Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 06-02-2013

Default APEX MODELS :(

Has anyone else had noticed with Apex Models that supposedly in stock items actually aren't in stock.

Last two orders with them - ordered at the start of the week so plently of time to get them before the weekend all items shown as in stock.

By Thursday orders still showing as pending shipment

Ring them to be told on first order oh the item hadn't been delivered by their supplier to be fair after I pointed out I ordered it from them because their website showed it was in stock they arranged for it to be shipped direct from their supplier to me.

Ordered again this week as they were the only website showing all the items in stock, guess what order is still showing pending shipment.

Why show items as in stock when they are not
Old 06-02-2013

there stock isnt live so its a totally gamble!

stick to mbmodels, insideline and jespares they always delivery as promised
(not needed to use any one else)
Old 06-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Lesson learned then ! Stick to one of the sponsors of this site

See My Feedback

Old 06-02-2013

Don't forget "Number 5 " too !

Ordered Sunday night , arrived Tuesday morning , brilliant !
KO Propo Espirit 4 stick radio

Dji Mavic Air2S
All round gadget freak !
Old 06-02-2013

To be fair it doesn't actually state the words in stock on the apex website. So i don't think its very fair to slate them on a public forum.
Old 06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
To be fair it doesn't actually state the words in stock on the apex website. So i don't think its very fair to slate them on a public forum.
I have had the same issue and had to cancel my order after a week and purchase elsewhere.

The site says "currently out of stock" for items that I presume are out of stock and allows you to "add to cart" for items I presume are in stock!!!
Old 06-02-2013

I can't fault Number5Designs, JEModels or Inside Line Racing, amazing service from all
Old 06-02-2013

you are right james, however it does either show "out of stock" "on back order" or add to cart which after the first two would lead you to believe that it's in stock
Old 06-02-2013
Mad Member

Yep, same thing happened to me years ago. Only happened once though and that was enough to not use them again.

I only use the stores with livestock now.
Old 06-02-2013

When the website show 'add to basket' this means it is either in stock or in stock with the supplier. If it shows 'out of stock' or 'back order' this means Apex can't get the parts in at this moment in time.

Hope this solves some peoples confusion.

Sam.
Old 06-02-2013

I had the same issue, order a MRT pt some wires and connectors, or a dispatch email and stuff didn't arrive until 2 week later
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 06-02-2013

I've been done by them a couple of times recently too. Only use them when nowhere else has what I need. Their delivery is slow too.
Old 06-02-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Some shops offer a 'shadow stock' of their suppliers, but if they don't have enough of an order to make the shipment worth it, then it is pointless.
Old 06-02-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

I have always found them to be great with me, only ever had one issue and that was with a team orion battery pack (90c) which they replaced no questions asked. Mind you I always order over the phone so they tell me if its in stock or not so makes life easier.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 06-02-2013

I've not had issues with Apex. The website used to be pretty rough to navigate and that was a put off, but it's fine now.

Just like everything else...For every individual that publicly mentions an issue there are usually dozens if not more who are very happy about stuff .

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 06-02-2013

In my opinion Apex Models has a lot of postives, good website (stock issue aside), good product range and good prices, but I have to agree in my recent experiences the delivery isn't as realible as JE Models or MB Models.

See my trader feedback here;

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186538
Old 06-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I ve had issue aswell i ordered a orion charger few years back paid them after week 1 nothing so phoned apex, week 2 nothing so phoned apex, week 3 nothing phoned apex for refund they stated refund had be paid week 5 bank statement came it had not been refunded so contacted the bank they said they need it to be 6 weeks from payment date to apex before they could get involved week 7 refund in to bank.
Old 07-02-2013

I have used Apex before with no problems, it is just in the last year.

Yep I use JEmodels, MB models, Demon never had problems as they actually show what is in stock, orders picked, packed & dispatched very quickly, that used be how Apex was, but it seems no more.

As stated ordered this time from Apex as they were the only website that everything was "in stock" as the website leads you to believe, as it was about 8 items felt was worthwhile taking the chance rather than having to order from 3 different sites.

As others have said other sites show items as "shadow stock" with a longer delivery time for items in manufacturers stock, so at least you know the position.

I think Apex should make clear which items they have in stock and those that they can order from the manufacturer.

Sorry Apex but in future it will be 3 different sites that I order from.
Old 07-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Some shops offer a 'shadow stock' of their suppliers, but if they don't have enough of an order to make the shipment worth it, then it is pointless.
I've been caught by this. Not by Apex tho. But its a pretty shoddy way of showing stock.
You can control how accurate your stock is, in your warehouse, but relying on another company to keep your stock up to date, when they may not have live stock levels, and may be supplying 100 other shops as well, is a bit rubbish.

I got my money back and don't use them anymore.
Old 07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
I on the other hand think it's entirely fair to name and shame, i've had parts turn up from the USA and Japan quicker than some things i've ordered from Apex and they're not the only ones either.

"Radicool RC" have an ebay listing for every HPI part ever made ("GENUINE PART!") but they don't have a single thing in stock, they just order it from HPI when you pay online and it turns up 10 days later, i've had to miss race meetings due to this because I ordered something the preceding Monday expecting it to arrive in good time to rebuild the car. They've also set up their ebay shop so it's impossible to request postage discounts for multiple purchases.

Taking someone's money for something you don't have in stock is basically lying, anyone reading this is a person who willingly gets up at 5AM on a Sunday to go racing and shouldn't have to put up with being treated like this, it's an insult. Plus the fact it seems it's only in the UK where such poor service is deemed acceptable. Why should the inhabitants of a country who stood alone against Hitler and basically saved the world in 1940 put up with this? Vote with your feet.

Personally I sometimes find myself ordering from abroad just to avoid dealing with UK model shops at all which is a shame for 2 reasons:

Some of them like Inside Line and JE Models try very hard and deliver an excellent service, I can't recommend these two highly enough

Ordering from abroad takes money out of the UK economy.

If you're reading this and you run a model shop, be honest with your customers or they'll shop elsewhere. Apex actually used to be excellent back in the late '90s when Graham and Marc (MK Racing) worked there, they were the world's largest Schumacher retailer and everything used to arrive the next day without fail but since then somebody somewhere has made the decision to deliver poor service for reasons unknown.