Old 13-04-2013

Default Hupo's Car at EOS Dortmund

Interesting gearbox mount for the rear camber links
Old 13-04-2013
Mad Member

Alloy shock stand offs
Shocks forward and the alloy camber link
Old 13-04-2013

You mean shocks backwards no? I find it pretty hard to find Hupo and Jorn's setups from races? Do they have there own page out there?

If you look at U.S Durango driver Ryan Lutz he share's all his setups and info from races like it should be.
Old 13-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think they are testing a lot of new stuff. They haven't given an honest actual setup for quite a while.

Seeing what they write down and then talking to people that have seen the cars and what they are running is not the same.

Looks like a new rear tower as well?? And the new ball cups

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 13-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
You mean shocks backwards no? I find it pretty hard to find Hupo and Jorn's setups from races? Do they have there own page out there?

If you look at U.S Durango driver Ryan Lutz he share's all his setups and info from races like it should be.
yeah sorry couldn't really see the picture clearly on my nexus.

wonder if that's a new 2013/worlds spec 210

the back end of that car looks totally different, new tower perhaps, and new camber links etc.
there's new ball cups, the alloy shock mounts look like they are positioning the shocks pretty far back at the front

also there's a new TD cab forward body out for a standard length chassis and a new standard length plastic chassis that has been spotted on some team cars.
add to that the phenomenal price drop on the rtr kits at mb models and the worlds later this year and it all adds up to a new version of the 210 to me.
Old 13-04-2013

I understand they need to try new parts etc, but they should still help all the Durango follower's I think.

Back in the late 2000's when the AE Pro's where messing around with the lipo's and trying new things on B4's. They would still put most of it on there setup sheets.

It would be nice for Durango customers to know some tricks so we could all get faster.
Old 13-04-2013

You can clearly see that they have sandwiched 2 carbon rear shock towers to get the correct offset for running the shocks on the the back instead of using spacers to get them vertical.

Also it appears to be an alloy chassis under there too. Could this be the rumoured +11mm alloy chassis that Jorn has been running for a while.

The blatant the part is the alloy mounting at the back which could be for new camber positions but it looks a little OTT for just that so something else is going on.
Old 13-04-2013

Default hmmm...

Quote:
I understand they need to try new parts etc, but they should still help all the Durango follower's I think.

Back in the late 2000's when the AE Pro's where messing around with the lipo's and trying new things on B4's. They would still put most of it on there setup sheets.

It would be nice for Durango customers to know some tricks so we could all get faster.
In 1989, 1991, and 1993 Associated effectively run the 'stealth' b4. The 1989 even had custom made wheels, tyres and a slipper - same with the Yokomos during those years. The Stealth B4 only came out over 10 years after its' prototypes in 1989.

the 210 pics I have seen of Jorns car does have a longer chassis, but little else
Old 13-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The camber link is in alloy because its a prototype for what will become a molded plastic part in the final version. Look at pics of the proto 210's and you'll see they were all alloy - its easier and cheaper to machine test parts that way.
The rear tower may also be the same, plastic in the final version, possibly even the front.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
In 1989, 1991, and 1993 Associated effectively run the 'stealth' b4. The 1989 even had custom made wheels, tyres and a slipper - same with the Yokomos during those years. The Stealth B4 only came out over 10 years after its' prototypes in 1989.

the 210 pics I have seen of Jorns car does have a longer chassis, but little else

My first car was the RC10 in 1988 and I got the hop up steath tranny for it one year later. Back in those days it was three peace rims that went to 2.0 one peace then 2.2 came out from proline.

As for 10 years later the b4 came out. That's not how it went it went from the old gold tub to the steath car, worlds car, b2, b3 then the b4.

All I'm saying it would be nice to see some setups that are new so we can see what there running.
Old 14-04-2013

Default Fair enough

I'm just saying that prototype to release is not as bad as it was before.

Of the parts that frustrate me is the fact that Durango brought out the +8 Dimec, yet Jorn uses a custom made metal chassis.

The Tresray costs over £100, and I bet the RDRP is gonna be either the same or more.
Old 14-04-2013
Mad Member

Interesting to see this: I was at the EOS and I didn't see this! I was taking pictures of the action, maybe next time I should go quickly over the A-main grid with my camera too!

That said, this part looks coated/anodized, quite neat!

I think the fact that Durango are testing so many things is great! To be honest, for most people pace can be won with improving their skils, not with extra parts (this includes me!)

The competition in 2WD is extremely strong at the moment, so it's crucial to stay at the top of their game. Let them find out what changes the car needs a big leap in performance, in fact some changes may only work as a combination (or not at all work in combination with others). It's for the better that they develop it then release what works instead of us spending money on every part that might or might not work - we pay them to select the quality goods for us after all
Old 15-04-2013

I've been to big races in the U.S where the pros are. They don't mind if you walk over and ask setups and look at there cars. Is it like that in Europe can walk over and look at there pros cars at EOS series?
Old 15-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
I've been to big races in the U.S where the pros are. They don't mind if you walk over and ask setups and look at there cars. Is it like that in Europe can walk over and look at there pros cars at EOS series?
In general it's very easy to talk to them and unless you are disturbing them like 5 minutes before their heats I'm sure they'll take their time, too If you ask them about looking over the car I'm pretty sure they don't mind (though making pictures really depends on what mods they're running).
Old 15-04-2013

Default Ellis Stafford

I've spoken to Ellis Stafford a few times, and he was an absolute credit to Durango. looked at my car, gave advise, sorted me out with a spare. He even looked at my car just before he joined Durango (maybe a precursor of things to come...).

Craig Collinson has always posted set up help on this forum.

I'm sure all the team drivers are approachable.
Old 16-04-2013

The guys are testing new bits. I know of a couple of drivers who have items that we all will soon smile over and that won't cane the pocket either..so bare with them as they need to test it all before it is released and organise mass production of parts too.

The long chassis Jorn runs is a hand built one off prior to any of the tresrey/RDRP etc etc, so discount that from testing in that sense. However Durango do have a +chassis actually made by them in testing (don't ask questions as thats all im going to say )

As for other bits the guys are using the Durango gear as best they can to make the car work in differing cenarios. It would be nice if they can show us how they get the shocks on the rear of their cars etc etc in MM4 format, but it may actually be that they are having to do work outside of the Durango perameters. You can understand in that case they may not be totally forthcoming with what they are doing as if it goes wrong for a 'general public' racer they may try and create a backlash. I remember years back racing for a certain company I made changes to a TC that went way past the standard kit. Thing is one heavy shunt and the front would fold up. As such the change wasn't publicised heavily due to that. So give them time, at some point more info will eak it's way out.

As for help from the guys they are very very helpful. Ellis is a credit to them as are the other guys. Yeh sure right now Durango need to pick up a bit regards getting parts available, moving perhaps some of the test stuff to production, but in fairness they have some of the best team backup in this area of the sport !

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 16-04-2013

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:

We add the set-ups onto the TD website as soon as we get them in from the drivers. Some are faster than others at sending them in. I've just added Hupo's from the last EOS today.

It's hard to add stuff that we are testing to the set-up sheet as it can change from race to race dependent on feedback from the racers. Some stuff doesn't work and some stuff does. Our team are testing new items pretty much every week as we try to find the next 0.1s to keep on the right side of the development curve.

The best thing to do is go and ask the driver about what they are doing and why. They will have 'nowhere to hide' and will appreciate your honesty in spotting something rather than a 'sly' look here and there. We do it to the AE and Losi guys, if they don't want you to know then it must be really good

Swapping the shocks to the back is an easy switch:
1: Measure wheelbase before switch
2: Flip wishbones over.
3: Adjust wheelbase by spacing hubs.
4: Mount shocks 1 hole in from your 'front' mounted position on the wishbone. The shock angle for the same hole will be different on the rear (they will be laid-down more), so you need to 'Stand' them back up a little. Moving them in hole will do this.
5: Use spacers on the tower to get the shocks vertical again.
6: Dremel wing to clear shocks.

There's no other 'magic' required.