PDA

View Full Version : Novak GTB Vs Losi X-Celerion


Body Paint
13-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I toasted my GTB last night, no-idea why but it now smells nasty so I need to replace it, BUT, the Losi speedo looks like a cheaper alternative.

I am interested to know if anyone has experience of both GTB and Xcelerion, and if they could tell much difference in performance/feel of the speedo using there usual choice of motor?

Northy
13-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Are they not the same thing, but a different colour? :confused:

G

James
13-06-2008, 12:27 PM
thats what i thought . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

depends if orange is faster than blue

Spencer Mulcahy
13-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I have both ran the Losi for the first time on sunday and I must say that it is very good and the setup card is ace. If you want to go deeper into the setups you can with the PC interface which I have not used yet. I felt it to be smoother than the GTB the mid throttle punch is very good.

silky
13-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Well Craig, you know all about my/our experience so far!!!! Not good on the Losi side. I am going to do a firmware update tonight and then bring up to club and see if it makes any difference, but I think as we both thought on the weekend there is more than likely a problem with mine!! :mad:

Body Paint
14-06-2008, 11:56 PM
So know Ben seems to have his problems sorted I'll be ordering mine Monday :thumbsup:

strobe
15-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Craig. I Blitzed my GTB on tuesday night. Looks like the Wiring harness where the Receiver wire goes has shorted out. Started to smoke with the Battery connected and switch turned off. Sent it off to Derek Bailey as it was out of its 120 day Warranty. What is the warranty on Losi electrical Equipement.
Going to order 1 of these new Losi ESC's. Looks good for both new and expert drivers. Can change the set-up and have forward/reverse. My oldest boy is showing an interest in the sport. Might order a 2nd S2 for him to use?

vinny20
15-06-2008, 03:01 PM
The one thing i like about this speedo is the price its very good and u get just about everything u need but i dnt no if its very competitive compared to the other speedos like GM,LRP,NOSRAM,TEKIN,SPEED PASSION

ashleyb4
15-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I havent got the speedo but im highly interested at the price i have one of the motors though and i was highly impressed by the quality the sensor lead is very long but it seems too quality it plugs in nicely and is a good fit i have a speed passion sensor lead and it has fallen out since it was new so ive never used it. But the system does seem top quality for the price.

A

josh_smaxx
15-06-2008, 05:28 PM
My orion 6.5 in my 2wd packed in on Saturday so im just going to order the whole system, its like paying the full £70ish for a motor then getting a speedo for £40ish :thumbsup: awesome!

tyreman
15-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Craig

I ran my Losi motor for the second time today at our regional, and it was as fast as anything down the straight, and really good mid range through the infield.

Body Paint
17-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Cheers Bri, ordered one today :thumbsup: