded to take XERUN 150A, and 2 extra holes drilled in chassis so ESC tray has 4 mounting points)

I decided a long time ago to go with Hobbywing electrics, even with a sensorless motor the throttle response is smoother than with the stock Castle setup, you can change the settings trackside without a laptop and the XERUN gives you the option of using sensored motors.

MAINTENANCE
Anyone who knows me on here will testify that I take good care of my stuff, basically everything on this car has been reconditioned or replaced in the last 2-3 meetings regardless of cost as I took the view that if you're going up against Losi 8ights and MP9s you need to bring your A Game every time.

New wheel bearings all round
New outer hinge pins on rear
New front/rear CVDs 2 meetings ago
New front/rear gearbox cases 2 meetings ago
New rear centre shaft, bevel gear and bearings 2 meetings ago
New Hara D8 centre diff/spur/mounts and HPI 16T pinion 2 meetings ago
New rear diff 2 meetings ago
Reconditioned front diff inc new bearings 1 meeting ago
New servo link
Reconditioned front/rear shocks inc new seals/oil/ball ends 2 meetings ago
New front/rear wishbones 2 meetings ago (on D8s and Vorzas the arms never break but they bend over time)
Recent new top links and steering rods etc.
New rear wing and mount, wing modded to take handout AMB20 transponder

You will not be disappointed with this car, most of it is almost new and i'm asking £550 posted (courier). The stock Vorza is still around £550 and I threw most of mine away to build this. See it in action here, it's the black/white buggy on pole that closes in on and eventually stuffs the blue Losi 8ight T at 3:23:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyA-Kzt6iZU

Ebay decided to end my listing with just over 24 hours to go because I used "not MP9, RC8 etc." in the title, annoying!!

Will be relisted tonight (Sunday), in the meantime if anyone wants to do a deal outside of ebay let me know!!

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 30-03-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: ebay