Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-09-2008
Kopite's Avatar
Kopite Kopite is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,641
Default X6 Servo Horn

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here uses servo horns other than the standard Associated ones in their X6?

I've managed to snap two in two meetings (the associated one)....( I run a metal geared Futaba servo, and have superglued the servo saver, so there is a lot of strain on it to be fair)

...actually, Doddy snapped the second having a go of my car, animal



Any suggestions or advice would be great!

cheers,

Stanners
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-09-2008
MikePimlott's Avatar
MikePimlott MikePimlott is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,729
Default

I use the Dynamite Alloy one.

http://www.microtechracing.com//prod...VO+ACCESSORIES

HTH

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-09-2008
bigred5765's Avatar
bigred5765 bigred5765 is offline
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chorley
Posts: 8,474
Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765
Default

dont glue em and use the truck spring,
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-09-2008
Darren Boyle Darren Boyle is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Watford, Herts
Posts: 4,501
Default

Most of the team use the Losi one form the XXX, it is quite a bit stronger than the AE version, alloy ones are OK but put more load on the steering assembly IMHO
__________________
ORCA - LC RACING - RUDDOG PRODUCTS - JCONCEPTS - ALPHA PLUS - TEKIN RACING - ULTRAPOWER
AVID R/C - VAMPIRE RACING - EXOTEK RACING - LUNSFORD RACING - X-FACTORY - TUNING HAUS - WTF
AME - RAGE R/C - REVOLUTION DESIGN RACING PRODUCTS - McKUNE DESIGN - TEAM AZARASHI
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-09-2008
stegger's Avatar
stegger stegger is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,714
Default

As darren has said stan, use the losi one it also brings the linkage more in line. If it's good enough for our national 2WD champ it's good enough for us
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-09-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
...actually, Doddy snapped the second having a go of my car, animal



What a mate

I need to get one of these xxx ones.

Does anyone know what servo horns fit the AE servos?

Apart from AE ones
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-09-2008
Kopite's Avatar
Kopite Kopite is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,641
Default

thanks all, appreciated

does using the AE servo horn (and therefore the link not being inline) have an adverse effect on the steering characteristics of the car?

I'll change it anyway, but just wondering....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17-09-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

I cant see why it would stan but im sure some one will tell you it does, maybe its all in the head, like some people running the yellow dot on the outside tyre wall because its faster
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17-09-2008
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

When I used the original holes in the chassis I used a Losi horn that had a large offset and the ball on the back to get the link in line across the chassis for the most linear steering. However I know use B4 servo posts and horn and drill my own hole in the right place to get the link in line.

What is important IMHO is don't use a massive horn with a ton of leverage and have to turn all your tranny rates right down. I know someone who has a slow torquey servo and this makes it feel faster but I think it makes it feel weird.

PS I use a std AE horn, with glued saver and KO metal gear servo. Never broken a horn but have snapped the back of the saver assembly a couple of times. I stiill run it like that as even the HD servo spring is too weak for high grip (UK tracks)
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-09-2008
Kopite's Avatar
Kopite Kopite is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,641
Default

oOple is ace

Cheers for your help guys
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 17-09-2008
stegger's Avatar
stegger stegger is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
What a mate

I need to get one of these xxx ones.

Does anyone know what servo horns fit the AE servos?

Apart from AE ones
Its the 25t one lee same as futaba.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 17-09-2008
matdodd's Avatar
matdodd matdodd is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,250
Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd
Default

It was good till it broke though! Both times!
__________________
WWW.SERVOSHOP.CO.UK
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17-09-2008
franki's Avatar
franki franki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
It was good till it broke though! Both times!
You should work on your driving mate!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18-09-2008
matdodd's Avatar
matdodd matdodd is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,250
Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd
Default

It was the transmitter I broke mate Stan said its because I Jam!
__________________
WWW.SERVOSHOP.CO.UK
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18-09-2008
Kopite's Avatar
Kopite Kopite is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,641
Default

you broke the steering arm at the same time you bent the transmitter throttle stick, so yes, you're an animal
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com