|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I toasted my GTB last night, no-idea why but it now smells nasty so I need to replace it, BUT, the Losi speedo looks like a cheaper alternative.
I am interested to know if anyone has experience of both GTB and Xcelerion, and if they could tell much difference in performance/feel of the speedo using there usual choice of motor? |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Are they not the same thing, but a different colour?
![]() G
__________________
Graham North http://www.atomic-carbon.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/atomiccarbon https://www.facebook.com/nortechracing |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
thats what i thought . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
depends if orange is faster than blue |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have both ran the Losi for the first time on sunday and I must say that it is very good and the setup card is ace. If you want to go deeper into the setups you can with the PC interface which I have not used yet. I felt it to be smoother than the GTB the mid throttle punch is very good.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well Craig, you know all about my/our experience so far!!!! Not good on the Losi side. I am going to do a firmware update tonight and then bring up to club and see if it makes any difference, but I think as we both thought on the weekend there is more than likely a problem with mine!!
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
So know Ben seems to have his problems sorted I'll be ordering mine Monday
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Craig. I Blitzed my GTB on tuesday night. Looks like the Wiring harness where the Receiver wire goes has shorted out. Started to smoke with the Battery connected and switch turned off. Sent it off to Derek Bailey as it was out of its 120 day Warranty. What is the warranty on Losi electrical Equipement.
Going to order 1 of these new Losi ESC's. Looks good for both new and expert drivers. Can change the set-up and have forward/reverse. My oldest boy is showing an interest in the sport. Might order a 2nd S2 for him to use?
__________________
Associated SC10. Associated RC8. Atomic Carbon S4. Paint by Wezzer. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
The one thing i like about this speedo is the price its very good and u get just about everything u need but i dnt no if its very competitive compared to the other speedos like GM,LRP,NOSRAM,TEKIN,SPEED PASSION
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I havent got the speedo but im highly interested at the price i have one of the motors though and i was highly impressed by the quality the sensor lead is very long but it seems too quality it plugs in nicely and is a good fit i have a speed passion sensor lead and it has fallen out since it was new so ive never used it. But the system does seem top quality for the price.
A
__________________
Ashley Williams I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves! |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
My orion 6.5 in my 2wd packed in on Saturday so im just going to order the whole system, its like paying the full £70ish for a motor then getting a speedo for £40ish
__________________
Canon 40D (350D backup) - EF-S 18-55 - EF-S 17-85 - EF 100-300 - EF 50 - Canon 430 EX || Speedlite - Canon BG-E2N Grip Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended AX-10 Crawler - Thats all I have left!!!
Last edited by josh_smaxx; 15-06-2008 at 05:31 PM. |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Craig
I ran my Losi motor for the second time today at our regional, and it was as fast as anything down the straight, and really good mid range through the infield.
__________________
Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid, X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy, RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk My Trader Feedback - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=tyreman
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Cheers Bri, ordered one today
|
![]() |
|
|