View Full Version : specific requirements on motor esc
extrememacko
03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Hello all, new to the brushless era and have some requirements before I purchase.
I am lookng for a good esc and motor combo that will be at home in a 1/12th scal as well as my 2wd buggy and is British made, any suggestions?
Thanks chaps
RudolfXC
03-02-2013, 03:13 PM
It's not British, but you would need a 1S compatible ESC such as an Vortex R10 Pro Brushless ESC (120A, 1-2S) and a 10.5 stock spec motor.
vrooom
03-02-2013, 03:16 PM
May I ask why it has be british make?
Only british make ESC you can get is mtroink. they are here on http://www.mtroniks.net/ under Speed controls - cars. there is 4 choices.
extrememacko
03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
M.Troniks, is that it?! What a sorry state of affairs!
I just try to buy British made things to support our engineering community.
Ok so 1s compatability is a spec. didnt realise.
What is 10.5T equivelant to in old money?
morpheus2010
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
If you are going to run 1/12 with 1S Lipo you need to have an ESC that has a voltage boost to drive yer servo and Rx or add voltage booster or a receiver battery.
The majority of electronic stuff, Not just RC kit is made in the far east these days :cry:
10.5 brushless would be comparable to a 17 double brushed.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.