Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18-04-2008
telboy's Avatar
telboy telboy is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chesterfield - no-mans land!
Posts: 3,175
Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default 2.4gig range?

What should the range be on a 2.4 spectrum unit?

I've just had my car out on the field and it only goes about 30/40ft away from me when the failsafe kicks in?

Now, I've got 11.1v in the tranny, cells are fully charged. I've run the speedo all winter without a problem along with the motor. I know indoors you don't go too far away from you, but it should got further than that shouldn't it?

I've tried a different receiver and it does the same.

any Ideas?
I've also taken the transponder out and it still does the same.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18-04-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

What speedo are you running have you got a voltage cap on tel?

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18-04-2008
DCM's Avatar
DCM DCM is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marvelous South Wales!!
Posts: 8,896
Default

put the voltage cap on it Tel and all should be fixed.
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-04-2008
telboy's Avatar
telboy telboy is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chesterfield - no-mans land!
Posts: 3,175
Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default

Running the LRP Sphere with the cap on.

Could be a dodgy connection?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-04-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

Odd no damamge to the reciever wire or the ariel on the spektrum?

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-04-2008
DCM's Avatar
DCM DCM is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marvelous South Wales!!
Posts: 8,896
Default

no the power cap for the Spekkie receiver dude, every time someone has had shutdowns on spektrum, add the cap and problem gone dude, you can make it up from a small esc power cap and a servo wire if need be
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-04-2008
telboy's Avatar
telboy telboy is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chesterfield - no-mans land!
Posts: 3,175
Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default

Ah, ok. not got anything to create one here.

Looks like I'll have to see how it goes on sunday at kiddy.

I assume its just wied up to the + - on the plug and then plugged into the bat port on the receiver?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-04-2008
DCM's Avatar
DCM DCM is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marvelous South Wales!!
Posts: 8,896
Default

you got it Tel, I had it once on the TC and I run caps on all my receivers now and not had an issue since, and every one I have seen have an issue, has been solved by the power cap, you can by them but dick turpin, sorry, Horizon Hobby UK want to charge you £6
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-04-2008
telboy's Avatar
telboy telboy is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chesterfield - no-mans land!
Posts: 3,175
Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default

Cheers dude. I'll have to sort one out.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-04-2008
DCM's Avatar
DCM DCM is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marvelous South Wales!!
Posts: 8,896
Default

no worries, I would recomend the Spektrum one, but I can't justify saying buying 70p worth of electriconic items and being charged £6
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18-04-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

try to find a maplins tommorow and buy a power cap.

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18-04-2008
dev dev is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 43
Default

I got very poor range on my B4/w spektrum when using it in a graphite chassis because the antenna ran through a section of it.
Fixed with a plastic chassis, doubled the range, still not as good as 40mhz though.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 18-04-2008
markwilliamson2001's Avatar
markwilliamson2001 markwilliamson2001 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Posts: 1,889
Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default

Their is a Maplin in Kiddy at the retail park. You need to follow the A449 I think into Kiddy, then go straight on at the railway arches to follow the dual carriageway through Kiddy.
__________________
:: AE B5MCE - SP 7.5 v3.0 Brushless Motor - Reedy Shorty Lipo - Savox Servo - Spektrum Rx ::
:: Paint By Turnip Paint ::
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com