View Full Version : X-6 squared review on RED RC
stegger
15-04-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.redrc.net/2009/04/winning-equation-x-factory-x-6-squared/#more-17988 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: with some new stuff :drool:
MHeadling
24-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Whilst I was up at Dms today getting X 6 stuff ( nice carbon motor plate and blue stuff ) and saw the new Vampire metal rear hinge pin blocks, they look good quality and £19.99, what degree are the team guys going to run 3 or 4 deg??
Cockerill
24-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I've only ever run the 4deg standard block, so I'm gonna start with the 4deg Vampire block. I'll probably give the 3deg block a try though.
MHeadling
25-04-2009, 08:29 AM
My X6 has Rayspeed 0.5 deg rear hubs on it, do you think that with the 4deg block this is too much rear toe in? Should I switch to the 3 deg one when using these hubs?
Also one other quick one, I need a bit more on power steering, will switching from the 25 deg c hubs to the 30 deg ones give me more on power steering? What do you guys run normally outdoors?
Northy
25-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I think of caster blocks like a supermarket trolley. Trolleys have extreme castor (as they have castors fitted ;)) and as soon as you push them they just go forward..... so
More caster = less on power steering.
G
In board and outboard toe give a different feel as well, i can't remember what now but im sure ellis or elvo will be able to tell us.
We used to run 1 inboard and 2 out on the schuey on road cars at times.
stegger
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Won't more inboard toe-in give you a shorter wheelbase due to the sweep ?
Won't more inboard toe-in give you a shorter wheelbase due to the sweep ?
Yes, that too.
janus_77
03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Won't more inboard toe-in give you a shorter wheelbase due to the sweep ?
Yes, but also hingepin rotation point/angle, driveshaft angle, etc. There is just to many variables to make some magic rule. You just have to test it.
But to me inboard toe helps acceleration and sideways stability, outboard toe helps sideways stability but since your not changing the driveshaft angle and wheelbase it does less on accereration.
so I'd rather use 4 deg inboard to get max acceleration and if needed take back some on the outboard (you can mount them the "wrong way around" ) to adjust stability.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.