PDA

View Full Version : thank god Hamilton didn't get SPOTY!!


jim76
14-12-2008, 08:58 PM
hurrah, so glad Hoy won it

jordi15
14-12-2008, 09:47 PM
hurrah, so glad Hoy won it



you bloody misery!:eh?:

Col
14-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I have to agree that Hoy did deserve to win, but I don't understand why some don't like Hamiton:eh?:

jim76
14-12-2008, 10:45 PM
probably the fact he has no personality, just a PR script to read from all the time. At least that's how he seems.

He (only just) won it against a very weak field. doesn;t handle pressure very well. And sodded off abroad as soon as he made millions so he doesn't have to put any tax back into the country that made him.

Hoy doesn't earn millions, he wasn't groomed from an early age to go straight into one of the only cars capable of winning a race. It's just him against another guy(s) with there years of dedicated training coming down to a couple of minutes on a track.

Where do you honestly think hamilton would have come in the championship this year if he was in say a red bull? do you think he would even be in the top 10 short list for Spoty then?

General Accident
14-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes I have to agree. Hoy may be a superior athlete altho I think Becky Adlington is one better - no tech for her other than a swimsuit and hat - but the comp is Sports "Personality" and Hamilton is way too manufactured in my opinion to have a personality. Did Jenson Button (or Cheers Jense as Louise Goodman keeps calling him) ever win it? He cleared off abroad as soon as he'd earned a few quid as well.

By the way, I didn't watch it but was Hamiltons dad mooching in the background looking pensive as usual?

Lee
14-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I heard his dad was already half way down the steps to collect the award for him :lol:

jim76
14-12-2008, 11:42 PM
lol @ lee

Adlington, Murray, if fact most of the other nominees should have been ahead of him.

Chrislong
14-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Ive never been keen on Hamilton til today. Just got back from the Race of Champions where I saw Hoy and Hamilton before they flew off up to Liverpool. Must say was impressed with Hamilton.

ashleyb4
14-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I aggree im glas hamilton didnt win. Im not keen on hamilton he doesnt represent britain IMO.

A

Darren Boyle
14-12-2008, 11:52 PM
WOW Ash thats harsh...LOL

First you want to glass (glas) him then you say he dont represent Britain, do you mean in an Ali G kind of way - issit cos I iz Black!! (only joking before anyone rips me to shreads) :p :D

I thought he or Calzaghe would win it to be honest purely on the publicity each of their two sports generate, good to see a sportsman from a "lesser publicised" sport get the award.

I bet Lewis is p***** he won his first world title in an Olympic year!!!!

jono83
14-12-2008, 11:54 PM
i would edit that if i where you ash lol

Evsie
14-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I may be Welsh, but Joe Calzaghe should've taken it hands down I'm sorry.

Chrislong
15-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I may be Welsh, but Joe Calzaghe should've taken it hands down I'm sorry.

Didn't he win it last year? Id have liked him to do it again though.

jono83
15-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Didn't he win it last year? Id have liked him to do it again though. yeah he did win it last year, what a year he has had again though

jim76
15-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Calzaghe is a great fighter, but i don't think the Jones fight was a vintage by any means. Jones was so washed up it was untrue which i think counted against Joe. People think he took the soft/money option, which given it's probably his last fight you can't argue with.

Lee
15-12-2008, 12:20 AM
(only joking before anyone rips me to shreads) :p :D



Where is Glypo today :eh?:

Ash, You have done a full circle, your spelling is so bad its great :lol:


But your right ash, sunday night is racism night for the british public :woot:

ashleyb4
15-12-2008, 12:35 AM
He doesnt do anything for us he doesnt even live in our country I dont like him.

A

WOW Ash thats harsh...LOL

First you want to glass (glas) him then you say he dont represent Britain, do you mean in an Ali G kind of way - issit cos I iz Black!! (only joking before anyone rips me to shreads) :p :D

I thought he or Calzaghe would win it to be honest purely on the publicity each of their two sports generate, good to see a sportsman from a "lesser publicised" sport get the award.

I bet Lewis is p***** he won his first world title in an Olympic year!!!!

DaveG28
15-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm still hoping there's a less obvious explanation for what Ash said!! Edit: Cheers for clearing it up!!!

Hamilton should have moved to the Isle of Man and become a special constable, that's personality, like it or loathe it!!!:lol:

Lee
15-12-2008, 12:46 AM
He doesnt do anything for us he doesnt even live in our country I dont like him.

A

Neither does Gil losi but you love him :woot:


I think your very narrow minded ash, why does someone have to live in the uk or do something for you for you to like them ?

jono83
15-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Neither does Gil losi but you love him :woot:


I think your very narrow minded ash, why does someone have to live in the uk or do something for you for you to like them ?

lmao:lol:

jono83
15-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Double post

Kecky
15-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I was at the Echo Arena last night for the awards, and it was just Olympics, Olympics, Olympics :thumbdown:

I didn't watch any of the Olympics during the summer, but think i must have seen it all in 2 hours last night :cry:

Gutted i couldn't vote for Hamilton, as phones wouldn't work in the arena.

By the way Ash, people only say they like you, to get close to your Mum :p

Garry Driffill
16-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Kecky - Is that Ash's mum in youre Avator? :o

Alfonzo
16-12-2008, 10:40 AM
He doesnt do anything for us What was he supposed to have done for you exactly? he doesnt even live in our country No F1 drivers live in this country, they would if they earnt the same money as Chris Hoy I dont like him. He probably doesn't like you either.

A


....

Kecky
16-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Kecky - Is that Ash's mum in youre Avator? :o

I'm not sure.....we skipped formalities :lol:

nobby
16-12-2008, 12:26 PM
damon hill lives in the uk, and did when he won the his f1 title:p

the sports personality award is for sportsmen not cheats:woot:

telboy
16-12-2008, 01:05 PM
???:eh?:


When did cheating come into the subject?


Why is it that as soon as Britain gets a driver that can do the job, lost of brits hate him?
Who cares if he's a PR drone...aren't all F1 drivers now?
Thats why I liked Villenueve, cos he didn't give a crap, and wasn't scared to say things.

And I would hardly say that this years field is below par. Raikonen, Massa, Alonso and many of the up coming younger drivers are hardly crap.



Anyway, I know I went off subject, but I just get a bit fed up with all this 'hamilton bashing' whenever he apears on telly.:thumbdown:

mark christopher
16-12-2008, 01:16 PM
put him in a lower level car and see how he goes!
not all about the driver

jim76
16-12-2008, 01:22 PM
???:eh?:
And I would hardly say that this years field is below par. Raikonen, Massa, Alonso and many of the up coming younger drivers are hardly crap.


there are good drivers in the field, Alonso and Kubica being the obvious ones, but sadly they don't have a car capable of winning the title. Raikonen had reliability issues and then just lost interest once he was out of the running. Massa is hardly world champion material, yet it took Hamilton until the last corner of the last race to beat him!

If Hamilton could win the title in a Renault or Red Bull i would happily bow down to him. But winning in the best car doesn;t make him a good driver.

Schumacher won in the Renault when it was inferior, as did Alonso, hence i rate them far higher that Hamilton.

nobby
16-12-2008, 01:25 PM
???:eh?:


When did cheating come into the subject?


Why is it that as soon as Britain gets a driver that can do the job, lost of brits hate him?
past racing brits (of my time)
mansell: nice bloke
damon hill: nice bloke
james toseland: top bloke (i know moto gp) but still a brit
barry sheen: good bloke

all winners and all brits who come across as great ambassadors for britain.

Dreadstar
16-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Just out of interest,but who is this Hoy bloke and what sport is he in....I've never even heard of him before the awards.:bored:

nobby
16-12-2008, 02:26 PM
he's a cyclist.

jim76
16-12-2008, 02:46 PM
and has his own personality, not one given to him on paper.

oh, and he has won 4 olympic golds. don't think he has a popstar girlfriend to get himself in the papers more either.

Kecky
16-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Schumacher won in the Renault when it was inferior, as did Alonso, hence i rate them far higher that Hamilton.

Remind me, when Hamilton and Alonso where in the same car, both for the first time, who came out on top?????????

nobby
16-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Remind me, when Hamilton and Alonso where in the same car, both for the first time, who came out on top?????????
kimi raikkonen:p

Kecky
16-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Ice Ice Baby :p:lol:

qatmix
16-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I think its odd to slag someone off who comes across as polite, and well mannered. The guy is a talent, as his triumphs in every major series he has been invoved with he has won.

If I was sponsored by a successful F1 team, I would tow the line as well. The guy had humble beginnings unlike some of the f1 grid so he probably appreciates the chances he has been given more than most.

Kecky
16-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Do you think he walks around the paddock humming:

Don't Cha Wish your car was as fast as mine?
Don't cha wish your car was as great as mine?
Don't cha, Don't cha?

:p:lol:

telboy
16-12-2008, 09:35 PM
...but on paper, the Ferrari was the 'fastest' car this year. :)
All the speed traps and fastest laps prove it.

Kecky
17-12-2008, 01:26 PM
...but on paper, the Ferrari was the 'fastest' car this year. :)
All the speed traps and fastest laps prove it.

So what happend :eh?:

telboy
17-12-2008, 01:51 PM
They didn't have Hamilton or Alonso in the car!!!:p



Ooh you all asked for that one!!:woot::lol:

Lee Martin
17-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I dont really understand why people are talking trash about Lewis either???

Hes English, and now lives abroad....so your all saying if you had that sort of money you wouldnt move either? i would be gone in a flash! Less taxes which are a nightmare, Fitter women, better weather, better life!!!!!

England Sucks! i still love my country and support it all the way, but it sucks! its glum and despressing! Made up of a goverment who constantly seem to mess up! I dont remember the last time people said they were doing well or wow that worked out for the better!

i have no clue about politics or do i want to get involved! but anyway, back to the point.

Hes a english dude, who drives silly fast and keeps the pressure behind him! hes my kinda racer, constantly relaxed and chilled! He sits in that seat and gets it done! and i have no doubt he would in a slower car. The true driver comes out on slippy stuff! same as RC, look and Lewis when it rains! BOOM instantly faster! thats what makes a driver for me! no one has a real advantage in the rain....speed is a disadvatage at times!

Also they are a really nice family! i think he deserved to win personally.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

big air
17-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I dont really understand why people are talking trash about Lewis either???

Hes English, and now lives abroad....so your all saying if you had that sort of money you wouldnt move either? i would be gone in a flash! Less taxes which are a nightmare, Fitter women, better weather, better life!!!!!

England Sucks! i still love my country and support it all the way, but it sucks! its glum and despressing! Made up of a goverment who constantly seem to mess up! I dont remember the last time people said they were doing well or wow that worked out for the better!

i have no clue about politics or do i want to get involved! but anyway, back to the point.

Hes a english dude, who drives silly fast and keeps the pressure behind him! hes my kinda racer, constantly relaxed and chilled! He sits in that seat and gets it done! and i have no doubt he would in a slower car. The true driver comes out on slippy stuff! same as RC, look and Lewis when it rains! BOOM instantly faster! thats what makes a driver for me! no one has a real advantage in the rain....speed is a disadvantage at times!

Also they are a really nice family! i think he deserved to win personally.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Totally agree :thumbsup:

And as for the post
"put him in a lower level car and see how he goes!
not all about the driver"

I totally disagree yes he is in a good car but he still has to drive it round the track, It doesn't drive itself :rolleyes:

On to RC....

I wish i had a pound for all the times i have heard "Its the car setup thats why they quick"
car setup is very important but who the hell do you think drives the car round the track the tooth fairy!!! no its your blooming thumbs :woot::wtf:

Nick Goodall
17-12-2008, 02:54 PM
I've restrained from posting until now and reading what Lee said :lol:

I think the majority of you lot need to stop sounding like a bunch of bitter old women, moaning and bi**hing about someone that's actually really good at something.

If you had have followed any of Lewis' career before he famously landed in F1 you'd realise that every single Formula or class he's always been at the top of the field, even from a very young age in a "non-competitive" car.

The best way to ever judge any F1 driver is by their performance compared to the team-mate... i.e

Mansell Vs Patrese
Hill Vs Coulthard
Schumacher Vs Barrichello
Lewis Vs Alonso
Lewis Vs Kovalainen

The point is that the only way you can really judge them is against someone in their own car!!

The years Alonso won in the Renault that was not the slower car, same with Schumacher in the Benetton - trust me that car was not any worse then the Williams or Mclaren and it was obviously far better than the Ferrari's.

I just don't understand why people seem to genuinely really dis-like Lewis when he's done nothing but raise the bar and bring some life back into F1 - I'd like to know how many people only watch F1 now he's in it! I bet it's 1000's

I personally think we should all be proud to finally have a young Brit doing so well at one of our traditionally treasured sports and try not to read too much into what you think you know about his reasons for moving away or the fact he has a seriously hot girlfriend.

Give the guy some credit please! :p

Lee Martin
17-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Set up 'helps' not makes a driver....just look at lewis when he went on top gear in the star in a reasonabley priced car!!!!!! in the wet was almost faster than the dry F1 drivers!!!!!

Also talking of set up....at the JC race this weekend i broke my car on warm up...cables tied the rear arm together and had no wheelbase shims.....

TQ by 4 secs!

hahahahah!

GRIFF55
17-12-2008, 03:18 PM
at the JC race this weekend i broke my car on warm up...cables tied the rear arm together and had no wheelbase shims.....

TQ by 4 secs!


OOOH your my hero:lol::p. Seriously, i haven't watched f1 for years as it was getting boring(in my eyes), but had to watch this year to see if it was beginners luck for lewis. No way!! that guy can drive, give him a slower lesser setup car and he would still be up there. Nice to have some quality british talent once again:D personality of the year or not, he's still a genius. As nick said, whatever he sat in, he was always at the top of his game. Most people who are top at anything usually have the ability/drive/determination to be good at whatever they do!(buggers:woot:)

Kecky
17-12-2008, 04:07 PM
If next years cars really do allow slipstreaming and overtaking, i reckon you could put Lewis on the back row of the grid and he'd still win everytime :cool:

Smartalec
17-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Watch Rossi on the bikes, there's some real talent ........ it's much more interesting and they actually get to overtake :lol:

GRIFF55
17-12-2008, 04:48 PM
agreed!! but i think lewis has the same in an f1 car.
Stoner is the talent of future gp!! He's on the edge:D

Nick Goodall
17-12-2008, 05:28 PM
agreed!! but i think lewis has the same in an f1 car.
Stoner is the talent of future gp!! He's on the edge:D

On the edge and out of control.... well at least this year he was a bit :lol:

telboy
17-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Thats because he was being pushed harder by Rossi! :D

I think its gealousy. People just wish they had a fit bird and millions in the bank...along with their swiss cottage.

Just because he's got the balls as a 9yr old to go up to Ron Dennis and ask for a drive in his F1 car, doesn't make him spoilt.
Dennis told him that part of the deal was that he studied hard and got his qualifications at school. Giving him a sense of responsability and determination to acheive what he wants in life.

What can be so bad about that? If he sudenly turned into a time wasting lay about, thinking "I've got it in the bag" non of his would have happened for him. So I wouldn't say he had it too easy.

Alfonzo
17-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I dont really understand why people are talking trash about Lewis either???

Hes English, and now lives abroad....so your all saying if you had that sort of money you wouldnt move either? i would be gone in a flash! Less taxes which are a nightmare, Fitter women, better weather, better life!!!!!

England Sucks! i still love my country and support it all the way, but it sucks! its glum and despressing! Made up of a goverment who constantly seem to mess up! I dont remember the last time people said they were doing well or wow that worked out for the better!

i have no clue about politics or do i want to get involved! but anyway, back to the point.

Hes a english dude, who drives silly fast and keeps the pressure behind him! hes my kinda racer, constantly relaxed and chilled! He sits in that seat and gets it done! and i have no doubt he would in a slower car. The true driver comes out on slippy stuff! same as RC, look and Lewis when it rains! BOOM instantly faster! thats what makes a driver for me! no one has a real advantage in the rain....speed is a disadvatage at times!

Also they are a really nice family! i think he deserved to win personally.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Some sense at last. :)

DaveG28
18-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Have resistedposting till now as I didn't want to be accused of being a bitter Brit basher, but...

I think he's obviously a top driver, very fast, and has shown it right from karting and through every class. At the same time I challenge anyone to say when he has EVER not been in a top vehicle too (not just f1, but f3, karts). I think he was just getting into karting as my interest in it lowered (I raced karts at a low level until going to Uni, and was an avid reader of the sport) and I think I vaguely remember him being marked out even then.

Anyway, my point being I think he's possibly the best guy out there (personal view is it's real close between him and Alonso!), I just get uncomfortable when it's then overegged into how he's "had it tough" coming up too, cos I think he's had great opportunities just like some other guys.

Also, and he's far from alone in this, but it really winds me up when sportsmen encourage the press to build them up, but then want the press to never write negative's, and he's big style guilty of this, only wanting it one way!

Finally, tho I have no issue with him going abroad (Tho Nige rocked by going the Isle of Man!!!) I do think it's rich saying it's to "stop being hassled by fans" but then release autobiographies and take money off them!

jim76
18-12-2008, 11:13 AM
but then release autobiographies and take money off them!

Autobiographies are something a sportsman should release at the end of his/her career, reflecting on everything they have done. Not released early in their career and then every year after that!!

Footballers seem to be the worst culprits of this, but Hamilton has jumped on the money bandwagon.

bigred5765
18-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Autobiographies are something a sportsman should release at the end of his/her career, reflecting on everything they have done. Not released early in their career and then every year after that!!

Footballers seem to be the worst culprits of this, but Hamilton has jumped on the money bandwagon.

and why not, a drivers career is a very short period of there life's, grab it while you can i say,:thumbsup:

Nick Goodall
18-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Autobiographies are something a sportsman should release at the end of his/her career, reflecting on everything they have done. Not released early in their career and then every year after that!!

Footballers seem to be the worst culprits of this, but Hamilton has jumped on the money bandwagon.

Why not blame the people that buy it then? People will obviously only buy it if they are interested in his amazing career up until now!

nobby
18-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Why not blame the people that buy it then? People will obviously only buy it if they are interested in his amazing career up until now!
can somebody tell me whats amazing about his career:confused:
is he the only one that has a story behind his career?

in a word NO:o

Southwell
18-12-2008, 11:54 AM
What was it, 6 straight podiums in his first 6 races, 2nd in the championship in his maidon year, champion in his 2nd. Please tell me another person who has a track record like that in 2 years? How is that not amazing? It's not like you could do it.

Nick Goodall
18-12-2008, 11:54 AM
can somebody tell me whats amazing about his career:confused:
is he the only one that has a story behind his career?

in a word NO:o

Youngest ever F1 World Champion?

DaveG28
18-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I've restrained from posting until now and reading what Lee said :lol:

I think the majority of you lot need to stop sounding like a bunch of bitter old women, moaning and bi**hing about someone that's actually really good at something.

If you had have followed any of Lewis' career before he famously landed in F1 you'd realise that every single Formula or class he's always been at the top of the field, even from a very young age in a "non-competitive" car.

The best way to ever judge any F1 driver is by their performance compared to the team-mate... i.e

Mansell Vs Patrese
Hill Vs Coulthard
Schumacher Vs Barrichello
Lewis Vs Alonso
Lewis Vs Kovalainen

The point is that the only way you can really judge them is against someone in their own car!!

The years Alonso won in the Renault that was not the slower car, same with Schumacher in the Benetton - trust me that car was not any worse then the Williams or Mclaren and it was obviously far better than the Ferrari's.

I just don't understand why people seem to genuinely really dis-like Lewis when he's done nothing but raise the bar and bring some life back into F1 - I'd like to know how many people only watch F1 now he's in it! I bet it's 1000's

I personally think we should all be proud to finally have a young Brit doing so well at one of our traditionally treasured sports and try not to read too much into what you think you know about his reasons for moving away or the fact he has a seriously hot girlfriend.

Give the guy some credit please! :p


This is where he's overhyped though sorry, your post on uncompetitive cars! His F3 team (ASM) won the championship in 2006 and 2007 again with his replacements (Di Resta and Grosjean) and with Jamie Green the year before Lewis, his GP2 team (ART, actually the same team) had already won the GP2 championship with Rosberg the year before he did, and finished runner up the year after!

nobby
18-12-2008, 12:05 PM
you said his career.
now did his career start 2 years ago?

i don't know why people are getting worked up about some bloke that drives a car.

some people like him and some don't, or do we all have to like him just because his dad worked 3 jobs, and put a lot of time into getting him on the track.

Nick Goodall
18-12-2008, 12:12 PM
This is where he's overhyped though sorry, your post on uncompetitive cars! His F3 team (ASM) won the championship in 2006 and 2007 again with his replacements (Di Resta and Grosjean) and with Jamie Green the year before Lewis, his GP2 team (ART, actually the same team) had already won the GP2 championship with Rosberg the year before he did, and finished runner up the year after!

I was referring to the young age when he was in Karting - before the Ron Dennis saga started, even in a car his Dad had prepped he was able to beat kids in much better equipment - i was merely stating that he's proved time again he is quick whatever car he has been in and whoever his team mates have been

Nick Goodall
18-12-2008, 12:13 PM
you said his career.
now did his career start 2 years ago?

i don't know why people are getting worked up about some bloke that drives a car.

some people like him and some don't, or do we all have to like him just because his dad worked 3 jobs, and put a lot of time into getting him on the track.

lol - it all started because some Scottish Cyclist won SPOTY and people felt they had to slate Lewis for it?

You saying "do we all have to like him just because his dad worked 3 jobs etc etc" - It's the same as saying Do we all NOT have to like him because of that then??

DaveG28
18-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure how long in karting he wasn't in the best equipment, the Ron Dennis thing was at age 9 wasn't it? Minimum karting age is 8, and in Cadets, sorry even Hamilton couldn't win without a top engine!! Plus virtually everyone he raced against had their dads preparing the karts!!

Look, I think he is a top top driver, probably one of the fastest ever, but I'll support him more when he's not overhyped too! I've just posted to try and support the middle ground!

On the Spoty issue, sorry but I think an Olympian deserved it, as they only get the chance every four years too! Hopefully Lewis will get it in future!

Southwell
18-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Yed but it's the people around him that overhype him, not the guy himself. All F1 drivers are super confident but i think some people perceive it as arrogance. I bet if you go to Spain they will all brown nose Alonso, it's just the way it is.

DaveG28
18-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Yed but it's the people around him that overhype him, not the guy himself. All F1 drivers are super confident but i think some people perceive it as arrogance. I bet if you go to Spain they will all brown nose Alonso, it's just the way it is.

Too true!

nobby
18-12-2008, 01:21 PM
lol - it all started because some Scottish Cyclist won SPOTY and people felt they had to slate Lewis for it?

You saying "do we all have to like him just because his dad worked 3 jobs etc etc" - It's the same as saying Do we all NOT have to like him because of that then??
no i'm not saying we all have to dislike him, what i'am saying is everyone has there own opinion on who they like, and who they don't.
my opinion is he comes across as arrogant, and full of his own self importance.
i think there are more sports people deserving of top awards like spoty.
like olympians.

i don't think it's fair that some people who like him or have him up on some sort of pedestel think the people that have a negitive opinion of him are wrong:mad:

a question to everyone do you think (as nick calls him) some cyclist desrves the spoty award or not?
after all lewis hamilton has won 1 word championship, and he deserved it as he got the most points.
but chris hoy is 1 of the most successful british olympians of all time.

as for the spanish brown nosing alonso, isn't that what most people are doing to hamilton?

Southwell
18-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Each country will do it in one way or another, mainly the press. I personally would like to see Rosberg do better, he actually comes accross as a nice person.

nobby
18-12-2008, 01:28 PM
the question is does chris hoy deserve the award or not?

Southwell
18-12-2008, 01:33 PM
More than one person deserves it, i would of personally given it to Rebecca Addlington, saying that, I think i deserve it. :D

ryan
18-12-2008, 01:33 PM
You cant have the award ian, your to much of a homo.

Southwell
18-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for contributing, retard.

ryan
18-12-2008, 02:12 PM
:cry:

Southwell
18-12-2008, 02:13 PM
You better cry!

Irri Tant
18-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Hoy = 4 golds
Hamilton = 5 golds
Massa = 6 golds

so if we used Bernie's new FIA (Ferrari International Assitance) medal system Massa should have won Spoty:woot::p

Lee
18-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I dont think anyone can deny, Lewis is one of, if not the best F1 driver at the moment, he is aggressive, he takes chances etc, he is exactly what F1 needed. And best of all he is british.

I dont see why people knock him, if he didnt have talent, Ron Dennis would never have taken him under his wing. Lewis took his chance with both arms, he should be congratulated, look how many footballers 'nearly' made it, but found beer and women etc

DaveG28
18-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I dont think anyone can deny, Lewis is one of, if not the best F1 driver at the moment, he is aggressive, he takes chances etc, he is exactly what F1 needed. And best of all he is british.

I dont see why people knock him, if he didnt have talent, Ron Dennis would never have taken him under his wing. Lewis took his chance with both arms, he should be congratulated, look how many footballers 'nearly' made it, but found beer and women etc

All good reasons to praise him (think he has found women mind!:woot:), so he doesn't need all the added drama of how he had it much tougher than other people, which I find dubious. Although how much of that has got out of his control due to the media is anyone's guess.

I'd respect him much more for saying "You know what, I probably was the best prepared newcomer ever, I probably did have top cars/karts all the way through, but there's no place to hide now I'm here and it looks like I'm pretty handy doesn't it" than pretending how difficult he had it!

Although the Monaco thing last year with Alonso would still make me support him less! Mind you, Senna is my fav driver ever and he was always a lying sod too!!

Crazy L
18-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Christ, I think you're all getting carried away with this.

Sports "personality" of the year, the clue is in the title.

To win it, you have to have some form of personality (there's that word again). Not just because you win lots.

Thankyou, Goodnight