PDA

View Full Version : Robs shopping list help


Tobamory
03-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Ok so I've built the cars and I now need gear for the insides.

I have a premium list but I need help with a budget list, just so I can get moving.

Premium is as follows

Savox 1258 servo
Orion R10 pro or HPI flux pro
Specktrum dx3s
Thunder power 6.5

Ok so budget list

Servo I'm unsure anybody help me here same as savox but maybe cheap alternative
Hobby wing 100a sensored/sensor less ESC ( need one that will take all motors)
Code or specktrum 2e
Motor as above but maybe another make. The speedpassion kits look ok.


Batteries would be orion carbon pro or vapetex
Charger that over lander

Ay pointers would be good thanks, I'm on eBay daily looking but nothing as of yet

Aire valley
03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Have a look at Hobbyking UK warehouse for esc motor and turnigy batteries all good kit at very good prices..... Possibly servos also but Alturn servos from Modelsport are a good cheaper alternative to savox..

Tobamory
03-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Many thanks for that Al

Just been looking at that speed passion box set,

Anyone know diff between the pro and the R ESC.

neallewis
03-03-2013, 09:43 PM
If you buy a cheap radio, you will buy twice and end up spending more.
The Spektrum DX3C does everything the DX3S does however, so a good bit cheaper.

Ebay isn't the place for deals. its not "cheap". Go to MB models and have a chat, they stock a lot for all pockets.

Hobbyking.com uk warehouse stocks decent enough saddles for club racing if you need to save a bit of cash. also giantshark.com for gens ace packs, but they are out of stock right now.

I wouldn't cheap out on servo, you'll just end up buying a better one later.

Tobamory
04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
thaks Neal, I do have 2 cars to prep so was going to buy what I could to start with then move that gear as I upgrade to my sons.

I did win an Orion Vortex R10 pro last night on ebay, so that's one piece down. saves myself 60 quid

Danny Harrison
04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I also wouldn't skinp out on the radio. However, this is very cheap, 2.4ghz and has all the settings too. For £25 quid its pretty much a throw away worst case scenario too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Etronix-Pulse-EX2G-2-channel-2-4ghz-FHSS-Proportional-Radio-System-ET1100-/140916536394?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20cf47b44a

steveproracing
04-03-2013, 12:38 PM
£25. Cheap!!! It would be a very expensive lesson though if it decides to unbind when on full throttle etc and total your car. Your tranny is your only link between you and the big pile of cash you put on the track. I would want something I know is good quality!

Danny Harrison
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Haha I found this out when using a flysky receiver with my futaba. Took off at full speed into a ramp, off the wall and into a person. The second wall stopped it. I now keep that reciever for VRC.....

Tobamory
04-03-2013, 02:17 PM
yeah get the point.

thanks

Anybody know what the USA defacto store for ordering gear, i fly out soon and will order some parts to my Hotel

and any pointers as to whats cheaper out there, i see speed passion is, any others we pay a premium for in the UK ?

steveproracing
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Losi parts house very good for associated bits. You will pay the same price in dollars as we do pound. Ie something that here is £10.99 over there is $10.99
Which works out at £7.30. So something over 25% cheaper!!
All reedy stuff the same.
Not sure about spektrum
Other good shops include a main racing
Tower hobbies.
Non are good to import home vial mail though as you get f&@£ed on the import big style. But if you are going and can get stuff back in your case then big savings to be had!

Tobamory
04-03-2013, 04:21 PM
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_221_1889_222_2851_2853_2863/n/RC-Cars-Trucks-Electric-Motors-ESCs-1-10-Electric-Motors-540-Size-Motors-Brushless-Sensored-65T

these were them Steve, some I hadn't heard of

Tobamory
04-03-2013, 05:47 PM
ok so far ive won

Orion Vortex R10 pro 90A
Speed Passion 6.5R
Speed passion 4.5R (yeah I know I,ll use it for the street at home ) bargin though 19 quid unused

Richard Lowe
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
ok so far ive won

Orion Vortex R10 pro 90A
Speed Passion 6.5R
Speed passion 4.5R (yeah I know I,ll use it for the street at home ) bargin though 19 quid unused
I'd even say the 6.5 might be a bit keen to be honest, a 10.5 is plenty fast enough for most people to go quickly - even in 4wd ;)

lee.willows
04-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Can anyone recommend some decent cells. had some Orion ones and the with the C value and capacity they had to much grunt so want some lower c value ones but unsure on what to get.

So can anyone recommend some?

Tobamory
05-03-2013, 01:24 PM
60c was the norm wasn't it a while ago

the 90s are punchy

Tobamory
05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
I'd even say the 6.5 might be a bit keen to be honest, a 10.5 is plenty fast enough for most people to go quickly - even in 4wd ;)

Agree Rich, it was Ebay hovering that bagged them 2

Im just about to grab all the bits from MB tomorrow, and another orion R10 160A with mapping thingy

Danny Harrison
05-03-2013, 02:58 PM
ok so far ive won

Orion Vortex R10 pro 90A
Speed Passion 6.5R
Speed passion 4.5R (yeah I know I,ll use it for the street at home ) bargin though 19 quid unused

It will fly with that speed passion/orion combo. Think you'll hit a track before you go to the states?

Tobamory
05-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Naa i fly Sunday morning,

Ive got to go to MB tomorrow for the gear if batt comes in, ive also ordered the Orion r10 160A with mapping card.

Spent a small fortune, but should be there sunday 24th possibly if i get chance to setup car.

is it best to solder to the motor, or is there some fancy clips one could use for quick swaps ?

Danny Harrison
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Naa i fly Sunday morning,

Ive got to go to MB tomorrow for the gear if batt comes in, ive also ordered the Orion r10 160A with mapping card.

Spent a small fortune, but should be there sunday 24th possibly if i get chance to setup car.

is it best to solder to the motor, or is there some fancy clips one could use for quick swaps ?

Direct solder is technically the best way. I've put bullit connectors on mine though for quick swapping of motors and havn't had any issues.

Tobamory
05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Ill try some out then, see how they go, at least then between us we can try some of the motors i get :P

Danny Harrison
05-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Ill try some out then, see how they go, at least then between us we can try some of the motors i get :P

haha I'll have a blast of that 4.5t for sh** n giggles on the track no problem :)

Tobamory
06-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Got the 6.5 SP today and 160A ESC with Mapping box, Looks fun.

Will go to MB tomorrow hopfully and get at least 1 cars worth of gear.
Ordered

Core UAC 50 Charger
HPI Plazma Pro batt
Savox 1258
Code Transmitter
Pinions selection
also need some more motor wires, is it easy enough to resolder or do you guys extend short ones ?

Danny Harrison
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Got the 6.5 SP today and 160A ESC with Mapping box, Looks fun.

Will go to MB tomorrow hopfully and get at least 1 cars worth of gear.
Ordered

Core UAC 50 Charger
HPI Plazma Pro batt
Savox 1258
Code Transmitter
Pinions selection
also need some more motor wires, is it easy enough to resolder or do you guys extend short ones ?

I wouldnt extend wires bud. Best to put the correct length on. Its easy if you have a hot iron. If you have a £5 mapling jobba like me it can get a bit tricky.

I have pinions ranging from 17 upto 24 for mine with a 6.5T motor though the 24 hasnt been used yet. I use a 20 at batley indoors and it tops out about 3/4 the way down the straight.

Tobamory
06-03-2013, 09:08 PM
i need to do the wires Dan on the Ebay one, the guys already cut them to suit his car, so i need to extend them or take off and renew

whats best, i was thinking of joining the short ones, thus not disturbing Orions nice soldering on the ESC

Danny Harrison
07-03-2013, 01:25 PM
i need to do the wires Dan on the Ebay one, the guys already cut them to suit his car, so i need to extend them or take off and renew

whats best, i was thinking of joining the short ones, thus not disturbing Orions nice soldering on the ESC

Personally I'd do new wires, I cant see there being any problems though whichever you choose.