Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default Robs shopping list help

Ok so I've built the cars and I now need gear for the insides.

I have a premium list but I need help with a budget list, just so I can get moving.

Premium is as follows

Savox 1258 servo
Orion R10 pro or HPI flux pro
Specktrum dx3s
Thunder power 6.5

Ok so budget list

Servo I'm unsure anybody help me here same as savox but maybe cheap alternative
Hobby wing 100a sensored/sensor less ESC ( need one that will take all motors)
Code or specktrum 2e
Motor as above but maybe another make. The speedpassion kits look ok.


Batteries would be orion carbon pro or vapetex
Charger that over lander

Ay pointers would be good thanks, I'm on eBay daily looking but nothing as of yet
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2013
Aire valley's Avatar
Aire valley Aire valley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wharfedale
Posts: 966
Default

Have a look at Hobbyking UK warehouse for esc motor and turnigy batteries all good kit at very good prices..... Possibly servos also but Alturn servos from Modelsport are a good cheaper alternative to savox..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

Many thanks for that Al

Just been looking at that speed passion box set,

Anyone know diff between the pro and the R ESC.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2013
neallewis's Avatar
neallewis neallewis is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 3,368
Default

If you buy a cheap radio, you will buy twice and end up spending more.
The Spektrum DX3C does everything the DX3S does however, so a good bit cheaper.

Ebay isn't the place for deals. its not "cheap". Go to MB models and have a chat, they stock a lot for all pockets.

Hobbyking.com uk warehouse stocks decent enough saddles for club racing if you need to save a bit of cash. also giantshark.com for gens ace packs, but they are out of stock right now.

I wouldn't cheap out on servo, you'll just end up buying a better one later.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Yokomo - YZ-2CAL3 | YZ-2DTM3 | YZ-4SF2 | YZ-2T | YZ-2DTM Worlds | YZ-2DTM x2 | YRX-12 x2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

thaks Neal, I do have 2 cars to prep so was going to buy what I could to start with then move that gear as I upgrade to my sons.

I did win an Orion Vortex R10 pro last night on ebay, so that's one piece down. saves myself 60 quid
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2013
Danny Harrison's Avatar
Danny Harrison Danny Harrison is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,268
Default

I also wouldn't skinp out on the radio. However, this is very cheap, 2.4ghz and has all the settings too. For £25 quid its pretty much a throw away worst case scenario too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Etronix-Pu...item20cf47b44a
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-03-2013
steveproracing steveproracing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 493
Default

£25. Cheap!!! It would be a very expensive lesson though if it decides to unbind when on full throttle etc and total your car. Your tranny is your only link between you and the big pile of cash you put on the track. I would want something I know is good quality!
__________________
proracing
Moss Models
Associated
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2013
Danny Harrison's Avatar
Danny Harrison Danny Harrison is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,268
Default

Haha I found this out when using a flysky receiver with my futaba. Took off at full speed into a ramp, off the wall and into a person. The second wall stopped it. I now keep that reciever for VRC.....

Last edited by Danny Harrison; 04-03-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: autocorrect
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

yeah get the point.

thanks

Anybody know what the USA defacto store for ordering gear, i fly out soon and will order some parts to my Hotel

and any pointers as to whats cheaper out there, i see speed passion is, any others we pay a premium for in the UK ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2013
steveproracing steveproracing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 493
Default

Losi parts house very good for associated bits. You will pay the same price in dollars as we do pound. Ie something that here is £10.99 over there is $10.99
Which works out at £7.30. So something over 25% cheaper!!
All reedy stuff the same.
Not sure about spektrum
Other good shops include a main racing
Tower hobbies.
Non are good to import home vial mail though as you get f&@£ed on the import big style. But if you are going and can get stuff back in your case then big savings to be had!
__________________
proracing
Moss Models
Associated
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...s-Sensored-65T

these were them Steve, some I hadn't heard of
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

ok so far ive won

Orion Vortex R10 pro 90A
Speed Passion 6.5R
Speed passion 4.5R (yeah I know I,ll use it for the street at home ) bargin though 19 quid unused
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-03-2013
Richard Lowe Richard Lowe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobamory View Post
ok so far ive won

Orion Vortex R10 pro 90A
Speed Passion 6.5R
Speed passion 4.5R (yeah I know I,ll use it for the street at home ) bargin though 19 quid unused
I'd even say the 6.5 might be a bit keen to be honest, a 10.5 is plenty fast enough for most people to go quickly - even in 4wd
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-03-2013
lee.willows lee.willows is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Castleford
Posts: 347
Default Lipo Cells

Can anyone recommend some decent cells. had some Orion ones and the with the C value and capacity they had to much grunt so want some lower c value ones but unsure on what to get.

So can anyone recommend some?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

60c was the norm wasn't it a while ago

the 90s are punchy
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
I'd even say the 6.5 might be a bit keen to be honest, a 10.5 is plenty fast enough for most people to go quickly - even in 4wd
Agree Rich, it was Ebay hovering that bagged them 2

Im just about to grab all the bits from MB tomorrow, and another orion R10 160A with mapping thingy
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-2013
Danny Harrison's Avatar
Danny Harrison Danny Harrison is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobamory View Post
ok so far ive won

Orion Vortex R10 pro 90A
Speed Passion 6.5R
Speed passion 4.5R (yeah I know I,ll use it for the street at home ) bargin though 19 quid unused
It will fly with that speed passion/orion combo. Think you'll hit a track before you go to the states?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

Naa i fly Sunday morning,

Ive got to go to MB tomorrow for the gear if batt comes in, ive also ordered the Orion r10 160A with mapping card.

Spent a small fortune, but should be there sunday 24th possibly if i get chance to setup car.

is it best to solder to the motor, or is there some fancy clips one could use for quick swaps ?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2013
Danny Harrison's Avatar
Danny Harrison Danny Harrison is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobamory View Post
Naa i fly Sunday morning,

Ive got to go to MB tomorrow for the gear if batt comes in, ive also ordered the Orion r10 160A with mapping card.

Spent a small fortune, but should be there sunday 24th possibly if i get chance to setup car.

is it best to solder to the motor, or is there some fancy clips one could use for quick swaps ?
Direct solder is technically the best way. I've put bullit connectors on mine though for quick swapping of motors and havn't had any issues.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2013
Tobamory Tobamory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pudsey Leeds
Posts: 246
Default

Ill try some out then, see how they go, at least then between us we can try some of the motors i get :P
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com