PDA

View Full Version : X6 Servo Horn


Kopite
16-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here uses servo horns other than the standard Associated ones in their X6?

I've managed to snap two in two meetings (the associated one)....( I run a metal geared Futaba servo, and have superglued the servo saver, so there is a lot of strain on it to be fair)

...actually, Doddy snapped the second having a go of my car, animal
:woot:


Any suggestions or advice would be great!

cheers,

Stanners

MikePimlott
16-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I use the Dynamite Alloy one.

http://www.microtechracing.com//product_select.asp?ID=1705&Pcat=&list_type=X&Name=SERVO+ACCESSORIES

HTH

Mike

bigred5765
16-09-2008, 10:00 PM
dont glue em and use the truck spring,

Darren Boyle
16-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Most of the team use the Losi one form the XXX, it is quite a bit stronger than the AE version, alloy ones are OK but put more load on the steering assembly IMHO

stegger
17-09-2008, 08:12 AM
As darren has said stan, use the losi one it also brings the linkage more in line. If it's good enough for our national 2WD champ it's good enough for us;)

Lee
17-09-2008, 10:00 AM
...actually, Doddy snapped the second having a go of my car, animal
:woot:





What a mate :thumbdown: :woot:

I need to get one of these xxx ones.

Does anyone know what servo horns fit the AE servos?

Apart from AE ones :lol:

Kopite
17-09-2008, 10:14 AM
thanks all, appreciated

does using the AE servo horn (and therefore the link not being inline) have an adverse effect on the steering characteristics of the car?

I'll change it anyway, but just wondering....

Lee
17-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I cant see why it would stan but im sure some one will tell you it does, maybe its all in the head, like some people running the yellow dot on the outside tyre wall because its faster :o

super__dan
17-09-2008, 11:05 AM
When I used the original holes in the chassis I used a Losi horn that had a large offset and the ball on the back to get the link in line across the chassis for the most linear steering. However I know use B4 servo posts and horn and drill my own hole in the right place to get the link in line.

What is important IMHO is don't use a massive horn with a ton of leverage and have to turn all your tranny rates right down. I know someone who has a slow torquey servo and this makes it feel faster but I think it makes it feel weird.

PS I use a std AE horn, with glued saver and KO metal gear servo. Never broken a horn but have snapped the back of the saver assembly a couple of times. I stiill run it like that as even the HD servo spring is too weak for high grip (UK tracks)

Kopite
17-09-2008, 06:06 PM
oOple is ace :thumbsup:

Cheers for your help guys

stegger
17-09-2008, 07:44 PM
What a mate :thumbdown: :woot:

I need to get one of these xxx ones.

Does anyone know what servo horns fit the AE servos?

Apart from AE ones :lol:
Its the 25t one lee:) same as futaba.

matdodd
17-09-2008, 08:09 PM
:eh?: It was good till it broke though! Both times! :blush:

franki
17-09-2008, 11:04 PM
:eh?: It was good till it broke though! Both times! :blush:

You should work on your driving mate!!!

matdodd
18-09-2008, 05:55 PM
It was the transmitter I broke mate :blush: Stan said its because I Jam! :o

Kopite
18-09-2008, 09:17 PM
you broke the steering arm at the same time you bent the transmitter throttle stick, so yes, you're an animal :woot: