PDA

View Full Version : 2.4gig range?


telboy
18-04-2008, 06:28 PM
What should the range be on a 2.4 spectrum unit?

I've just had my car out on the field and it only goes about 30/40ft away from me when the failsafe kicks in?

Now, I've got 11.1v in the tranny, cells are fully charged. I've run the speedo all winter without a problem along with the motor. I know indoors you don't go too far away from you, but it should got further than that shouldn't it?

I've tried a different receiver and it does the same.

any Ideas?
I've also taken the transponder out and it still does the same.:confused:

ashleyb4
18-04-2008, 06:30 PM
What speedo are you running have you got a voltage cap on tel?

A

DCM
18-04-2008, 06:47 PM
put the voltage cap on it Tel and all should be fixed.

telboy
18-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Running the LRP Sphere with the cap on.

Could be a dodgy connection?

ashleyb4
18-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Odd no damamge to the reciever wire or the ariel on the spektrum?

A

DCM
18-04-2008, 06:57 PM
no the power cap for the Spekkie receiver dude, every time someone has had shutdowns on spektrum, add the cap and problem gone dude, you can make it up from a small esc power cap and a servo wire if need be

telboy
18-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Ah, ok. not got anything to create one here.

Looks like I'll have to see how it goes on sunday at kiddy.

I assume its just wied up to the + - on the plug and then plugged into the bat port on the receiver?

DCM
18-04-2008, 07:08 PM
you got it Tel, I had it once on the TC and I run caps on all my receivers now and not had an issue since, and every one I have seen have an issue, has been solved by the power cap, you can by them but dick turpin, sorry, Horizon Hobby UK want to charge you £6

telboy
18-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Cheers dude. I'll have to sort one out.

Thanks:thumbsup:

DCM
18-04-2008, 07:14 PM
no worries, I would recomend the Spektrum one, but I can't justify saying buying 70p worth of electriconic items and being charged £6

ashleyb4
18-04-2008, 07:38 PM
try to find a maplins tommorow and buy a power cap.

A

dev
18-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I got very poor range on my B4/w spektrum when using it in a graphite chassis because the antenna ran through a section of it.
Fixed with a plastic chassis, doubled the range, still not as good as 40mhz though.

markwilliamson2001
18-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Their is a Maplin in Kiddy at the retail park. You need to follow the A449 I think into Kiddy, then go straight on at the railway arches to follow the dual carriageway through Kiddy.